Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
Bete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
I agree with you about Alex. All my troubles started when he was not there anymore. Hope you have a great trip!!
Ditto
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #17
Andianna
Mouseketeer

This is my experience. I have used Apple several times and are scheduled to use them in two weeks. I have always had good service from them. I recently called them to adjust my rental times ( my mistake) was treated very respectfully and resolved issue in a matter of minutes. I will say maybe last use my scooter was not the latest scooter off the truck but had no problem with usage for a 10 day stay. I also received a discount for being a repeat customer and was never in all our uses asked to post a review on any boards. I would not be comfortable to use them if they had asked that of me. I hope your experience with whomever you go with makes your disney time easier.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #18
WheeledTraveler
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a general e-mail address for Apple Scooter? If so, could you PM it to me? I want to tell them exactly why I will not be using them again and the only e-mail addresses I have are direct to Alex and Kelvin. If anyone knows if Kelvin is still there, that knowledge would also work. Thanks!
WheeledTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

Kelvin was still there as of last week when we made some reservation changes.

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop Dec 2013 @ DLR
Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies Aug 2014

Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014 Jan 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #20
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I was considering maybe trying one if the preferred companies so that the scooter would be available when we arrive, but after reading several other posts, I will stick with Walker and the deep discount I get for being a platinum member over inconvenience (which it hasn't been too big of an inconvenience).
Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #21
burnetta696
Mouseketeer

Another question- how's the weight limit on a go go elite? The websites all say 175/190 but the booklet says up to 300lbs, I would imagine it's the speed and duration that's affected...

Anyone have an experience with it at about 220?

burnetta696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #22
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

Apple plays it safe the closer you are to the real weight limit the bigger the chance the battery isn't going to last a full day

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnetta696 View Post
Another question- how's the weight limit on a go go elite? The websites all say 175/190 but the booklet says up to 300lbs, I would imagine it's the speed and duration that's affected...

Anyone have an experience with it at about 220?
I would go with the number the rental company is giving you. There are different models of the Go Go Elite. I'm aware of one with just that name, but also Go Go Elite Plus, Go Go Elite Traveler and Go Go Elite Traveler Plus. The Plus ones have bigger batteries and higher weight limits.

Keep in mind the weight is the total weight being carried,so also includes any bags, purses or other things being carried besides the person.

As another poster mentioned, going over the weight will shorten the battery life.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
burnetta696
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
I would go with the number the rental company is giving you. There are different models of the Go Go Elite. I'm aware of one with just that name, but also Go Go Elite Plus, Go Go Elite Traveler and Go Go Elite Traveler Plus. The Plus ones have bigger batteries and higher weight limits. Keep in mind the weight is the total weight being carried,so also includes any bags, purses or other things being carried besides the person. As another poster mentioned, going over the weight will shorten the battery life.
Okay thanks for the advice... Also I'm looking into switching from apple and going with walker since it seems highly recommended as of late. But since they can't leave it with bell services- how are they about being there on time when delivering and picking up?

Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #25
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnetta696

Okay thanks for the advice... Also I'm looking into switching from apple and going with walker since it seems highly recommended as of late. But since they can't leave it with bell services- how are they about being there on time when delivering and picking up?
They're very good about being on time. They work with you on a one hour window, they call and discuss where you want to meet and then call to let you know they are close by, I think Anthony is the driver and he is fantastic.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #26
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer

Just a quick update. We were there this weekend and rented a scooter and rolling walker from Apple. The walker was a little flimsy and had a couple of little issues but nothing major. The scooter worked fine, though it was obviously cobbled together from a couple of different original parts. However, Apple told us they no longer rent sunshades, so this is a problem for us. That coupled with previous so-so experiences and declining customer service means we are looking at other companies for sure.

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop Dec 2013 @ DLR
Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies Aug 2014

Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014 Jan 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
pvz
Earning My Ears

I've used Apple for 6 trips in the past 2 years - 2 were 8 days in length and the others 10 including my latest Apr 21 - Apr30. Never had a problem until this trip. Picked it up at Kidani and caught a bus to Epcot for a Margarita, lunch at The Tangerine Cafe, Mission Space & Soarin'. About 1/2 way to the Bag Check, I was down to 1 Green Charge Light. Called Apple and they told me to go about my business and that someone would contact me in 20 minutes or so. Between Bag Check & Park Entrance, the Charge indicator was down to 1 Orange Light. Made it to Mexico, checked my phone and had 3 calls & a voice-mail from the Apple Tech, Joe. Told him where I was, ordered my drink and by the time I made it back to the ECV, he was there. Took him ~2 minutes to swap out the batteries and it never dropped a single Green Light the rest of the trip.
pvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #28
Gizmo1951
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down Apple Review After our trip

Very Mixed review on my experience with Apple this trip
Have decided to try another vender in the future
We had one scooter rented for myself the entire time this trip
That scooter caused no problems but was in poor shape with the button for horn handing loose and showed much wear but it caused no issues while being used
After the first day we needed to rent another scooter for my husband
He has several health issues and would never want to use a scooter but found his trip he could not without one. I called apple and they gave me a small discount on the second scooter. This scooter gave up on the first use after an hour battery showed fine but would not run and the steering part fell off on my husband. The bus driver had to help get it off the bus and it needed to be pushed to hotel I called Apple Around 9 PM but they were closed and I left an voicemail. They never returned my call and I again called in the morning and they brought another to the hotel. Said it would be fine. WE left the GF and went on the Monorail to MK after driving only 10 minutes or so it died on the monorail to MG we got off at the Transportation and they had to help get it off
It was pouring rain and we rolled it down the ramp and again called apple. They said they could meet us in 45 Minutes and I explained I was not waiting in rain for 45 minutes I would leave the scooter there and they could bring another to hotel. Which they did. This scooter was newer and gave no problems the rest of our trip. However, with this experience I will most likely no use again unless things change. It disrupted several of our days and caused several issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1951 View Post
We have one reserved for our trip in a few weeks

I have used them before with no problems but am concerned after recent comments

I called them yesterday with a question and the agent did not instill much confidence during the conversation

I will post my experience after our trip

Last edited by Gizmo1951; 05-23-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: mis spelled
Gizmo1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #29
Beesma
Earning My Ears

I returned Sunday from a trip to Disneyland--it was my first time renting an ECV, which I rented from Apple for five days. I had a great experience with them. They called me the day before our arrival to make sure I still wanted it and delivered it to bell services at my hotel the evening before we arrived. The scooter was in really good shape and was fully charged. I had absolutely no issues and will rent from them again in the future.
Beesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #30
burnetta696
Mouseketeer

So follow up! I did end up keeping my booking with apple an had no issues whatsoever.

It was their most basic model so it wasn't fancy, or especially beautiful but it held a charge for the day, and was delivered on time and worked wonderfully for my grandmother.

The charger wasnt in the best condition but it still did the job. I would absolutely consider using them again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: