Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 02:20 AM   #1
Wazza
Earning My Ears

Palo for a first-timer

Hello all! My gf and I will be taking our first DCL cruise early next January. One of the things I would love to experience is Palo's for both brunch and dinner. While I know that some reservations are held back to be done on board, I'm still worried we won't have any luck getting in. Anyone have any experience trying to book 120 days out for a January cruise? This would be on the Wonder.

I suppose I'm getting anxious over something trivial, but it's something I've certainly wanted to do

ETA: I just realized I posted this in the wrong place, sorry!

Last edited by Wazza; 07-05-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Wazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Hello all! My gf and I will be taking our first DCL cruise early next January. One of the things I would love to experience is Palo's for both brunch and dinner. While I know that some reservations are held back to be done on board, I'm still worried we won't have any luck getting in. Anyone have any experience trying to book 120 days out for a January cruise? This would be on the Wonder.

I suppose I'm getting anxious over something trivial, but it's something I've certainly wanted to do

ETA: I just realized I posted this in the wrong place, sorry!
I see that the Wonder is doing 4- and 5-night cruises in January. If you are on a 4-night cruise you will probably not be able to book brunch in advance. Dinner will be easier but may also be limited.

If you are on a 5-night cruise there will be two sea days so there will be more brunch slots, but you still may have trouble booking in advance. Again, dinner will be easier to get.

My advice is to book whatever you can when your window opens and then get the earliest port arrival time possible (in the on line check in section). Once on board head to the location for Palo reservations, which will be listed on your Navigator, and see what is available.

While I understand that you really want to go to Palo, and I think you'll have luck in getting at least one reservation, don't let it get to you if don't. There is so much to do on board and, as first timers, it will all be new to you. We didn't go to Palo until our third cruise.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #3
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Hi, I love Palo and we are doing Palo again on a 4 nighter. We are. Silver so got a reservation no bother. But with reference to you maybe Not being able to get a reservation I just wanted to let you know that our last cruise we cancelled our Palo night and our Palo Brunch while on Board. So there are still chances to get a night at Palo.
We cancelled because we had done a night at Reme and we were totally full of Food and couldn't see ourselves eating any more. It's just maybe me want to go more this. Cruise. Anyway, try and keep trying while on Board as well as people Cancel all the Time. Good Luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: