Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #31
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Greetings oh fellow FP+ refugee! So glad you found us here. When is the last time you were at DLR? This was our first trip since 2010. So much had changed!
2011, we stayed at the PVI. This time we have one night offsite, and then move to GCV.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great start! I wish I could've seen our our window to see if I could place a few landmarks.
I am not a coffee drinker either, but I do like some sort of strawberry frappe thing at starbucks. Of course it costs like $5 and is about 5 zillion calories.
When Paige was in the hospital they had a starbucks in the lobby and that was my treat to myself.
So happy you arrived! and got that nap!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #33
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Joining in. Luvin all your plane pics. Can't wait to read the rest of the report. Going to DLR for the first time in November can't wait!

Last edited by petals; 04-17-2014 at 07:44 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #34
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Ok so I got to know...how did you like flying into the John Wayne Airport? We always fly LAX for the non stop flight. How long did it take to get to the resort. Any strengths or opportunities for this airport over LAX?
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #35
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
2011, we stayed at the PVI. This time we have one night offsite, and then move to GCV.
We've done that before, where we stay somewhere less expensive on arrival night then move onsite. You're going to love the GCV. We were at GC on our 2010 trip and I couldn't believe how awesome it was to ride Grizzly River Run then be back in the room 5 minutes later to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great start! I wish I could've seen our our window to see if I could place a few landmarks.
I am not a coffee drinker either, but I do like some sort of strawberry frappe thing at starbucks. Of course it costs like $5 and is about 5 zillion calories.
When Paige was in the hospital they had a starbucks in the lobby and that was my treat to myself.
So happy you arrived! and got that nap!!!
Katie can handle the calories. I prefer to "spend" my frivolous calories on other things. Of course, if I had been a captive audience at a hospital, I probably would have caved.

I was so happy to get a nap that afternoon. I was dragging in a huge way and really wanted to enjoy our dinner at Goofy's Kitchen that night. I still can't believe you got through your first day with no sleep. I bow to your greatness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Joining in. Luvin all your plane pics. Can't wait to read the erst of the report. Going to DLR for the first time in November can't wait!

So glad you found us! You're in for such a treat in November. Which part of November will you be there? We're still back and forth on Novermber vs. December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Ok so I got to know...how did you like flying into the John Wayne Airport? We always fly LAX for the non stop flight. How long did it take to get to the resort. Any strengths or opportunities for this airport over LAX?
I was back and forth so many times on this. I really wanted a non-stop flight but liked the idea of flying into SNA so we wouldn't get caught in traffic to or from the airport. So I went for the non-stop. But I kept second guessing myself. Initially the non-stops into LAX were more expensive, so I went with SNA. Eventually the prices came down, but I never got around to rebooking.

Really, I was fine with the indirect flight. I really did enjoy landing at Las Vegas and seeing Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam. I'm just weird about that sort of thing. I love seeing big rocks and scenery. So much that I'd probably consider it again next time.

I think the drive from the airport was around 20 minutes. And I loved that we could get a flat rate voucher to taxi back to the airport on departure day for $35. It really made departure day pretty hassle free.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #36
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I will follow along as it has now been too long since my December trip and I don't have another planned!

My kids also loved the beach-ball pillows in the PPH. I thought it was a fun hotel in a great location. The cool pools at the other two onsite hotels lose some luster when it's super-cold outside like it was that week!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #37
TruLovesKiss
Mouseketeer

Joining in since I really enjoyed reading your last TR! I'm so excited to hear about your trip to the Land.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #38
petals

We're going the 17th of November for ten days with 5 disney days
Old 04-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #39
CinderElsa
DIS Veteran

Following along! I was just admiring your beautiful dresses & photos on an earlier TR so I'm happy to have caught this one from the beginning.

WDW: Poly ('93, '99, '06, '12); YC ('97); Pop ('04, '15); GF ('06); AKL ('14); AoA ('14)
DLR: Disneyland Hotel ('95) DLRTokyo: MiraCosta ('10) DLRParis: NPB ('02)
DCL: Wonder ('99); Magic ('08)

CinderElsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #40
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Starbucks and teens... I don't know!

I don't drink coffee, but I've started sometimes making my hot chocolate 3/4 hot chocolate and 1/4 coffee, just to add a little pep if I need it. Otherwise I stick to pop/cola!

I love Earl of Sandwich! There is just something that screams Disney to me. Probably because I only get to eat it at WDW or DL.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
I absolutely love those pillows!! What fun

How far of walk was it to DTD from the hotel if I might ask?
I missed your other question in my earlier reply.

Everything is pretty close together at DLR. Paradise Pier was a block, maybe 2 away from where we entered DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
I will follow along as it has now been too long since my December trip and I don't have another planned!

My kids also loved the beach-ball pillows in the PPH. I thought it was a fun hotel in a great location. The cool pools at the other two onsite hotels lose some luster when it's super-cold outside like it was that week!

PHXscuba
It really does seem like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? That's the fun part of doing the trip report. Now I get to relive it all!

So sorry you don't have a trip in the works. We don't officially, but at least have a "sort of" plan for November or December. Long about now I'm really wishing I'd found the cash to upgrade us to APs though, so there would be no excuse!

And you're so right about the pool situation. Our room overlooked the pool and we never even considered using it. Normally I would have been in intense negotiations all week over when we could get back to swim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruLovesKiss View Post
Joining in since I really enjoyed reading your last TR! I'm so excited to hear about your trip to the Land.
Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
We're going the 17th of November for ten days with 5 disney days
Sounds awesome! So what are you doing for the other 5 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderElsa View Post
Following along! I was just admiring your beautiful dresses & photos on an earlier TR so I'm happy to have caught this one from the beginning.
Thanks so much! I can't promise as much costume fun this time, but I might have had one in my suitcase for old time sake........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Starbucks and teens... I don't know!

I don't drink coffee, but I've started sometimes making my hot chocolate 3/4 hot chocolate and 1/4 coffee, just to add a little pep if I need it. Otherwise I stick to pop/cola!

I love Earl of Sandwich! There is just something that screams Disney to me. Probably because I only get to eat it at WDW or DL.
I'm with you on EOS. We don't have any around here either, so it really does get equated with Disney in my mind. It was SO much better at DLR that WDW though. Since DTD is within walking distance of all 3 onsite hotels, it's far easier to get there. As you'll no doubt discover over the course of our vacation to Earl of Sandwich....... errr.......... Disneyland.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #42
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I hear you on the Annual Pass idea. I've always wanted to buy. One what a cool souvenir for myself and the other it would cement another year back at my "Happy Place"! Someday.....someday...!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #43
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
I hear you on the Annual Pass idea. I've always wanted to buy. One what a cool souvenir for myself and the other it would cement another year back at my "Happy Place"! Someday.....someday...!
I know.... I know...... and this won't be the year for us to do it either. I'm guessing by next fall I'll be having serious WDW withdrawal and have to get back to do the Mine Coaster. Hopefully by then they'll have all the FP kinks worked out. Surely??????
Old 04-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #44
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sounds awesome! So what are you doing for the other 5 days?
Not sure yet other than hitting the outlets and doing a tour of LA/movie star homes.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #45
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

I like your Starbucks motto Nice treat for Katie to start the vacation though!

Cute pics of Katie in the Las Vegas airport!

The beach ball pillows in the room are so cool, nice touch! And I guess they came in handy when Katie got bored
"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13 - An Early Christmas with Mom & Dad: 11/8/14-11/15/14
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: