Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
pcolapawnstar
Earning My Ears

Annual Pass renewal question

Hello, last October we went to wdw and stayed at wilderness lodge, dining plan it was awesome. But to get the free dining plan I had to purchase 2 day tickets for each member of my party. Well I don't need tickets because we have annual passes. But the person whom I spoke with at disney reservations assured me that if I didn't use the tickets I could put the value of the tickets toward my annual passes when I renewed. So I received an email from disney that invited me to renew with a discount etc....but when I called I was told:

A) If I wanted to use the value I actually have to UPGRADE the tickets to an annual pass and I don't get to just apply the value of the tickets to my annual pass

B) I have to do it in person at the park

Annual pass department is closed on Saturday so I couldn't get anyone there on the phone so all I am relying on is information I received from whomever I spoke with in tickets and passes.

Has anyone else done this before and can shed any light in the situation for me? I'm a Florida resident. So I get a discount on my AP anyway.

I guess my question is, can I get my early renewal discount AND use the ticket price toward my renewal? Or do I have to pick one or the other?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
pcolapawnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
disney's daughter
DIS Veteran

Question

Can anybody answer this? I'd like to know too...
disney's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
bryanb
Mouseketeer

I just saw this post on the Disney Moms Blog which says that you can apply the value of your ticket toward your next annual pass renewal. The post is from 2013, so I would still check to make sure the information is valid. But if it is indeed valid, this is very good news for annual passholders who wish to take advantage of free dining promotions!

http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=120&cid=128&qid=229622

So it sounds like statement "A" in the original post is incorrect and statement "B' is correct. And therefore, as long as you can do your renewal in person at the park, you should be able to use the value of your tickets toward your early renewal and get your discount.

Last edited by bryanb; 07-03-2014 at 02:45 PM.
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
disney's daughter
DIS Veteran

Thank you. That answers my question....Hmmmm....Now do I want an Annual Pass or not? :
disney's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote