Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #631
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Better late than never! I'm in! Interested in this TR. I am hopefully a good friend of Pam's who speaks very highly of you Jenny! May I join you?
My friend! Sorry for the late invite. I really thought I'd be sharing all these photos with you over the weekend and didn't want to duplicate anything. Glad you're here

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #632
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Your day looks great too, Pam.

Pity about all the pesky vendors and being 'made' to walk through shops. Those candies must really be good.
I can't stand the pesky vendors, I'm much more inclined to buy something if not heckled...

The family drools over those candies, had to get them.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #633
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Wow, Pam! You did so much in such a short amount of time! When our family of 4 went June 2013, I remember from landing in orlando & throughout the cruise it was soooo hot and humid!!! We are from Southern California, so we aren't used to it!

When we got to Cozumel, I was really looking forward to some shopping. We took the same route as you. My kids were 2 & 6 & they were so miserably hot. Luckily, I was able to get some jewelry for myself and my father. My DH got a couple bottles of some good tequila. We also got a couple shirts for the kids & cool hair clips for DD at Del Sol. My DD was also able to get a couple really cool uniques dolls.

If we ever return, we would do the same. I know what you mean about the vendors. There were quite a few times I would just smile & say no thank you.
It was HOT! Maryland has humidity quite similar to FL but Cozumel was hot. And I was walking as fast as my legs would take me. I wanted back on my beloved ship ASAP!

Old 06-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #634
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I bought vanilla in that shop! Looks like a nice chill day.

Jill in CO
I love that shop, lots of great things in one place.

Lots more fun to come this day

Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #635
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
My friend! Sorry for the late invite. I really thought I'd be sharing all these photos with you over the weekend and didn't want to duplicate anything. Glad you're here
thank you! I am interested to read all in detail anyway! Loved spending our time together :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #636
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Loved to see the photos of the pirate party! I have never made that always been too tired so really great for me to share that with you :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #637
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I love the beach day photos and the shopping trip photos! The pictures from the dock with the two ships is amazing. Really shows how huge those ships are!!

Can I ask a really dumb question? When the ships are docked and tied up, how do they get those huge ropes from the ship to the dock?
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #638
Pinkocto

Quote:
thank you! I am interested to read all in detail anyway! Loved spending our time together :-)
Me too!

Quote:
Loved to see the photos of the pirate party! I have never made that always been too tired so really great for me to share that with you :-)
It is such fun. The music, the dancing, the pirates, I love it!

Old 06-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #639
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
I love the beach day photos and the shopping trip photos! The pictures from the dock with the two ships is amazing. Really shows how huge those ships are!!

Can I ask a really dumb question? When the ships are docked and tied up, how do they get those huge ropes from the ship to the dock?
I've wondered the same thing, I have no idea.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #640
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

So much activity! :group hug:

Pam, your pics are terrific! I wish I would have shopped along that row of shops even with the vendors. I didn't know it was there. I was not impressed with the shops in the port area; it sort of felt like any other American shopping center- the Starbucks threw me off. Guess that's part of the cruise experience. I was hoping for more local flavor, next time I'll follow your shopping lead.

I like the haggle and vendors. I just like practicing my Spanish. They don't really bother me. The servers etc in Zihua spoke Spanish before English to me.

And will you refresh my memory but wasn't there a call over head for people who almost missed the ship? That call was for our table mates but I am trying to remember the exact wording. Star bright/bright star was the next day.

Quote:
It was my fault, I putzed too long. Cabo here we come!!!!

It'll be amazing. I can't believe we have to be back on the ship by 3:45. That doesn't leave a ton of beach time unless they mess with the time but I believe Cabo is the time as California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Your day looks great too, Pam.

Pity about all the pesky vendors and being 'made' to walk through shops. Those candies must really be good.

We didn't see any vendors in the port shops so I am thinking they were just along the line of shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I bought vanilla in that shop! Looks like a nice chill day.

Jill in CO

I must get to this shop!

Quote:
Better late than never! I'm in! Interested in this TR. I am hopefully a good friend of Pam's who speaks very highly of you Jenny! May I join you?

Of course! Glad to have you.

Quote:
I can't stand the pesky vendors, I'm much more inclined to buy something if not heckled...

The family drools over those candies, had to get them.

Now I need those candies. It was very sweet of you to search them out.

Quote:
I really liked it. I don't know that I would do it every cruise but glad we experienced it on our first. Plus the fireworks were so fun and festive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post

and I have no idea. Good question though. I would assume some sort of machinery is involved.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #641
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Pam, I'm impressed with for braving those streets. I'm one who is a little afraid of "real Mexico". I have no idea what we will do on our Cozumel day this Fall.

When we did the Mexican Riviera cruise we had to set our watches forward an hour one day into the cruise and then switch back our last day at sea. I wasnt sure what that was about, but we were urged to stay on "ship time" when we went on shore. Maybe that was to get everyone up early and maximizing daylight time.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #642
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Pam, I'm impressed with for braving those streets. I'm one who is a little afraid of "real Mexico". I have no idea what we will do on our Cozumel day this Fall.

When we did the Mexican Riviera cruise we had to set our watches forward an hour one day into the cruise and then switch back our last day at sea. I wasnt sure what that was about, but we were urged to stay on "ship time" when we went on shore. Maybe that was to get everyone up early and maximizing daylight time.

Real Mexico is amazing! Don't be afraid, be smart, like you would traveling anywhere else. What are you wanting to do? Beach? Shop? Tour?

Speaking of Mexico, my cruise cabin prices have gone up $1,300 for my 5C and $1050 for my 7A.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #643
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It looked like they were doing something with the lifeboats Love that they have water waiting for you Let me in let me in!!!!! Right up to my room to drop off my purchases. You can see the fabulous 2014 magnet Jenny made me that's my awesome steward taking care of my room. I had skipped breakfast so was in need of some sustenance. I headed right up to BBB. I got an awesome salad, wow did that hit the spot! The place was empty, it was great. I went back for some dessert, and sat outside. That square was a coconut macaroon 'surprise'. YUM MEE!!! This man just would not move, I finally gave up and included him I went down to the room, changed into my swim suit and then put a load in the laundry. Who knows how I already had laundry but I did and it was nice to get it done. Up to the pool while the laundry was finishing and then back to the room. I was off the ship for a whopping 90 minutes but it was enough. It was hot and I wasn't getting in the ocean. I was happy to have the ship pretty much empty.

Pam, you managed to get a candid of my hubby and I swimming at the adult pool! I love it. ; )
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #644
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Nachi was the perfect place to relax. I think it really helped too that Beth and Chase were so fun to be with and that Joshua had friends there from the cruise. I will Fockerize you when I meet you. Resistance is futile.

We loved spending the day with you and Josh! Pam, if you had come along it would have been perfect! We saw two elderly couples approach the host and ask if they could pay their way in while we were eating lunch. They were welcomed in, so add four more to your count Jenny. Lol. I am certain that we could have gotten Pam in. Even with the extra people it never seemed crowded at all.

Also, I wanted to add that the website promises free wifi which was a big deal for us since we had never left our babies for so long. It turned out that the free internet was actually in a little room on an old desktop. We paid a $5 fee (for one device) and the woman took DH's iPhone and typed in the wifi code. They wouldn't allow us to know what it was. It was no big deal and the connection was really clear. We were able to FaceTime the kids with no problem. But it would have been nice to know ahead of time.
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #645
Pinkocto

Quote:
So much activity!

Pam, your pics are terrific! I wish I would have shopped along that row of shops even with the vendors. I didn't know it was there. I was not impressed with the shops in the port area; it sort of felt like any other American shopping center- the Starbucks threw me off. Guess that's part of the cruise experience. I was hoping for more local flavor, next time I'll follow your shopping lead.

That shopping center annoyed me so much. There are a bunch of chain stores on the strip but plenty of authentic places as well.

Quote:
I like the haggle and vendors. I just like practicing my Spanish. They don't really bother me. The servers etc in Zihua spoke Spanish before English to me.
I had a feeling you did! I can't handle it, just give me a price!

Quote:
And will you refresh my memory but wasn't there a call over head for people who almost missed the ship? That call was for our table mates but I am trying to remember the exact wording. Star bright/bright star was the next day.
You're letting out the surprise! they asked overhead for such and such and such and such families to please report to guest services. We had no idea who it was at the time. I think it was 15 minutes past the time we were supposed to have been back.

Quote:
It'll be amazing. I can't believe we have to be back on the ship by 3:45. That doesn't leave a ton of beach time unless they mess with the time but I believe Cabo is the time as California.
We'll have to get off the ship early early. Will it be hot enough to go swimming at 9:00? Potentially there's 7 hours to enjoy but its super early.

Quote:
I must get to this shop!
next time

Quote:
Now I need those candies. It was very sweet of you to search them out.
I will somehow get you some to try. They have nuts so I don't care for them but the family is enamored with them

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: