Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #991
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Hello.

We are currently booked at WL for November but thinking of switching to the GF.
We just did the same thing! We are booked for GF in July and were originally going to try and split stay of YC and WL in Nov. But then I got wind of the rumor regarding the pool at WL being under construction while we are there - so we were able to switch our 4 nights BB offer to GF GV! Very excited! Now to move a few ADR's around and switch my mindset about our fall trip!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #992
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Trish great pics! We always get the trifle with our Buckingham tea
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #993
marlaine8
Mouseketeer

Can anyone please tell me the difference between a Standard Room and a Deluxe Queen Room in the Main Building? I've searched and searched and can't find anything that compares the 2 room types.
I just can't stop myself from switching things! First we were booked in SL, now we have a Standard Room in the Main Building. I'm seriously considering the Deluxe Room.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #994
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaine8 View Post
Can anyone please tell me the difference between a Standard Room and a Deluxe Queen Room in the Main Building? I've searched and searched and can't find anything that compares the 2 room types.
I just can't stop myself from switching things! First we were booked in SL, now we have a Standard Room in the Main Building. I'm seriously considering the Deluxe Room.
A deluxe room is quite a bit larger (approximately 600 sq ft vs 400 sq ft) with a small seating area. Here is a link from the first page of this thread with a pic of a main building deluxe queen:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...10&postcount=5

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #995
summer621
Earning My Ears

Which outer building at the GF do you like best?

My family and I are excited about our first visit to the GF this November. Our family of 5 has requested a lagoon room view - it was all that was left for FD promotion! Would you recommend a specific building or floor? We'd love to be able to see the fireworks from our room like we could at the Poly!

Thanks for any insight!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #996
SGDisneyFam
Mouseketeer

We are looking at booking a November trip to WDW! Our 1st trip ever. And weighting the pros and cons of which resort although I'm sure we've decided on GF. We are looking for opinions on the Club Level. Would you do outer building or main building? I've noticed the outer bld club level is all club level rooms would that make the lounge busier than that of the main building?

Also ease of transportation? We would really love to avoid renting a car as we plan to spend all of our 10+ days on site. But if the resort transportstion is not adequate we would consider it ?

Thanks

T

Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #997
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer621 View Post
My family and I are excited about our first visit to the GF this November. Our family of 5 has requested a lagoon room view - it was all that was left for FD promotion! Would you recommend a specific building or floor? We'd love to be able to see the fireworks from our room like we could at the Poly!

Thanks for any insight!
Congrats on your first upcoming GF stay. I can't help too much with a lagoon view room as we've never booked that room type, but I think Boca Chica is a good request for that view and could possibly have a view of MK, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with experience with that room type will be able to help with that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDisneyFam View Post
We are looking at booking a November trip to WDW! Our 1st trip ever. And weighting the pros and cons of which resort although I'm sure we've decided on GF. We are looking for opinions on the Club Level. Would you do outer building or main building? I've noticed the outer bld club level is all club level rooms would that make the lounge busier than that of the main building?

Also ease of transportation? We would really love to avoid renting a car as we plan to spend all of our 10+ days on site. But if the resort transportstion is not adequate we would consider it ?

Thanks

T
Having stayed both RPC (main building CL) and SL (outer building CL), my choice would be RPC. While I'm glad I got to try SL, I didn't like the lounge. The food offerings are the same in both clubs, but the lounges are worlds apart. For SL, the lounge is located right inside the lobby of the SL building and isn't very big, IMO. I also felt that there wasn't enough seating to accommodate the number of people staying there (just my opinion) and was most times very crowded and chaotic. The lounge in RPC, however, is large and spacious with plenty of seating with beautiful views, unlike SL where there aren't any views since the lounge is located in the center of the lobby. RPC is more relaxed/quiet if you are one who likes to just relax and take in the surroundings. I will say, though, that SL is convenient if you will be spending alot of time at the courtyard pool as the building is located right next to the pool, which is great for grabbing snacks and drinks throughout the day while sitting poolside. Keep in mind that these are just my personal opinions as others will have different views.

As far as transportation, I think all of the resorts have their good and bad days. We use Disney transportation on all of our trips and while sometimes there might be a wait and/or a crowded bus, monorail, or boat, we prefer that to driving to the parks, especially since we are never in a hurry to get anywhere.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #998
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Having stayed both RPC (main building CL) and SL (outer building CL), my choice would be RPC. While I'm glad I got to try SL, I didn't like the lounge. The food offerings are the same in both clubs, but the lounges are worlds apart. For SL, the lounge is located right inside the lobby of the SL building and isn't very big, IMO. I also felt that there wasn't enough seating to accommodate the number of people staying there (just my opinion) and was most times very crowded and chaotic. The lounge in RPC, however, is large and spacious with plenty of seating with beautiful views, unlike SL where there aren't any views since the lounge is located in the center of the lobby. RPC is more relaxed/quiet if you are one who likes to just relax and take in the surroundings. I will say, though, that SL is convenient if you will be spending alot of time at the courtyard pool as the building is located right next to the pool, which is great for grabbing snacks and drinks throughout the day while sitting poolside. Keep in mind that these are just my personal opinions as others will have different views.

As far as transportation, I think all of the resorts have their good and bad days. We use Disney transportation on all of our trips and while sometimes there might be a wait and/or a crowded bus, monorail, or boat, we prefer that to driving to the parks, especially since we are never in a hurry to get anywhere.

I would have to agree with everything mickeynut1 said, even down to the transportation!

On our last two trips, we were upgraded...once to RPC and once to Sugarloaf. They are worlds apart, although we definitely enjoyed our stay in Sugarloaf. The main building is all club level, too, but the light and spaciousness of RPC are unbeatable, and there are many tables with wonderful views.

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!::F&WF Quickie October 2014
Sweet 16 Trip to Disneyland - July 2015

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
Old 06-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #999
Rootskate
Oh what I wouldn't give for a Zagnut candy bar!!
My day wouldn't be complete without watching Saved By The Bell... but don't tell anyone!
Do you have a license for that tag your driving?

Does anyone know if there are any king bed rooms in the lagoon view category? I realize it would only be a request. Also, do the courtyard pool and hot tub stay open 24 hours or does it close at a certain time?
POR September 2007
POR October 2008
SSR December 2012
POR November 2013
Old 06-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #1000
Sue M
DIS Veteran

SL Views?

Our first 2 nights are booked in SL. I'm wondering about views, I asked for marina view, just to have a different view because the next 12 days we will move to a regular outer building and requested pool view in Boca.

But what I'm wondering is if the courtyard /garden views in SL can see Wishes?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #1001
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Our first 2 nights are booked in SL. I'm wondering about views, I asked for marina view, just to have a different view because the next 12 days we will move to a regular outer building and requested pool view in Boca.

But what I'm wondering is if the courtyard /garden views in SL can see Wishes?
No you can't see Wishes from the courtyard side, but can from some of the marina side rooms. I don't remember the room numbers, but they are the rooms to the right when you go in the lobby. You can't see them from the rooms to the left. Hope that's not too confusing, it makes sense if you look at the building from the water. You can't see the castle, but have a good view of Wishes.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #1002
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie86 View Post
No you can't see Wishes from the courtyard side, but can from some of the marina side rooms. I don't remember the room numbers, but they are the rooms to the right when you go in the lobby. You can't see them from the rooms to the left. Hope that's not too confusing, it makes sense if you look at the building from the water. You can't see the castle, but have a good view of Wishes.
Thanks! I'll add that to my request!!

Old 06-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #1003
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Any construction or refurbs planned this fall for the GF? We are going in November. I hate being surprised by the noise and clutter of construction. I know that some people aren't bothered by it, but we are and I would stay elsewhere if necessary.

Thank you!
Old 06-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #1004
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootskate View Post
Does anyone know if there are any king bed rooms in the lagoon view category? I realize it would only be a request. Also, do the courtyard pool and hot tub stay open 24 hours or does it close at a certain time?
I can't help with the king bed question, but hopefully someone else will be able to answer that for you .

As far as the pool, it looks like the courtyard pool is open 24/7. I couldn't find hours on the first page of this thread (not saying they're not listed as I could have missed it), but here is a link from All Ears with pool information. Scroll down about 3/4 of the page:

http://allears.net/acc/faq_gf.htm

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
Any construction or refurbs planned this fall for the GF? We are going in November. I hate being surprised by the noise and clutter of construction. I know that some people aren't bothered by it, but we are and I would stay elsewhere if necessary.

Thank you!
AFAIK, there isn't any more construction scheduled at the GF. The room refurbs are scheduled to finish up by the end of July/August as SL was to begin June 1st and RPC is scheduled to start June 29th .

Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #1005
Babsy
DIS Veteran

AFAIK, there isn't any more construction scheduled at the GF. The room refurbs are scheduled to finish up by the end of July/August as SL was to begin June 1st and RPC is scheduled to start June 29th .[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Mickeynut1. You are very helpful.

That is a relief! I am getting a bit paranoid about renovations at hotels after a couple of nasty experiences.

One less thing to worry about!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: