Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Summertime and Disneyland….Oo-De-Lally!!

Summertime and Disneyland….Oo-De-Lally!!

That famous phrase from a Disney classic is not only one that I use on a daily basis (no shame here)but also seemed to fit so perfectly in the title of this trip report. Sorry, where are my manners? Hello to everyone who has seemed to stumble upon my TR and welcome!!
My family and I just returned from our first ever trip to sunny CA and most importantly…..DISNEYLAND! We are usually WDW vacationers but after three trips we finally decided to take the plunge and see what new adventures awaited us at the original Disney park. This will be my 2nd TR here on the disboards but my first Disneyland TR! I would be more than happy to have you follow along in our new adventure to a new land full of memories, mishaps, and most important Disney!!! Oo-De-Lally!!!!
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #2
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

"The Pre Show"
About Us

And So it Begins

DAY ONE: FRIDAY JUNE 13TH

California Here We Come!

LA Car Rentals and the FREEWAY!

Long Beach California

Club Level Baby!

Dinner at the Pier

DAY TWO: SATURDAY JUNE 14TH

A Morning Stroll With No Plans

The End of Route 66 and my Bucket List

Pacific Park

The Grove

Lunch at my Family's Fav

Hollywood…bum bum bum bum bum bum Hollywood…..

Getting Back to Long Beach and a Late Dinner

DAY THREE: SUNDAY JUNE 15TH

A Moring Drive on the PCH

Checking in to Hyatt Huntington Beach

Your Room is Ready and an Almost Repeat of our Last Vacation

A Search for Sunscreen

The Beach

A Relaxing Evening, Dinner, and Aloe Vera

DAY FOUR: MONDAY JUNE 16TH

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND….

Our First Day at Disneyland Pt1

Our First Day in Disneyland Pt2

Our First Day in Disneyland Pt3

Our First Day in Disneyland Pt4

A Birthday Surprise

Almost The End of Our First Day's Adventures in Disneyland

The End of Our First Day's Adventures in Disneyland

DAY5: TUESDAY JUNE 17TH

A Plethora of Breakfast

WIDE RIGHT!!!

The Longest Version of TSMM Ever

Fastpasspalooza and Exploring a Challenge Trail

Killing Time With Some Favorites and Then Fastpass Time Baby!

Lunch and Downtown Disney

A Hot Afternoon in Disneyland Pt1

A Hot Afternoon in Disneyland Pt2

Dinner at Tortilla Joe's

Strange Tea Parties, Monsters, and a Zephyr

World of Color

DAY6: WEDNESDAY JUNE 18TH

A Disneyland Rope Drop

A Magical Morning in Fantasyland Pt1

A Magical Morning in Fantasyland Pt2

Toontown!!!!

Big Thunder Ranch…..Again

New Orleans Square

Tom Sawyer Island

Critter Country?

Getting Distracted

Last edited by thornton0511; 08-28-2014 at 03:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Following along!! We have 30 days til our trip so I kill time by reading about other people's trips!!!

TRIP REPORT STARTED:http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52056072
DS(6) DD (5) DBF Me

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come
luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

I'm following too!
Cheshirecatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Well well well, look who's back. I did the same thing in 2012... I had to change it up and see the original.

Looking forward to seeing how it all went Jenn, and probably most importantly, how you possibly got off track or lost in Disneyland Resort. Because I'm confident it happened.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #6
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Woo Disneyland! Can't wait to hear about it! Never been but really want to go someday.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #7
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luulu1999 View Post
Following along!! We have 30 days til our trip so I kill time by reading about other people's trips!!!
Hi there and WELCOME!! I am more than happy to entertain you until your trip starts! And I know just how long time just drags by right before a trip to Disney starts too...bleh
Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 AM   #8
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post
I'm following too!
Welcome aboard!! So glad you want to follow along and I hope I can keep things interesting for you
Old 06-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #9
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Well well well, look who's back. I did the same thing in 2012... I had to change it up and see the original.

Looking forward to seeing how it all went Jenn, and probably most importantly, how you possibly got off track or lost in Disneyland Resort. Because I'm confident it happened.
Rob!!! You found me YAY!!!! My oh my what a trip. I cannot wait to tell you all about it lol. I have also got to get over and catch up on yours too!! And hey there buddy I will have you know that since Disneyland is like a quarter of the size of WDW it would have been much harder for me to get off track or lost.....I mean WDW is so big.....it could happen to anyone.....bahahahaha! You are going to laugh when I tell my secret for getting to know Disneyland park before we got there and no it was not just from watching a you tube walkthrough, although I did that too! Really happy to see you here
Old 06-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #10
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Woo Disneyland! Can't wait to hear about it! Never been but really want to go someday.
Well hello there and welcome!!! It was quite the first time experience for us lol! Happy to have you here!!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

About Us
Our Disney family includes 4 people. We are from East Texas, and no we do not ride horseys for transportation, but we do have southern charm and a twang in our accents. We now have three Disney trips under our belt as a family and I took a trip with my family when I was a teenager. We love Disney and it has become our happy place. No other place in the world has ever come close to comparison with Disney standards and we have been fortunate enough to make it our vacation destination every year since 2011. Most people cannot comprehend why we choose to go back so often and what the big deal is with Disney. I know that I do not have to justify that to all of you here on the disboards seeing how we all have this Disney obsession of sorts in common. And that is okay! So I guess now I need to move it right along and get some introductions out of the way. I will start with me.

Hi there! I'm Jenn and I will be the narrator in this story. I am a 33 year old (as of today…yay!) Disney fanatic and the planner in all of our Disney getaways. I have such a wonderful love for Disney that I cannot even begin to explain in words but I am sure that most of you will understand because you have it bad too. I am married to my prince charming (who you will meet next) and in August we will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. He really is my prince charming and the love of my life! I am also a mother to two wonderful children who are my life.

This is my prince charming. He loves going on Disney vacations but is not in love with Disney as I am. He leaves all of the planning to me by choice which is great because I need to have complete control lol. His absolute favorite thing about Disney is the wonderful dining plan, even if it's not the greatest bargain in the world he believes being on it is the best part of a Disney vacation. So for that reason we always have it when we go to WDW…..pick you battles people. It makes him happy so that makes me happy. Obviously we were on no such plan this trip so we had to pay OOP for food and that was not something that he was looking forward to.

Moving on to our eldest child Cory. He is currently 12 years old, but will be turning into a teenager in a short few months, which makes me feel old. I'm not ready to accept being a parent to a teen yet ugh! He has a love of sports and has played city baseball since he was a little boy. Now that he is entering 7th grade this fall he will most likely be adding football, basketball, and track to that which will make me one busy mama! He is also gifted with smart brains (which he obviously got from his daddy) and somehow finds time to be in the GT program in school and managing to keep straight A's. I have noticed over the years that he seems to be falling out of love with Disney which makes me sad but he is a 12 year old boy so I guess that's normal. He still enjoys our trips there he just doesn't seem to have that sparkle in his eyes like he did when he was 9. Makes me sad.

Last but certainly not least is my little Disney companion Sydney. She is now 8 years old and since she has technically been going to Disney since she was 5 that apparently makes her a Disney veteran. This girl loves Disney as much as I do and I really hope that we have some mother/daughter trips to Disney when she is a bit older, especially if the other two get tired of going, because we never will lol! Sydney is to gymnastics like Cory is to sports…she loves going to class. She is also one bright cookie and gets straight A's in school. Besides Disney she also has a love for American Girl and Rainbow Loom, like most girls her age. She is very shy around strangers but when she is in her comfort zone she is a completely different child. She also has a slight issue with being in situations where she does not know what to expect and so for this reason we have to make sure that she knows every single detail about rides and shows before she will agree to do them. Basically she does not respond well to surprises.
So that is just us basically in a nut shell. Just you every day average Disney loving family! I hope you will enjoy our adventures as the story begins next!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:17 AM   #12
ElizabethDarling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Rob!!! You found me YAY!!!! My oh my what a trip. I cannot wait to tell you all about it lol. I have also got to get over and catch up on yours too!! And hey there buddy I will have you know that since Disneyland is like a quarter of the size of WDW it would have been much harder for me to get off track or lost.....I mean WDW is so big.....it could happen to anyone.....bahahahaha! You are going to laugh when I tell my secret for getting to know Disneyland park before we got there and no it was not just from watching a you tube walkthrough, although I did that too! Really happy to see you here
Ahh u understand my dilemma! Were from southern Cali and Disneyland is all we've known! September is our 1st trip to Disneyworld and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the size!.. I think I need to add an extra week! Lol hope you enjoyed Disneyland :D
ElizabethDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:28 AM   #13
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethDarling View Post
Ahh u understand my dilemma! Were from southern Cali and Disneyland is all we've known! September is our 1st trip to Disneyworld and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the size!.. I think I need to add an extra week! Lol hope you enjoyed Disneyland :D
LOL don't sweat it you will be fine! You will probably think of WDW like I did of DLR which is everything looks familiar yet bizarre....where am I? Ha! Hey and plus look at the bright side, if you get lost in WDW since its like the size of a small city at least you will still be in the Disney bubble whereas with your home park if you get lost outside the gates of Disney, well Toto were not in Kansas anymore. Seriously though don't worry too much. Rob is just making fun of me because it was kind of my theme in my last TR where I was always lost and taking wrong turns and running late like the white rabbit....which does not happen to normal people. And I am not normal so......
Old 06-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #14
ElizabethDarling
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
LOL don't sweat it you will be fine! You will probably think of WDW like I did of DLR which is everything looks familiar yet bizarre....where am I? Ha! Hey and plus look at the bright side, if you get lost in WDW since its like the size of a small city at least you will still be in the Disney bubble whereas with your home park if you get lost outside the gates of Disney, well Toto were not in Kansas anymore. Seriously though don't worry too much. Rob is just making fun of me because it was kind of my theme in my last TR where I was always lost and taking wrong turns and running late like the white rabbit....which does not happen to normal people. And I am not normal so......
Who likes normal anyways?... :D
ElizabethDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #15
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

The fact that you wrote "horseys" just made my day!!!

Since I feel quite familiar with ya'll (see I can talk Texas), and since Sydney got one a while back, I'll just add an only slightly belated...

DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: