Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
JeninTexas
Mouseketeer

Le Cellier ADR on last day

We plan to be in Epcot the last morning of our trip. I have an ADR for Le Cellier at 12:40. They begin serving at 12:30 that day. We will be taking MDE back to the airport from CR. Our flight is at 5:30 so I assume we will need to be back at CR by about 2:30. Should we be able to make it with this ADR? Also, has anyone had their filet recently? Is it good?
JeninTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninTexas View Post
We plan to be in Epcot the last morning of our trip. I have an ADR for Le Cellier at 12:40. They begin serving at 12:30 that day. We will be taking MDE back to the airport from CR. Our flight is at 5:30 so I assume we will need to be back at CR by about 2:30. Should we be able to make it with this ADR? Also, has anyone had their filet recently? Is it good?
My family did almost the exact same thing last week. We had a 12:35 pm ADR for Le Cellier and our DME pick-up time was 3:45 pm. We were seated on time and finished up (two courses) around 2:00 pm (so about 90 minutes). In your case, I think you'll be cutting it kind of close in terms of getting back to CR. From Le Cellier, you'd need to walk to the monorail station, take the monorail to the TTC, and then transfer to the resort monorail. So, that will probably take about 45 minutes in general, plus walking time, which gets you back to the CR closer to 3:00 pm. You might make it if you stuck to only one course and/or took a taxi from the Beach Club or Boardwalk back to the CR, but it's going to be tight. Especially if you have to collect items for bell services, which can take a little bit of time.

I had the filet and it was outstanding; it's one of my favorite meals. The wild mushroom risotto was very yummy too!
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
JeninTexas
Mouseketeer

Thanks for that information figment! What time was your flight and what time were you told to be there for MDE?
Old 11-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for that information figment! What time was your flight and what time were you told to be there for MDE?
My flight was 6:30 pm and the DME pick-up was 3:45 pm.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

If you get my waiter you can do it. He basically delivered the ap, entree and bill at once. Of course you have to chase him down to pay and you won't get beverage refills or any other service. (Never again)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I suppose it all depends. We went twice on our last trip and both of our servers paced the meal fairly well. There was a break between ap and entree and drinks were kept filled. So, not all of the servers at Le Cellier rush their guests. Just like any venue, some servers are going to be better than others.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

OP I think you will end up taking a taxi to the airport with your current plan. Le Cellier meals ( 3 courses) generally run 1.5 - 2 hours. Then you need to leave the park and take 2 monorails to get back to your resort. Figure 45 minutes to an hour IF you are lucky and the monorails are running properly.

For a 5:30 flight, the DME bus will LEAVE your resort 3 hours before flight time for domestic flights, 4 hours before international ones. So you would need to be at your resort non later than 2:00 to retrieve your hand luggage from bell services, visit the bathrooms, and be ready to board. No way you can do this with your current ADR.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
JeninTexas
Mouseketeer

I was only planning on one course and then catching a taxi back to CR. However, I think that will still be cutting it too close. I think I will cancel the ADR and just pick up some quick service in WS after using my Soarin FP.
Thanks everyone for all your words of wisdom!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was only planning on one course and then catching a taxi back to CR. However, I think that will still be cutting it too close. I think I will cancel the ADR and just pick up some quick service in WS after using my Soarin FP.
Thanks everyone for all your words of wisdom!
I think this is the best plan. I agree with the others, your timeline is too short.
Next Time for LeCellier

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: