Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #76
MEK
DIS Veteran

Clearly I needed a bat signal for this TR because I didn't know it had started. But I'm here now and the start of your trip looks like a blast. I'm glad you had an uneventful, yet long, travel day. Too funny that divine intervention canceled your party plans.

How fun that you got to stay with one of your friends. She is very stunning. The kids look like they are having a blast.

Yayayayayay to finally arriving on the cruise you have been counting down for FOREVER!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #77
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

We booked the 11 night Northern European cruise on Disney Cruise Line!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #78
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Jamaica looks FUN! You cruised with Ellen? Lucky! Love her. Grand Cayman looks neat too. What are your plans in Jamaica?
Yes, in October 2010. The Halloween cruise. We didn't get talk really on the actual cruise itself, which I really regret, but we chatted lots before and after. Hoping our paths will cross again someday on either DCL or in WDW.

For Jamaica, I'd really like to go to Dunns Falls. I don't think my kids can actually climb them yet, but I'd still like to see them. Part of the DCL excursion goes there and also someplace where you can see dolphins, lizards and birds....that's definitely something they would love to do.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #79
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
I'll put it in his words.
That'll be fun to read

Quote:
It's a trip. It almost feels like a nice little buzz.
I like it, reminds me of the trip.

Quote:

I think they'd like a 3-4 day tacked onto a WDW trip. Not sure when to do WDW, before or after the cruise? What do you usually do? I would think WDW before as the cruise is so relaxing. Ellen is working on some numbers for us. My girlfriend Jenna and her family are doing a WDW/cruise combo next June. Hers is for sure. Mine, at this point, is a dream but one worth looking into.
Mom and I both agree WDW after, because the cruise is so amazing it's hard to go home right after. And then the vacation continues with more Disney magic but I'm sure a lot of people think the opposite and WDW before.

For the upcoming trip we're doing one day before and three days after. If you do a cruise from Port Canaveral it's very convenient to go back and forth to Orlando.

Quote:

Oh girl, that's so close!!

True gluttony

Quote:
Would I die on the Fantasy? It's so big.
Quote:
You get used to it, the layout is very similar. The biggest difference is there are two extra floors of rooms between all the main stuff, and you guys preferred walking. It's an absolutely gorgeous ship though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to sail on her again. But I do prefer the smaller size of the Wonder.

Quote:

I don't know. We're trying to figure it out. Ideally I'd love to do the first week in December but it requires missing school. Gabby is fine with it. Joshua doesn't prefer but making up the work is easy for him. Sweet Chloe is the one but Gabby told her that 5 days of missed high school would only be like missing 3 of some classes and 2 of another since they have A and B days. Half of their classes are on A day and the other on B day. Hmmm.....she's have to take driver's ed second semester though. She still hasn't got her permit so that's won't matter too much.
What a pain that school schedule makes for vacation! Any way to do the homework before leaving? I know some teachers aren't very accommodating.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #80
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Not this trip to WDW in less than 2 months, but our next one just a little over a year from now, we are adding on a Dream cruise after the WDW portion. For us we figure that we run ourselves somewhat ragged even though we are still relaxed compared to most at WDW. Also we are taking two of our friends with us. We figured it would be better for us all to arrive together, and then they can go home, and the two of us would go on with our journey.

We will need the cruise to recover from the running around that our friends will probably end up making us do!

Also we are on the Halloween Cruise on the Wonder, I suppose we should consider some easy costumes because I can't imagine a sail away day on October 31 without a Halloween dress up party!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #81
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Joining in!!!

Julie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Philly was exhausting. My cold is still lingering and I'm completely wiped out. Hopefully I can get to the TR this weekend..maybe Sunday since its supposed to be cold and snowy here again.

Jill in CO

Snow? Say it ain't so. I'm sorry you're still sick. Sometimes crappy weather is best when you're not feeling well as it allows for a little down time sans the guilt. Feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That'll be fun to read

I like it, reminds me of the trip.

Mom and I both agree WDW after, because the cruise is so amazing it's hard to go home right after. And then the vacation continues with more Disney magic but I'm sure a lot of people think the opposite and WDW before.

For the upcoming trip we're doing one day before and three days after. If you do a cruise from Port Canaveral it's very convenient to go back and forth to Orlando.

True gluttony

You get used to it, the layout is very similar. The biggest difference is there are two extra floors of rooms between all the main stuff, and you guys preferred walking. It's an absolutely gorgeous ship though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to sail on her again. But I do prefer the smaller size of the Wonder.

What a pain that school schedule makes for vacation! Any way to do the homework before leaving? I know some teachers aren't very accommodating.

I like the idea of WDW after. Lets the dream live a little longer.

The schools are a total pain. I learned tonight that most of the week we are looking at is full. So now I'm thinking either a 2 bedroom or maybe the week after. Before Dec. 1 is out if we want our friends to join us as I cannot borrow into 2015 if the trip happens before Dec.1 That deserves a second headache.

Two extra floors of rooms? Are the common areas just packed? I assume the restaurants are much larger as there are only two options for dining times still? I can't I,whine the pools.

Is Port Canaveral close to Orlando?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Clearly I needed a bat signal for this TR because I didn't know it had started. But I'm here now and the start of your trip looks like a blast. I'm glad you had an uneventful, yet long, travel day. Too funny that divine intervention canceled your party plans.

How fun that you got to stay with one of your friends. She is very stunning. The kids look like they are having a blast.

Yayayayayay to finally arriving on the cruise you have been counting down for FOREVER!

friend. Yes, it was the longest countdown ever. All that for 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We booked the 11 night Northern European cruise on Disney Cruise Line!

Amanda

Congrats! What ports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Yes, in October 2010. The Halloween cruise. We didn't get talk really on the actual cruise itself, which I really regret, but we chatted lots before and after. Hoping our paths will cross again someday on either DCL or in WDW.

For Jamaica, I'd really like to go to Dunns Falls. I don't think my kids can actually climb them yet, but I'd still like to see them. Part of the DCL excursion goes there and also someplace where you can see dolphins, lizards and birds....that's definitely something they would love to do.
I bet a Halloween cruise is a blast. Do they do pirate night still?

Your Jamaica plans sound fun. How old are your kids? The falls would be neat to see even if you can't get right up next to them. Animals are always a hit too. Do you usually do excursions through Disney or private companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Not this trip to WDW in less than 2 months, but our next one just a little over a year from now, we are adding on a Dream cruise after the WDW portion. For us we figure that we run ourselves somewhat ragged even though we are still relaxed compared to most at WDW. Also we are taking two of our friends with us. We figured it would be better for us all to arrive together, and then they can go home, and the two of us would go on with our journey.

We will need the cruise to recover from the running around that our friends will probably end up making us do!

Also we are on the Halloween Cruise on the Wonder, I suppose we should consider some easy costumes because I can't imagine a sail away day on October 31 without a Halloween dress up party!
Sail away on Halloween? Halloween seems like the time to cruise. I bet Christmas is crazy fun too. And NYE.

Your soon cruise is the one where you stay on the ship, right? The back to back?

What's the one next year? I'm sure you've told me but I'm lousy on the details. Who is going with you guys? I think a big group on a cruise sounds like a blast.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:10 AM   #82
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

I am enjoying your TR so far. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. We have only sailed the Dream and Fantasy on DCL. I am planning on trying both the Wonder and Magic as well, so I am looking forward to all of your pictures.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #83
Pinkocto

Port Canaveral is a straight shot to the coast from Orlando, about an hour and 15 minutes away. For 5 it would be more cost effective to rent a car or do a private shuttle to get there because DCL charges $75 round trip pp.

The pools on the Dream and Fantasy are the failure of the ship. Not big enough for the amount of people, but on the Fantasy there is a huge adult only area on the bows top deck and there is also a water play area in addition to the pools. The common areas aren't any more crowded than the Wonder was. And the restaurants are much bigger.

I hope you can work everything out for your DL trip, sounds like a lot of factors in play.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 04-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #84
franandaj

Quote:
Sail away on Halloween? Halloween seems like the time to cruise. I bet Christmas is crazy fun too. And NYE.

Your soon cruise is the one where you stay on the ship, right? The back to back?

What's the one next year? I'm sure you've told me but I'm lousy on the details. Who is going with you guys? I think a big group on a cruise sounds like a blast.
Girl, not your job to keep up on my trip plans, but you're totally confused! Here's my Disney plans...

1) May 28-June 5, SWW trip to WDW, just me and Fran
2) October 31-Nov 5, 5 Night cruise out of Miami on the Wonder followed by 4 day band conference/concert in Ft. Lauderdale along with 200 of our closest band friends.
3) April 13-20 2015 Stay at VWL with our friends for their 1st trip to WDW, followed by me and Fran on a 4 day Dream cruise to Nassau and CC.
4) May 17-22, 2015 B2B Wonder cruise out of San Diego, 2 night Cruise to Nowhere (CTN), followed by a three night Ensenada cruise.

That's just the Disney part of our travels. We're going to be busy this summer, and now with moving looming on the horizon being gone so much will not be the best idea!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #85
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
I am enjoying your TR so far. Looking forward to reading the rest of it. We have only sailed the Dream and Fantasy on DCL. I am planning on trying both the Wonder and Magic as well, so I am looking forward to all of your pictures.

Thank you and The Dream and Fantasy look gorgeous. I'm really glad we got to sail one of the classics before they're both re-imagined. I bet they'll seem tiny compared to the bigger ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Port Canaveral is a straight shot to the coast from Orlando, about an hour and 15 minutes away. For 5 it would be more cost effective to rent a car or do a private shuttle to get there because DCL charges $75 round trip pp.

The pools on the Dream and Fantasy are the failure of the ship. Not big enough for the amount of people, but on the Fantasy there is a huge adult only area on the bows top deck and there is also a water play area in addition to the pools. The common areas aren't any more crowded than the Wonder was. And the restaurants are much bigger.

I hope you can work everything out for your DL trip, sounds like a lot of factors in play.

I can imagine the pools are a total failure. Our afternoon at the Cove Pool was perfect and uncrowded. I bet the newer ships adult pools are so cool.

Our friends are coming out here Dec 15 on or about. I suppose we could move Disneyland to the week before but I'd rather do the 1-7. I am now thinking about a 2 bedroom. M and I can have the master (of course), our friends and their DD's can have the Studio and my kids can sleep in the common area. Our friends are sleepers so I won't have to worry about my kids being woken up. We haven't vacationed with them in this close of quarters with kids so Thats why 2 Studios would have been perfect but wi 6 nights a full kitchen might be okay. Candlelight is that weekend of the 6-7 and there aren't any one bedroom or studios that weekend. 2 bedrooms are the last to go so I'm needing some major pixiedust. Fortunately we make reservations in just two weeks so if we're out of luck Dec 1-7, the 8-14 would work. I'll clean before our guests come and if by chance they arrive early, they can let themselves in. That might be nice for them too to have a chance to settle after the 3 day road trip out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Girl, not your job to keep up on my trip plans, but you're totally confused! Here's my Disney plans...

1) May 28-June 5, SWW trip to WDW, just me and Fran
2) October 31-Nov 5, 5 Night cruise out of Miami on the Wonder followed by 4 day band conference/concert in Ft. Lauderdale along with 200 of our closest band friends.
3) April 13-20 2015 Stay at VWL with our friends for their 1st trip to WDW, followed by me and Fran on a 4 day Dream cruise to Nassau and CC.
4) May 17-22, 2015 B2B Wonder cruise out of San Diego, 2 night Cruise to Nowhere (CTN), followed by a three night Ensenada cruise.

That's just the Disney part of our travels. We're going to be busy this summer, and now with moving looming on the horizon being gone so much will not be the best idea!

We need Cynthia to keep a spreadsheets of all of our plans. I plan so last minute, comparatively, that I'd love to overlap when possible.

You've still got the west road trip too, right?

And don't forget a day with ME! Haha!

Have you been to Nassau?

The 5 night out of Miami.

I am loving your back to back! That would be one I'd like to do. Damn school. And location wise it would work. I really really really wish Disney would reinstate the Mexico cruise out of CA.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #86
franandaj

Quote:
We need Cynthia to keep a spreadsheets of all of our plans. I plan so last minute, comparatively, that I'd love to overlap when possible.

You've still got the west road trip too, right?
I'm actually writing the first post of the TR now! Researching and writing at the same time. I found a Triple D restaurant in Flagstaff and they have Navaho Tacos. Fran will be so THERE! We're now staying at Harrah's the first night. Seafood Buffet!

Quote:
And don't forget a day with ME! Haha!
Are you really going to come to Cedar City? I haven't got that far in the TR as to when we plan to arrive. It's more a an "overnight" sort of stop on the way home. We decided to stay at Sam's Town instead of the Gold Strike. It's more fun to be IN Vegas than drive right past it!

Quote:
Have you been to Nassau?

Quote:
The 5 night out of Miami.
That's the one I'm sort of least excited about, but only because there aren't a ton of nice DISers on the cruise, in fact they started a FB group before I started the Meet thread on the DIS, they already had the FE set up and everything.

Quote:
I am loving your back to back! That would be one I'd like to do. Damn school. And location wise it would work. I really really really wish Disney would reinstate the Mexico cruise out of CA.

I know I'm super stoked about this one. We have an awesome group for the three night cruise, really active on the DIS. A whole bunch of us are doing the B2B thing. Most of the folks I'm talking to are LA locals. Who knows we might even all meet before the way everyone is getting all chummy!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #87
Pinkocto

This is part of the adult only area at the bow of the ship. The water isn't deep but you can sit in it.

Adult pool area

As you can see quite closed off to the sun

Cool water area called the Aqua Lab

Main pools from different angles

Shaded area for the littlest ones

Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #88
Pinkocto

I'm quite confused and of course you don't have to explain if you don't want to. Are the friends going to first meet you in CA and then go to Utah? or are these different people? And where does the three day road trip start from?

Fingers crossed you can get the room you want

Old 04-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #89
rentayenta

Two sets of friends Pam. Sorry for the confusion. Our friends from PA are coming west for a visit mid December. Our Utah friends are joining us in Disneyland.

I'll be back to reply to the rest. LOVE the pics!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #90
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Stop torturing us and work on your TR! You did such a good first post, keep it rolling!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: