Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #691
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'll be back to reply to all but no Alison, straight couple. AC female and ACSO male.

World Cup! ⚽️⚽️⚽️

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-13-2014 at 07:14 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #692
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - so I'm a little confused but let's see if I've got this straight.....

the table mates were drunk, but everyone showed up in Pam's update. The young adults almost missed the boat, but didn't. Phew

......then the next night the young adults missed the boat completely. Are You Kidding Me??????? That whole family sounds like a train wreck, but excellent fodder for a trip report. My goodness.

So the food looks yummy, but I'm so distracted by the drunk table mates that I forget what else I was going to say.

Oh yeah - rain forrest room looks amazing. I'm glad you got to enjoy it Pam.

CM's really can get 3 drinks for $10? I'm so jealous!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #693
rentayenta

I am so sorry its taken me so lung to reply. Crazy weekend. I'll post some real life pics of real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I left you guys off with me putting some laundry in. I then went up to the Rainforest Room. Jenny had bought a day pass before boarding the ship and realized that she really wouldn't have any time to use it since at the time Josh hadn't made many friends. She very kindly let me use it and I completely forgot to give her some money. I still owe you!

Locker room pics

No pictures of the Rainforest Room, I left the camera behind. But I had the place to myself, it was awesome. I tried all the saunas and all the showers. It was glorious. I think I was in there for about an hour and then headed down to grab my laundry. I asked the CM for the time and was shocked when she told me. Found out shortly after that she hadn't turned her watch back...

My steward was in the hallway and opened the stateroom door for me. Shortly after I hear a knock at the door. It was my steward giving me more H2O goodies! Too cool.

I watched Wreck-It Ralph in the room and caught up in my journal until 3:25, then headed up to lounge in the sun.

Stopped for a slice of pizza and then went to the Quiet Cove area. Fresh out of the oven pizza, SO GOOD!

Sorry half naked man, I didn't notice you there

It was super hot out so I swam for a bit. The water was a perfect temperature and the pool was DEEP! I couldn't touch the bottom, I loved it. After some time I started getting thirsty so went for a drink. Who was coming towards me but the fabulous Jenny! After getting my drink I would meet her back at the QC.

And who did I see on the way but my favorite character!!! I get so excited.

Back to the QC and Jenny told me about their day. Josh was off with friends he had made which was awesome. She told me about the soccer ball fiasco. And then we parted ways intending to meet up to see the Golden Mickeys later at 6:00.

I swam a little more and then had the brilliant idea to go back in the Rainforest Room.

I sat in my favorite sauna and just enjoyed the peacefulness.

I was only in there for 10 minutes but it was perfection.

Then to the room to get cleaned up and ready.

I got distracted by the ice cream

Looks like I forgot a picture of the actual treat...

After getting cleaned up I headed up to meet Jenny. I heard an overhead page that the first five people, maybe it was ten, that got to the DVC podium with a cap or lanyard would win one of the pop up tents. I didn't race, I had won one at the meeting. I did stop by and get my evenings present

And took some pictures while waiting for Jenny. Another overhead page shortly after saying that such and such family and such and such family needed to report to guest services immediately. The page was repeated maybe 10 minutes later.

Love the detail on this

And who did I see over at the DVC podium getting a pop up tent? Jenny of course! Apparently Josh had locked her out of the room so she didn't have a lanyard but they gave her one anyway. Too cool.

Then off to our show

I really liked seeing it again and I hope Jenny didn't think it was a waste of time. One thing to note is that they have a video of Disney's CEO Bob Iger talking to the main character in the show. I thought Bob wasn't doing that job anymore...

After the show we still had an hour before dinner so did some wandering. I think at some point we took Jenny's tent to her room, or she ran up there, I didn't write that down. We wandered through Studio Sea where a super nice CM told us to come back later for a game show because even the losers get a cool pin. Hmmm, I wanted a free pin....

I knew we did the Golden Mickey's. Bob Iger. Poor Bob Iger.

Yes, my tent. I knew I forgot a lot. They still have the tent set up in the loft upstairs.

I am so glad you got to use that Rainforest Pass and I swear of you try to give me $16 I will be insulted. It was a regift. Hahaha! A gift for me, from me, and then gifted to you.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #694
rentayenta

Pam, love the pic of you and Donald. Adorable!

Quote:
We went up and got a surprisingly delicious drink by the pool and then the lure of the free pin led us here

People, it was painful. We almost left so many times. Easy, stupidly easy, questions were stumping people on stage. And then the CM would do a dramatic pause and ask them if they were sure of their answer, and sometimes lead them to the correct one. Oh but the lure of an exclusive free pin. Turns out only the people onstage who happened to lose would get the pin. A waste of our lives.

It was the worst show ever! So painful. We didn't ;eft because we wanted the pins we never got. Lesson learned. Next time, we'll buy the pins and save an hour. LOL!

Quote:
Then off to dinner where it seemed for a bit that we'd be dining alone.

The rest of our tablemates showed up, and they were hammered. Well, the two young adults anyway. Mom was pissed off and the two younger ones seemed to be oblivious to it. Sadly it was that they were used to it. You know it already but the two were who the CMs were paging about. I think we were supposed to leave port at 5:45 and they got to the ship at 5:58. Mom had gone down to guest services saying the ship couldn't leave them, yada yada yada. In the nasty way people who are used to getting what they want say. If you get my drift. Amazingly Disney didn't leave them, I think any other cruise line would have.

They were at Senoir Frogs, drinking to their hearts content. Had to be driven up the pier by one of the guys on the bikes. I think they had rented a scooter and had some trouble returning it or took it to the wrong place, who knows. Bottom line they almost missed the ship and were totally drunk at dinner. That didn't affect me at all though, bring on the grub!

Hammered. Like so wasted slurring hammered not funny drunk but scene wasted. Didn't affect me either. I am glad Joshua was gone though as he would have been seated by ACSO.

That's right, parent or Mom went to guest services to plead their case. bet she wishes they would have left them after the course of the next two days until disembarkation.

Quote:
J and I shared this, some kind of pumpkin stack. No bueno.

It was odd yeah.

Quote:
This was like a Caesar salad, very tasty

I then had the grouper and it was dry. I didn't make the mistake of not telling Ozzy again. He brought me a very delicious replacement piece and a fabulous baked potato.

New fish sans lecture.

Quote:
Like Jenny said, at some point adult kids left, and then later young kids left to find Josh. We were left with mom who shared the whole story with us. She was also quite mad that they said she was drunk the night before and missed dinner because of it. Had only had one drink, never drinks, ect. ect.

On to dessert, I don't like complainers.

You don't like complainers. Her whole story was totally weird. She drinks, she doesn't drink, this is her first serious relationship......

Quote:
Fabulous pineapple cake

It really was so delicious, moist, perfect!

Quote:
And then I was brought a birthday celebration cake. So nice of them.

Dinner was quite delicious overall. The evenings weirdness however, was just getting started.
That birthday cake was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbride713 View Post
It's 14 nights, sailing out of Miami and ending in San Diego. Can't. Wait.

Thanks for the info on Cozumel, I will definitely look into Nachi

That sounds amazing. How many sea days is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh sounds interesting re evenings weirdness just getting starting!

How nice to run into that happy Duck cute photo. Yum to the ice cream.

The spa looks lovely. I bet that was an oasis to behold. Your meal looks good too. I found the bakes potatoes my goto food cooked to perfection on the cruise. They just ordered me one every night in the end. Like Jenny with her soda don't you just love they do that!

Sounds like kids sadly take after Mom at your table. Not actually wonderful at taking responsibility...

The adult children were far from adults. I am not judging the partying at all but almost missing the ship. Ridiculous.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #695
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Goodness, it definitely sounds like it was a blessing that your memories of this evening are not crystal clear. What a going on! I can't believe that they nearly missed the ship. I am actually surprised that Captain Fabian waited for them. He is not usually know to wait around after all aboard time.

Well done on winning the DVC tent. We won one in December, but had to turn it down as it would not have fit in the suitcase.

I hope you enjoyed The Golden Mickeys. It is now so long ago that I watched this that Roy Disney was still featured in this.

Corinna

I am not a huge stage show person and found the show just so-so. Commentary with Pam was a blast though. I think I'd be fine skipping all the shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Pam, it sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing day.

So I can understand this all better and have a more clear picture, AC and ACSO are a lesbian couple? Not that it matters, but I can see it a lot more understanding that. I can't believe that the ship waited, we always make sure that we are back well in advance of All Aboard.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your evening despite the drama. Sounds like it progresses.

It gets so much worse. But funny enough it didn't impact us at all. Other than the tweens knocking on our door at 1 am looking for Joshua. They got an earful from me about that.

So like I said, they were a straight couple. AC is a chick and ACSO is a dude. Parent is a mom. I was vague as not to identify them.

I am surprised the ship waited too. I can only imagine the whopper the mom told to get them to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The evening weirdness is only beginning???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK - so I'm a little confused but let's see if I've got this straight.....

the table mates were drunk, but everyone showed up in Pam's update. The young adults almost missed the boat, but didn't. Phew

......then the next night the young adults missed the boat completely. Are You Kidding Me??????? That whole family sounds like a train wreck, but excellent fodder for a trip report. My goodness.

So the food looks yummy, but I'm so distracted by the drunk table mates that I forget what else I was going to say.

Oh yeah - rain forrest room looks amazing. I'm glad you got to enjoy it Pam.

CM's really can get 3 drinks for $10? I'm so jealous!

Sorry to be confusing. They never missed the boat completely. They almost missed it tonight. The next night is even worse.

Yes, tablemates hammered but all show up.

It does make good trip fodder.

And right on 3 drinks for $10! They deserve for how hard they work that's for sure.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #696
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot the letters. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But we couldn't have bought the pin, it was exclusive to that game show

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #697
rentayenta

Quote:
Oops, I'm sorry, I forgot the letters. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

But we couldn't have bought the pin, it was exclusive to that game show

Its actually easier now posting AC and her boyfriend.

Dang! Unless I can guarantee we get chosen, I'm not sure I could suffer through that again.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #698
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Its actually easier now posting AC and her boyfriend.

Dang! Unless I can guarantee we get chosen, I'm not sure I could suffer through that again.
I can't do it again, I just can't.

Well, maybe one more time and if I don't win I won't try again

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #699
rentayenta

Quote:
I can't do it again, I just can't.

Well, maybe one more time and if I don't win I won't try again

Maybe if we get there earlier and have kids with us......

Old 06-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #700
rentayenta

I am really liking everyone's real time/real life updates so I thought I'd share too.

We took the boat out Friday to our favorite Utah body of water. It was a beautiful 80* at Pineview. I'll apologize for posting multiple times. I'm posting from my phone and editing to add photos is not user friendly.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #701
rentayenta

That first one is of the waterfall up Ogden Canyon- about 20 minutes from my house.

Old 06-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #702
rentayenta

Me and M:

Old 06-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #703
rentayenta

Me and Gab on the raft:

Old 06-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #704
rentayenta

And finally the three amigas!

Old 06-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #705
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Your boat looks like a BLAST!! So much fun! And really beautiful-

I can't get over your tablemates! OMGEEEEEE!!! What a train wreck! UGH- count me in with everyone else- can't wait to hear what they do next. How old were they did you say? In their 20's?

REALLY happy Josh made some friends- you are a momma who knows her son- that is how you said it would be all along-

Happy Fathers Day to your officer and gentleman- lol-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: