Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #976
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Thanks....can you comment on how early is "early"?
Last year my parents were there 90 minutes before Wishes started and said it was 80% full.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #977
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Last year my parents were there 90 minutes before Wishes started and said it was 80% full.
Thanks....we'll hopefully make it up there before it's 100%!!

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #978
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
So I just booked my flights and "accidentally" booked for us to return on Monday instead of Sunday. So now I am hoping for a room only discount to add an extra night at the end of the trip.

Thought about switching resorts, but just want to stay at GF CL, so hopefully we can stay put!
Oh I have to "accidentally" book our flight a day later next time we book a trip.

I hope you get a room in CL.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #979
garada3
DIS Veteran

Main Building Laundry

Is the washer in the second floor laundry still a front loading machine?

Last time we stayed I brought laundry sheets which do not work in that style of machine.

Do the laundry pods work in front loading washing machines?

Thanks!

58 days
garada3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #980
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Hi Blue and all my friends here!

For those of you who have stayed in the refurbished rooms, do the beds have new mattresses? Can't remember if someone commented on this before. Just wondering.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #981
jackets9
Earning My Ears

Good morning! We are excitedly planning our vacation for the week of July 4. We usually stay at the Poly, but given all the construction we are going to give the GF a try!

We are very excited to see the fireworks at Disney as we have never been here during this time of year. I don't think I have the patience to deal with the crowds at MK, so we are planning to watch from the dock at the GF. Reading some of the above posts about getting to the Contemporary 90 minutes early, how early should be at the dock for the July 3rd fireworks?

Thanks much!
jackets9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:57 AM   #982
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackets9 View Post
Good morning! We are excitedly planning our vacation for the week of July 4. We usually stay at the Poly, but given all the construction we are going to give the GF a try!

We are very excited to see the fireworks at Disney as we have never been here during this time of year. I don't think I have the patience to deal with the crowds at MK, so we are planning to watch from the dock at the GF. Reading some of the above posts about getting to the Contemporary 90 minutes early, how early should be at the dock for the July 3rd fireworks?

Thanks much!
That's a good question...I'm wondering the same thing, as I'll be there to see the fireworks and might consider that location as opposed to the CR. In the past, we have loved watching and hearing Wishes from Narcoosee's.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #983
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
OMG!!! You made me look at my countdown and we have 12 days until on line check in....and FP+ selections. I really need to sit down and come up with a strategy!!!

I also emailed IPO about this "Villians Unleashed" party happening while we are down there. My kids (especially my youngest) LOVES the villians, and I HAVE to get tickets to that party!!!
I just signed on this morning and saw that Villians party. It looks like so much fun!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get tickets. Totally wish that was happening when we are there but no luck for us My youngest DD also LOVES the villians. Her favorite character from The Little Mermaid has always been Ursula, even as a toddler...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
We used the laundry...it's still operated with coins.
Thanks for the info More quarters added to my packing list! Already ordered laundry detergent from GG and I am bringing dryer sheets so I will only need quarters to run the machines.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #984
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Here are some of the items from GVTR

Tea sandwiches

Scones and tart

2nd course of Princess Cate (sorry forgot to take pic of potted shrimp)

DD chose these for her last course

I chose this Trifle

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #985
trishadono
DIS Veteran

View of GF from Poly Cl lounge 6:30am

View of GF from my patio at Poly

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #986
Lisann
Mouseketeer

trishadono...beautiful pics, thanks!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #987
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Hello.

We are currently booked at WL for November but thinking of switching to the GF. I have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind...

Are there king bed rooms in the Lagoon View category? If so, are they strictly handicapped accessible rooms? We'd love to request a king size bed but wouldn't want a roll in shower.

Is the self parking terribly far? We've driven there before for dinner reservations and parked quite far away in a lot across the street. Is there a closer parking lot for resort guests?

Thanks!
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #988
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
trishadono...beautiful pics, thanks!
For sure!! They could be postcards!

And the tea menu items look just yummy!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #989
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Here are some of the items from GVTR Tea sandwiches Scones and tart 2nd course of Princess Cate (sorry forgot to take pic of potted shrimp) DD chose these for her last course I chose this Trifle
Lovely pictures of tea ... I'm so excited to go again this November after seeing your pictures : ) My husband has never went as it's usually with my daughters or granddaughter but it's only us two so he's my new tea friend ... He's not thrilled and would I'm sure be on the lake in a boat, maybe he'll get his turn next time : )
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #990
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
I'm sure the answer to my question is in here somewhere.....I'm just failing to find it at the moment.... My girls really want to stay in a dormer room. I know we can request it, and I prefer to be as high as possible when we stay in hotels because I'm (unfortunately) a very light sleeper and people above us just generally moving around would wake me up. How much noticeably smaller is the room?? Also, we won't need to use the daybed as they are fine sharing (still little), but is the couch still there to sit or is there nothing? You GF vets have been so helpful answering questions! I love this thread. We are now 44 days away from our first GF stay! :-)
We had a lovely room with the dormer and loved it ... It was in the conch key building facing the theme park and lake : ) we didn't have a couch but a table & chairs and desk. We stayed for 14 days and had a special vacation all around. It was my daughter, granddaughter and myself this particular trip.
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: