Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #646
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Pam, I'm impressed with for braving those streets. I'm one who is a little afraid of "real Mexico". I have no idea what we will do on our Cozumel day this Fall.

When we did the Mexican Riviera cruise we had to set our watches forward an hour one day into the cruise and then switch back our last day at sea. I wasnt sure what that was about, but we were urged to stay on "ship time" when we went on shore. Maybe that was to get everyone up early and maximizing daylight time.
The vendors are harmless, just annoying. I've been to South America several times so I guess I'm comfortable with the atmosphere. It was just so HOT!

The changing of time didn't make any sense. You're probably right, get everyone up early to make the most of things.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #647
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Real Mexico is amazing! Don't be afraid, be smart, like you would traveling anywhere else. What are you wanting to do? Beach? Shop? Tour?

Speaking of Mexico, my cruise cabin prices have gone up $1,300 for my 5C and $1050 for my 7A.
Mine is up $1100, its crazy!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #648
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
Pam, you managed to get a candid of my hubby and I swimming at the adult pool! I love it. ; )
I had to go back and look, too funny! I didn't see you guys

Quote:
We loved spending the day with you and Josh! Pam, if you had come along it would have been perfect! We saw two elderly couples approach the host and ask if they could pay their way in while we were eating lunch. They were welcomed in, so add four more to your count Jenny. Lol. I am certain that we could have gotten Pam in. Even with the extra people it never seemed crowded at all.
Bummer no way to know though. Jenny had said I should try but I was scared I'd be turned away.

Quote:
Also, I wanted to add that the website promises free wifi which was a big deal for us since we had never left our babies for so long. It turned out that the free internet was actually in a little room on an old desktop. We paid a $5 fee (for one device) and the woman took DH's iPhone and typed in the wifi code. They wouldn't allow us to know what it was. It was no big deal and the connection was really clear. We were able to FaceTime the kids with no problem. But it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

What a bizarre thing! Wifi stands for wireless doesn't it? How can an old computer inside be considered Wifi?

Glad you were able to get things working and chat with the kids

Old 06-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #649
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Yep, my 5B is now up $1080 (factoring in the 10% OBB disocount).
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #650
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Pam, I love your photos. After having been to Nassau street vendors anywhere else have not bothered me. I would never have expected that you could find candy in that store. It looks just like a normal souvenir store. On all of our visits, I have never seen another cruise ship docked at Punta Langosta. Even if we had 4 or 5 ships in port, the others were at International Pier and Punta Maya. We sailed on the sister ship of the one keeping the Wonder company in 2009.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #651
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Pam, I love your photos. After having been to Nassau street vendors anywhere else have not bothered me. I would never have expected that you could find candy in that store. It looks just like a normal souvenir store. On all of our visits, I have never seen another cruise ship docked at Punta Langosta. Even if we had 4 or 5 ships in port, the others were at International Pier and Punta Maya. We sailed on the sister ship of the one keeping the Wonder company in 2009.

Corinna
Well, in May we were at Cozumel again and mom wanted those candies for a friend of hers. The first shop we stopped at had single candies. Mom wanted the nice gift box I had found on this trip at Los Cincos Soles. Four shops later she decided to get the individual candies. We should have just gone to Los Cincos Soles from the beginning as I suggested but the friend we were with thought he knew better...

Old 06-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #652
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Pam, you managed to get a candid of my hubby and I swimming at the adult pool! I love it. ; )
I see you guys. Nice find. You guys got to spend a lot of time in the adult area. I'm hoping to on the next cruise.

Quote:
We loved spending the day with you and Josh! Pam, if you had come along it would have been perfect! We saw two elderly couples approach the host and ask if they could pay their way in while we were eating lunch. They were welcomed in, so add four more to your count Jenny. Lol. I am certain that we could have gotten Pam in. Even with the extra people it never seemed crowded at all.
4 more? It's Mexico. I agree, it didn't seem crowded at all. There were plenty of chairs and palapas. The ladies that bought there way in we're sailing on Carnival and had to be back to their ship by 4:00. They told me another ship was leaving at 2:00.

Quote:
Also, I wanted to add that the website promises free wifi which was a big deal for us since we had never left our babies for so long. It turned out that the free internet was actually in a little room on an old desktop. We paid a $5 fee (for one device) and the woman took DH's iPhone and typed in the wifi code. They wouldn't allow us to know what it was. It was no big deal and the connection was really clear. We were able to FaceTime the kids with no problem. But it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

I forgot about the wifi. Like you were gong to share the code or something. Silly. I'm glad you got to chat with the girls and check on your nephew.

Quote:
That shopping center annoyed me so much. There are a bunch of chain stores on the strip but plenty of authentic places as well.

I had a feeling you did! I can't handle it, just give me a price!

I've got some real abalone face cream from Zihua. I think it's Jergen's.

Quote:
You're letting out the surprise! they asked overhead for such and such and such and such families to please report to guest services. We had no idea who it was at the time. I think it was 15 minutes past the time we were supposed to have been back.

I won't say another word.

Quote:
We'll have to get off the ship early early. Will it be hot enough to go swimming at 9:00? Potentially there's 7 hours to enjoy but its super early.

It should be plenty warm to swim in October. I like the 7 hours. It'll be your one early day.

Quote:
I will somehow get you some to try. They have nuts so I don't care for them but the family is enamored with them

I love nuts in candy!

Quote:

Thats insane. I wonder if it'll sell out?

Quote:
I had to go back and look, too funny! I didn't see you guys

Bummer no way to know though. Jenny had said I should try but I was scared I'd be turned away.

What a bizarre thing! Wifi stands for wireless doesn't it? How can an old computer inside be considered Wifi?

Glad you were able to get things working and chat with the kids

It would have been terrible to have been turned away but I'm guessing an extra $10 would have got you in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

Holy moly! We got in at the right time ladies.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:52 AM   #653
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

It sure is nice to see a good experience like that in Mexico! Jo and I were not so lucky! Street vendors are nothing after the horror of Barcelona! Oh my in la Ramblas! After that everything is ok lol.

I have heard that real Mexico is lovely so it didn't make us think ill of the whole country! Every city and country has dark spots London does!

Your photos are lovely Pam and Jenny and your son Josh seems so lovely Jenny a real credit to you and your family :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #654
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I always think that if they keep raising the prices like this they wont be able to sell the rest of the cabins... I'm always wrong.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #655
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
It sure is nice to see a good experience like that in Mexico! Jo and I were not so lucky! Street vendors are nothing after the horror of Barcelona! Oh my in la Ramblas! After that everything is ok lol.

I have heard that real Mexico is lovely so it didn't make us think ill of the whole country! Every city and country has dark spots London does!

Your photos are lovely Pam and Jenny and your son Josh seems so lovely Jenny a real credit to you and your family :-)
Bummer about your bad experience where was that? Cozumel?

What did they do in Las Ramblas?

Josh just might be the nicest, funniest, most confident kid I've ever met. He's awesome

Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #656
Pinkocto

Real abalone cream indeed!

Do we not need to get off the ship ASAP for Ensenada?

Old 06-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #657
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post

Corinna
Our day in Cozumel, there were 8 ships in port. They probably had no choice. The other port was packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post

I agree, every city has its blemishes. I find if you just get past the major tourist area, piers and the like, the people are lovely and the food is amazing.

Thank you for the kind words. Joshua is a really solid kid; kind to others, thoughtful, and caring.

Quote:
I always think that if they keep raising the prices like this they wont be able to sell the rest of the cabins... I'm always wrong.

I know, right?! I bet it'll sell out. Wonder if that'll make them increase opening day prices on 2016's Mexico cruises. I hope they do a 7 day.

Quote:
Bummer about your bad experience where was that? Cozumel?

What did they do in Las Ramblas?

Josh just might be the nicest, funniest, most confident kid I've ever met. He's awesome

Thanks Pam. He just adores you too. He's going to be elated when he knows knows you'll be with us.

Quote:
Real abalone cream indeed!

Do we not need to get off the ship ASAP for Ensenada?

I am such an idiot. Its like the greasiest generic lotion ever. That's what mid afternoon post Pina coladas gets me.

I don't think Ensenada is a full day adventure really and I imagine lots of people will stay on the ship. There is a winery tour thats suppose to be neat but honestly, I'm not a really big tour person. The kids can't go either. I have looked into Ensenada and there just isn't all that much to do but its a lovely little town. Now I haven't been in over 20 years but from what I can tell and on Trip Advisor much hasn't changed. I'd love to find a beach but if not lunch and shopping will be nice. Cabo is a full day though. Can't wait to share with you one of our favorite places. I wish we had a little longer but 7 hours will just have to do. I think Cabo tenders too so that'll cut into our time. Michael and I did this America's Cup race once and it was a total blast! We were spending the week there. We had met some really cool people at a bar the day before who were working on the America's Cup boat. We met them the next day and they gave us a screaming deal to participate. It was a total blast. I'll link the Cabo album here from FB. This is from 2010. So. Much. Fun!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d4f492c447

Alison, what do you ladies do in Cabo? We're thinking Lovers Beach and then some swim time. The more the merrier.

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-07-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #658
Pinkocto

Look at you cute lovebirds! Thanks for the link

That dog with the hat has a perfect snarl going on!

So Ensenada does not need a super early departure? I tried to find some things but there's not much except lots of restaurants. Im up for anything. Well, I don't like wine so maybe not anything

I thought you told Josh?

Old 06-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #659
rentayenta

Quote:
Look at you cute lovebirds! Thanks for the link That dog with the hat has a perfect snarl going on! So Ensenada does not need a super early departure? I tried to find some things but there's not much except lots of restaurants. Im up for anything. Well, I don't like wine so maybe not anything I thought you told Josh?

I did tell Joshua and then backtracked and said if. That's why I said he knows but doesn't know, know ya know? Lol!

That dog was hilarious!

The one of me on the ground making snow angels is with the manager of the restaurant. Love Cabo!

I'm not into the winery either. But I'm always into local fare.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #660
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Every time I think I will have more time on the Dis it never seems to happen. All caught up I should have taken notes so I could comment just wanted you to know I haven't deserted you. I am reading in spurts.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: