Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #1186
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any SL progress or news?? Can't wait to hear about the renovation when it's complete!!!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #1187
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Yes, sounds like you are "forced" to return to the Grand. Congratulations on the 35th anniversary, how nice to celebrate it in RPC, no matter whether it's a std. or deluxe room!

Welcome! What type of tips are you looking for? The resort is easy to navigate, it's fairly compact. Take a look at the map in the first post on page 1, you can see where the boat dock is, Gasparilla's, etc.

We love to sit in the lobby in the afternoon and listen to the music. Hang out at the pool, usually with a drink. Take the boat back from the MK. Rent Sea Raycers and zip around SSL. Do afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge. Have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Grab a snack at Gasparilla's (or from the CL lounge, since you'll be in Sugar Loaf!) and watch Wishes at the marina. View the EWP from the boat dock. So many things to see and do!

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help.

HAHAHA! This was my thought, too. Good tip regarding the ziplocks and daughters.

Interesting about Poly guests at the pools, it has been reported they are not allowing the Poly guests to hop, but are giving out 1-day BB tix instead. Hmmm. Maybe they got some complaints.

Thanks for the update on the tipping situation. Do you mean cabana users, or just pool guests who ordered food? If the second, that seems odd. We've always been able to tip the wait staff at SAB over at Y&BC.
We were orig. booked at Poly, but kept eye on construction updates. At first they said we'd be allowed to use GF pool, then I guess they got complaints from GF, so now there is no pool hoping and replaced with a 1 day BB visit!!!
Since our trip is 14 days, a 1 day water park ticket just isn't going to be sufficient so we are another "forced" to change to GF looking forward to our return. we really fell in love with GF last August!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #1188
happymomof1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Anyone have any SL progress or news?? Can't wait to hear about the renovation when it's complete!!!
I am anxiously awaiting this as well!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #1189
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the Summer Lace shop carries Dooney & Bourke? I'm seriously leaning towards getting myself one of the weekender bags but prefer to wait till I get to Disney to actually buy one. I know I saw them in various spots throughout the parks but could have also sworn I saw them there too (although I could be wrong).
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #1190
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Does anyone know if the Summer Lace shop carries Dooney & Bourke? I'm seriously leaning towards getting myself one of the weekender bags but prefer to wait till I get to Disney to actually buy one. I know I saw them in various spots throughout the parks but could have also sworn I saw them there too (although I could be wrong).
Not sure if they do or not? I would suggest calling the store directly to make sure. I would think they sell well if they do have them so you may want to consider buying before your trip. I just bought myself a D&B weekender bag a few weeks ago and looking forward to using for the first time next month for a 10 day California Disneyland trip and then our nov WDW vacation : )
Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #1191
MamaBear58
DIS Veteran

Need a quick answer re lagoon view

Need to move from WL due to pool closure in Nov. If booking outer building lagoon view, any suggestions as to what to request? I realize there are no guarantees. I know I want an open balcony but anything else to consider? Any building better for water parade? Thanks!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #1192
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear58 View Post
Need to move from WL due to pool closure in Nov. If booking outer building lagoon view, any suggestions as to what to request? I realize there are no guarantees. I know I want an open balcony but anything else to consider? Any building better for water parade? Thanks!!!
Boca chica or big pines have great lagoon views and most likely that would be your lagoon view category as well ... I personally would pick boca chica : ) We switch from WL as well to GF mainly because of the construction site itself.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #1193
MamaBear58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Boca chica or big pines have great lagoon views and most likely that would be your lagoon view category as well ... I personally would pick boca chica : ) We switch from WL as well to GF mainly because of the construction site itself.
Wow that was quick! Thank you!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #1194
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow that was quick! Thank you!!!
You needed a quick answer and a quick answer you got lol I also wanted to add that both building would have a beautiful view of the electrical water pageant so either would be fab. I just prefer boca chica since you have a chance at a slight to the left view of MK
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #1195
MamaBear58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You needed a quick answer and a quick answer you got lol I also wanted to add that both building would have a beautiful view of the electrical water pageant so either would be fab. I just prefer boca chica since you have a chance at a slight to the left view of MK
Old 06-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #1196
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Hi Hi HI!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting this as well!!!!!!!!
Me three....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Yes indeed..Summer Lace does carry the D&B bags....they used to carry all of the different sizes...dont recall if I saw the weekender when we were there recently...A suggestion tho...that new Co-Op store carries all of the different D&B's and seem to have every shape and size too...so you can always make a little side trip.....and the Disney Store has free shipping on theme park merchandise right now...so you might want to order it before hand???

I am always to share lots of shopping advice..lol...

disney meema I see that you are putting your weekender to good use!!!

~Just adding a bit to more to my super mini TR....We had yet another trip with easy use of our MBs...worked on the room at check ..for all of our FPP's and I did change FP times around even day of...some even within an hour or so of FPP times... using MDE on my phone..and that too was seamless...

SDMT....great ride!! a bit shorter than I expected...but as others have said..great details during the ride...when you are in the "mine" dont miss the seven dwarfs profiles on the wall as they head off from work.... Very cool...

The food...I know that there is so much so say...lol...I need to jar my memory ...There are still no chocolate covered strawberries during evening desserts...but..there were many other yummy things... like key lime tarts...yum.... and mini cheesecakes..in a graham cracker cup..topped with a raspberry...another yum...

So much more food to talk about but so little time today...lol...

Hope that everyone is having a fabulous Friday... preppy GF gal who is still having disney withdrawl....

Old 06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #1197
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I second that vote for Boca Chica...nice LV..EWP too...centrally located..and larger outer building so many rooms with an open balcony...

Quote:
I agree....

Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #1198
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Darn, still no chocolate covered strawberries! I have to say, I do love Key Lime tarts. Looking forward to them in SL in a few weeks.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #1199
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Speaking of chocolate covered strawberries....does anyone happen to know if this is something that can be ordered from room service? Or is there somewhere else I'd need to order them from?
Old 06-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #1200
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Sue M - I don't blame you for switching, one water park day would not be sufficient for us as compensation, either. We love to sit by the pool every day of our trip!

MamaBear58 - Welcome! Sorry about the pool closure at WL forcing you to change plans, I think you will love the Grand!

BlueSkies - I knew you would be able to answer the shopping question.

Thanks for the FP+ info, I'm so glad it is easy to change on the fly. I've been worried about that, sounds like there is no need.

Still no chocolate covered strawberries?! Why?!? I need an emoticon where I roll around crying and kicking my feet, instead of laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Speaking of chocolate covered strawberries....does anyone happen to know if this is something that can be ordered from room service? Or is there somewhere else I'd need to order them from?
Yes, you can. There is a list of Private Dining amenities on the first page, or at least a link - I'll figure out which post and give a link.

ETA: scroll down to the bottom of this Dining post, you'll find the in room amenities list with prices! (may have changed slightly, this was a couple years ago)
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: