Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #661
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Bummer about your bad experience where was that? Cozumel? What did they do in Las Ramblas? Josh just might be the nicest, funniest, most confident kid I've ever met. He's awesome
it was tijuana mexico Pam. Omg folks falling out of bars onto the streets in fights like a movie! We scuttled quickly back to the safe harbour of USA! There were men with guns and we heard shots! We were there for like 20 minutes and we were done!

In Las Ramblas horrid I cried. Animals, birds in cages for sale live. A ghastly sight we were shocked.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #662
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Paula, I'm not surprised that happened in TJ. I wouldn't be surprised if they were Americans! That's where all the underage kids from San Diego go to drink and behave badly. A lot of my perception of Mexico comes from TJ and I need to remember that most places are nicer than that.

Jenny, we've never been to Cabo. Fran wasn't up for tendering when we went so we stayed on the ship.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #663
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Every time I think I will have more time on the Dis it never seems to happen. All caught up I should have taken notes so I could comment just wanted you to know I haven't deserted you. I am reading in spurts.
No worries, glad you're still with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
it was tijuana mexico Pam. Omg folks falling out of bars onto the streets in fights like a movie! We scuttled quickly back to the safe harbour of USA! There were men with guns and we heard shots! We were there for like 20 minutes and we were done!

In Las Ramblas horrid I cried. Animals, birds in cages for sale live. A ghastly sight we were shocked.

Tijuana is a pit really. The places we visit in Mexico are nothing like TJ. Las Ramblas sounds just terrible. I don't do well watching animals mistreated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Paula, I'm not surprised that happened in TJ. I wouldn't be surprised if they were Americans! That's where all the underage kids from San Diego go to drink and behave badly. A lot of my perception of Mexico comes from TJ and I need to remember that most places are nicer than that.

Jenny, we've never been to Cabo. Fran wasn't up for tendering when we went so we stayed on the ship.

Use to be those unruly college kids who'd go to TJ to party.

Oh ok.....I swear you did the Salsa y Salsa tour there. I can't keep my vacation details straight so I'm not surprised I can't keep up with yours either. Here's hoping to happy tendering on all further cruises.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #664
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I did tell Joshua and then backtracked and said if. That's why I said he knows but doesn't know, know ya know? Lol!

how is soccer camp?

Quote:
That dog was hilarious!

The one of me on the ground making snow angels is with the manager of the restaurant. Love Cabo!

I'm not into the winery either. But I'm always into local fare.
I read the captions and had to read the snow angel one again I love how outgoing you are. I'm just a bit too shy for doing snow angels with strangers

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #665
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

no, Cozumel is nothing like that. It's really very lovely. They rely on tourism for their livelihood so they're pretty nice.

Were the animals in cages to eat? Terrible business whatever the circumstances.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #666
rentayenta

Quote:
how is soccer camp?

I read the captions and had to read the snow angel one again I love how outgoing you are. I'm just a bit too shy for doing snow angels with strangers

He's loving it and I haven't received much more than a dark selfie photo and a few texts. We did watch the World Cup friendly game (USA v Nigeria) sort of together- lol! He'd text us when the USA would score. My boy is growing up.

You call it outgoing, I call it buzzed, it's just semantics. But you're right, I'm far from shy.

Cabo is wonderful. I've been going through pics today. You're going to love it. The port area has some very expensive shopping and a few streets away, the real city awaits. In San Jose Del Cabo they have the most wonderful market area. It's full of local food and art and culture, trinkets and people. So much to do, so little time.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #667
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
no, Cozumel is nothing like that. It's really very lovely. They rely on tourism for their livelihood so they're pretty nice. Were the animals in cages to eat? Terrible business whatever the circumstances.
the animals were exotic pets I think like beautiful parrots and illegal snakes. But the rest of Barcelona is gorgeous one of our favourite European cities so don't be put off just avoid Las Ramblas! I would not be put off Mexico from TJ. Every Country has it's hub of bad. Your photos look lovely I am so enjoying this :-) as I can't do tenders like Alison and Fran I can live the experience through you guys!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #668
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Cabo is wonderful. I've been going through pics today. You're going to love it. The port area has some very expensive shopping and a few streets away, the real city awaits. In San Jose Del Cabo they have the most wonderful market area. It's full of local food and art and culture, trinkets and people. So much to do, so little time.
We will need to get some tips from you before the cruise next October. We were in Cabo for two days on our Mexican Riviera cruise and my son wasn't feeling well so we didn't really leave the port area. We did hire a water taxi to take us around Los Arcos, which was a lot of fun. But I'd like to hit up a better part of town!

March 4-11, 2012, Mexican Riviera on the Wonder
Trip Report

GooniesAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #669
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
We will need to get some tips from you before the cruise next October. We were in Cabo for two days on our Mexican Riviera cruise and my son wasn't feeling well so we didn't really leave the port area. We did hire a water taxi to take us around Los Arcos, which was a lot of fun. But I'd like to hit up a better part of town!

For sure though it'll be 5 years since we'll have been to Cabo by then. I find Trip Advisor a huge help when planning outside of Disney. The folks are super helpful and friendly. I share whatever nuggets of info I find.

I am sorry your son wasn't feeling great but glad you got to take the water taxi.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #670
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Jenny it looks like you & josh had a great time in Mexico, the food looks good & the beach looks nice!

Pam you have me wanting carmels at 8 in the morning!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #671
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Jenny it looks like you & josh had a great time in Mexico, the food looks good & the beach looks nice! Pam you have me wanting carmels at 8 in the morning!

It was a fantastic day at Nachi! The food was authentic which we love. The water was really nice and refreshing. The air wasn't too humid either. Although it seemed a little expensive it was well worth it. For those going to Nachi, go hungry!

Update coming......

Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #672
disbride713
Loves Disney

Loving the two-for-one trip report and all the photos still! Wish you were on the Panama cruise next May, it would be a blast to meet you and Pam!

So what do you recommend to do in Cozumel? I love to snorkel, hang at the beach and do a little shopping for local treasures - is there enough time to fit all that in?

disbride713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:50 PM   #673
rentayenta

Back to room with drinks and snacks in hand we decided to change and head out. No rest for the weary……Joshua wanted to hang out with his buddies. He had made good friends with Jennifer’s kids, the tweens at our table, and a few other kids. He opted out of dinner with us tonight and chose more pizza and running around the ship. Don’t worry he had his wave phone and was instructed to check in. I was very happy he decided to spread his wings a little.

Now I’ll be honest friends, the details of the night are not crystal clear. Me, Jennifer, her hubby, and few others from our meet group had a few cocktails tonight. Okay, maybe more than a few. It was a total blast! But back to dinner before I get into all that.

Over the PA, the Captain was calling for two passengers that had not returned from Cozumel. Any bets on who the missing two were? Pam will be more clear with the details but we knew who they were before we knew who they were.

Dinner was in Parrot Cay again. Seems like we’ve eaten there like 10 times already. Like I said Joshua opted out to chill with his friends. Who needs a sit down dinner when you’ve got pizza and self serve ice cream?

Pam and I met on deck and got two Mai Tai’s. Kirsh, the cute server from the first day, was making the drinks and made a very good Mai Tai.

After our drinks we ended up in Studio Sea for some sort of game show. It was fun, we were tipsy, and we didn’t win.

Earlier that evening we chatted with a CM who told us to come to the show so we did. He was from England. Very darling kid.

We arrived to dinner and I immediately told Ozzy that Joshua wouldn’t be joining us but did give him the bracelet that he had made. Ozzy seemed touched by the thoughtful gesture. Arjay also seemed to miss Joshua.

Funny we had late tablemates.

We ordered drinks. I got another rum flavored cocktail and Pam got a diet Coke:

Look ma, just us!

Note my Coke next to it. I ordered a Coke the first day so every meal thereafter came with a Coke. Our servers were on it!

At some point our table mates showed up……Adult Child and Adult Child SO nearly missed the ship. They were the late ones being called on the PA. AC was hammered when she arrived to the table, slurring, and telling some lame story about getting lost on their scooter. Parent was visibly upset and beginning to unravel; not in a loud way but in more of a sad way. ACSO was a drunk mess but swore she doesn't drink and it must have been the Dramamine. Tween and friend of tween just sort of rolled their eyes. They wondered where Joshua was and were eager to find him after dinner……I am going to let Pam fill in the details of the garbage story ACSO and AC tried to feed us…….

I wasn’t all that hungry due to the pizza, booze, and Mexican food so Pam and I shared an app:

It was an Ahi tuna tower and not very good, sort of bland.

Next the main course…lamb chops. Delicious! Rare. Perfect!

And finally a nice cup of heaven. A decaf cappuccino with a little Baileys of course…

We also shared a slice of some coconut cakey goodness:

I know we broke like every cardinal rule by sharing but the waste was overwhelming to me.

Our head server Paulo was very chatty tonight as was Ozzy. Or maybe it was me. LOL! I ended up tipping Ozzy a little extra tonight so he could go grab a few drinks after his shift. Did you know the CM bar serves super cheap drinks? $10 will buy 3 nice cocktails.

Sad Ozzy, missing Joshua:

I am going to stop here so Pam can chime in. Hope I didn’t butcher the details too much friend. Haha!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #674
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbride713 View Post
Loving the two-for-one trip report and all the photos still! Wish you were on the Panama cruise next May, it would be a blast to meet you and Pam!

So what do you recommend to do in Cozumel? I love to snorkel, hang at the beach and do a little shopping for local treasures - is there enough time to fit all that in?

Wouldn't that have been a blast?! How long is that cruise?

In Cozumel I have only been to Nachi. Loved the beach and food but I'm not sure how the snorkeling was. There is plenty of time to do all you want though. We were off the ship early plus the clock was set back an hour and all aboard wasn't until late.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #675
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Your table 'sharers' are turning out to be an entertaining storyline. Wonder how low it gets?

Seems like you and Pam and Joshua are having a great time. Love the food porn....but I love the big smiles even more.

Glad your server liked his present.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: