Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #1171
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

I was looking for the same site last week - went thru over 20 pages of searches - and didn't come up with it either.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:54 AM   #1172
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
I was looking for the same site last week - went thru over 20 pages of searches - and didn't come up with it either.
I am glad it's not just me that remembers it....lol
The site must not exist anymore because if I remember correctly it would come up pretty quick in a search.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #1173
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
The site must not exist anymore because if I remember correctly it would come up pretty quick in a search.
I ran across a GF fan site a few months ago but never returned. All of the info was quite out of date so I assumed it was sort of "abandoned" by the originator.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:58 AM   #1174
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Regarding the tipping conversation - we noticed at the pool yesterday someone had ordered good from Gasparilla Grill and when it was delivered the CM refused the tip - couldn't hear the conversation as to why but she apparently could not accept it.

On another note - which may have been reported already - but Poly peeps are able to use the pools here. We were going to book Poly as we love it there and at the time the main pool was still going to be open but sounds like it might be closed too?? Anyway - we are loving it here - grounds are beautiful and everything is really close.

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
DT83097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #1175
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Ya I can't find it either. Something like " where the magic lives"

It was a travel agent I believe.

Anybody else
That's exactly what it was..... the woman that ran the site is no longer a travel agent and took down the site. I think she had a falling out w/ the travel agency that she worked for. But it's a shame because the site was really terrific and a great place for GF information.

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #1176
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
That's exactly what it was..... the woman that ran the site is no longer a travel agent and took down the site. I think she had a falling out w/ the travel agency that she worked for. But it's a shame because the site was really terrific and a great place for GF information.
I loved to look at the floor plans of the suites and dream of the day I got to see one in person
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #1177
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Coming on over to the Grand from the WL ... pool construction at the lodge is more extensive than I originally thought a month ago so now my end of the trip at CL RP has become a full stay for November. We had to make a few changes with 10 days stay in a theme park view room in outer building and requested conch key. Then we will be 3 days in RP CL standard room with a king bed request.
Originally had a deluxe king turret request but unavailable now with the changes I made (( bummer since it's our 35th anniversary )) but CM has us on a wait list for any cancellations so maybe?
This will be our 10th or 11th stay at GF and I guess we are meant to be there again this trip since WL just didn't work for us.

Hi hi everyone : )
Yes, sounds like you are "forced" to return to the Grand. Congratulations on the 35th anniversary, how nice to celebrate it in RPC, no matter whether it's a std. or deluxe room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitts2008 View Post
I'm so indecisive :-(. But, I just did it. I canceled my BB CBR reservation and booked a CL outer building room. Not sure I did the right thing. But, it's done.

We ( me, dh, dd 12, and my mom) will be there 9/15 - 9/19.

Anyone every stay in the handicapped roll in shower room

Any tips for navigating or must see at GF ?
Welcome! What type of tips are you looking for? The resort is easy to navigate, it's fairly compact. Take a look at the map in the first post on page 1, you can see where the boat dock is, Gasparilla's, etc.

We love to sit in the lobby in the afternoon and listen to the music. Hang out at the pool, usually with a drink. Take the boat back from the MK. Rent Sea Raycers and zip around SSL. Do afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge. Have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Grab a snack at Gasparilla's (or from the CL lounge, since you'll be in Sugar Loaf!) and watch Wishes at the marina. View the EWP from the boat dock. So many things to see and do!

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
not able to take all the soaps etc home the horror!! I pack ziplocks and divide them between my luggage and daughters
HAHAHA! This was my thought, too. Good tip regarding the ziplocks and daughters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT83097 View Post
Regarding the tipping conversation - we noticed at the pool yesterday someone had ordered good from Gasparilla Grill and when it was delivered the CM refused the tip - couldn't hear the conversation as to why but she apparently could not accept it.

On another note - which may have been reported already - but Poly peeps are able to use the pools here. We were going to book Poly as we love it there and at the time the main pool was still going to be open but sounds like it might be closed too?? Anyway - we are loving it here - grounds are beautiful and everything is really close.
Interesting about Poly guests at the pools, it has been reported they are not allowing the Poly guests to hop, but are giving out 1-day BB tix instead. Hmmm. Maybe they got some complaints.

Thanks for the update on the tipping situation. Do you mean cabana users, or just pool guests who ordered food? If the second, that seems odd. We've always been able to tip the wait staff at SAB over at Y&BC.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #1178
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got lucky! Our room was small because on a curve BUT a double size balcony The room was across from the lounge so we loved walking out and hearing the sounds of the lobby.

We love those atrium rooms, too, so nice to hear the music as you enter and exit your room. We often prop the door open so we can hear it while we're in the room!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #1179
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
We love those atrium rooms, too, so nice to hear the music as you enter and exit your room. We often prop the door open so we can hear it while we're in the room!
That is what we love about RPC, the fact that you can hear the music when coming or going to your room .

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #1180
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aww, that's too bad, it was a great site. Thank you for the info!
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #1181
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
I loved to look at the floor plans of the suites and dream of the day I got to see one in person
too funny!!!! wouldn't that be something to stay in one of those!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #1182
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Good Afternoon The rain left then a mini heatwave came and the rain is back for the next few days UGH I guess rain is better than snow......Still no actual trips to the GF planned lot's of hoping wishing & dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Sorry about your aunt & uncle's car, but glad everything got settled and they were able to get a new one .

Yes, we were posting at the same time . Things here are good, thanks. We had some rain at the beginning of the week, but the last few days have been sunny and cool with temps in the mid 70s .
Thanks. She's working on getting the boxes cleaned out of her living room..Glad everything is well where you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Me, too, I prefer a more boring life. I did get a nice visit with 2 of my kids during that time, so that's a plus.

Thanks about DD. Sorry to hear about your aunt & uncle's car, it must have been hard to deal with all that when moving. Glad they finally have a new car. Sorry, too, about your uncle - so hard when a loved one struggles with memory loss.

You certainly have been pixie dusted! I'll try to get those photos posted soon.
You're Welcome & Thank You! Glad you had a nice visit with the kids.. Yes it is, especially when that person was/is a brainiac........Um yeah I have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Hello fellow GF fans! Things have been kind of hectic around here...and have interfered with my DIS time...

I am still doing the floridian frown....and seriously having lounge withdrawl...lol...

~ Just some quick additions to my mini..drawn out TR..lol...I did notice that the GF Society Orchestra is looking very good in their new uniforms...medium blue vests..and a rusty brown color slacks...kind of like those Gaspies colors... Hope that we will be seeing more of these colors!! Especially the blue..lol.. and Basin seems to have added quite a few new soaps...Gotta love new soaps!
Hey Blue
I'm still suffering from that Floridian Frown ....Oooo I forgot that the GF Orchestra had new uniforms, I saw them a few months ago on FB and wanted to mention it here and I completely forgot

Quote:
I could swear a few years back I saw an online fan site dedicated to the Grand Floridian....I can't find it now for the life of me. Does anyone know which site I am talking about by chance?
Yes there was one, as previous posters have mentioned. She closed both of her sites late last year/early this year.

Quote:
Ya I can't find it either. Something like " where the magic lives"

It was a travel agent I believe.

Anybody else
Yes there was one, as previous posters have mentioned. I'm still in contact with her and I will tell her you miss the fan page. There are a few GF pages/groups on FB. Yes they did have a falling out just over a year ago and she left the agency and she closed both of her sites late last year/early this year.

Quote:
I'm still in contact with her and I will tell her you miss the fan page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
I ran across a GF fan site a few months ago but never returned. All of the info was quite out of date so I assumed it was sort of "abandoned" by the originator.
The site was closed because the owner is no longer a TA, I will tell her that you were looking for it. It was a great site and had TONS of info

Quote:
Yep this is correct info. The TA owner also has a great site, FB & Pinterest pages with lots of info

Last edited by ahcupcake; 06-19-2014 at 06:49 PM.
ahcupcake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #1183
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi friends. Catching up here. MagicBands just arrived in the mail. Getting excited about upcoming trip. DS graduates from high school Tuesday night. DD leaves for Ireland on the 30th for 11 days. Have to think about all this first!

Wow, the GF orchestra have new uniforms. Can't wait to see and hear them soon!

Have a Grand rest of the day my friends.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #1184
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Hi friends. Catching up here. MagicBands just arrived in the mail. Getting excited about upcoming trip. DS graduates from high school Tuesday night. DD leaves for Ireland on the 30th for 11 days. Have to think about all this first! Wow, the GF orchestra have new uniforms. Can't wait to see and hear them soon! Have a Grand rest of the day my friends.
Exciting!!! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of ours!

Ireland!!! How fun. It's on my "places I'd love to go" list!
yce22princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #1185
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Good Afternoon The rain left then a mini heatwave came and the rain is back for the next few days UGH I guess rain is better than snow......Still no actual trips to the GF planned lot's of hoping wishing & dreaming

Thanks. She's working on getting the boxes cleaned out of her living room..Glad everything is well where you are

You're Welcome & Thank You! Glad you had a nice visit with the kids.. Yes it is, especially when that person was/is a brainiac........Um yeah I have been

Hey Blue
I'm still suffering from that Floridian Frown ....Oooo I forgot that the GF Orchestra had new uniforms, I saw them a few months ago on FB and wanted to mention it here and I completely forgot

Yes there was one, as previous posters have mentioned. She closed both of her sites late last year/early this year.

Yes there was one, as previous posters have mentioned. I'm still in contact with her and I will tell her you miss the fan page. There are a few GF pages/groups on FB. Yes they did have a falling out just over a year ago and she left the agency and she closed both of her sites late last year/early this year.
Don't know how long you have been posting/reading here but she & the TA were frequent posters and if my memory is correct the TA ran this thread before k&c&a's mom took over

I'm still in contact with her and I will tell her you miss the fan page. There are a few GF pages/groups on FB, if you want to know their names please PM and I will send you the links to join

The site was closed because the owner is no longer a TA, I will tell her that you were looking for it. It was a great site and had TONS of info

Yep this is correct info. The TA owner also has a great site, FB & Pinterest pages with lots of info

Please tell her that I miss both of her sites too - and wish her well.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: