Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #946
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Greetings friends -- well after my February trip I returned to nothing but chaos and drama at work -- sad to say, these are a few of my favorite things. We are splitting up our company (we are publically traded) and will be half the size we were by the year's end. So, I've been absent due to all the due diligence etc.

But I'm pleased to note, as my ticker indicates, the first week in February we will be back home again! I'm trying to sneak down for F&W (I usually just stay CBR or POR for this as we do all our dining at Epcot then) for a long weekend end of October, but that depends on when the closing takes place -- so far it has moved from June to August, to October to "we hope by Novemebr 1....."

I hope all of you going soon have wonderful trips.

Best regards,

Tom
Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #947
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

All...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfamily320 View Post
My family just moved our reservation to the GF from the Poly for August due to the construction. We've always dreamed of staying at the GF but never thought we would have this opportunity. We are so excited.

I look forward to catching up on this thread as the date gets closer.

Take Care,

Joey
Congratulations!!! such a wonderful resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
grannyminnie - I'm here! Did anyone ever get a less than polite response to a request from the GF IPO? I did and I was shocked.

I asked to change some of our reservations to 4 instead of 5 people. They can't make all of the times that we are going to dinner. Silly me. I thought it was common courtesy because that opens up a reservation for party of 5.

The response was that I didn't have to change my reservations if 1 person did not show up.
Always have had polite and helpful CMs ..but was given that same answer when I called to modify the amout of people on a ressie a while ago....I am thinking that maybe there is no way to modify ..other than to cancel and re book... I agree though about it being just common courtesy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Greetings friends -- well after my February trip I returned to nothing but chaos and drama at work -- sad to say, these are a few of my favorite things. We are splitting up our company (we are publically traded) and will be half the size we were by the year's end. So, I've been absent due to all the due diligence etc.

But I'm pleased to note, as my ticker indicates, the first week in February we will be back home again! I'm trying to sneak down for F&W (I usually just stay CBR or POR for this as we do all our dining at Epcot then) for a long weekend end of October, but that depends on when the closing takes place -- so far it has moved from June to August, to October to "we hope by Novemebr 1....."

I hope all of you going soon have wonderful trips.

Best regards,

Tom
Hey Tom Yay for having a new ticker...

grannyminnie speaking of tickers!!!! You are getting to be a pro!!! Great new ticker!!! I hope that I will be adding a new one soon too!!

Maxie Are you packed!!::: lol...

MickeyNut Whatcha been up to???

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday... preppy GF gal whose cant wait to be on vacation...

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #948
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
When I did online check in last year I seem to recall a box to check for Dormer. I didn't check it, was the only thing I didn't want but got!! The room was pretty, but hate the solid balcony, so I went back down to ask for another room.

Hey Sue ~

Your post made me think of something ---- when we stay at the Poly I always request "3rd floor with balcony" because I like to be on the upper floor and my DH likes to have a balcony. Do I need to request a balcony at the GF? Do all the (upper) rooms have them? If so are they different? I assume when you say solid balcony that means it has more of a wall and not rails?

TIA!
Debbie

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #949
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
All...

Congratulations!!! such a wonderful resort!

Always have had polite and helpful CMs ..but was given that same answer when I called to modify the amout of people on a ressie a while ago....I am thinking that maybe there is no way to modify ..other than to cancel and re book... I agree though about it being just common courtesy..

Hey Tom Yay for having a new ticker...

grannyminnie speaking of tickers!!!! You are getting to be a pro!!! Great new ticker!!! I hope that I will be adding a new one soon too!!

Maxie Are you packed!!::: lol...

MickeyNut Whatcha been up to???

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday... preppy GF gal whose cant wait to be on vacation...
I know, Blue! So proud of myself!! Just still cannot master multi-quoting! The date of that ticker might have to be changed too...but maybe I can handle that now!

MommyGina, I replied to your post, and, as some say on here, it went "poof"!

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #950
Maxie86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe View Post
Hey Sue ~

Your post made me think of something ---- when we stay at the Poly I always request "3rd floor with balcony" because I like to be on the upper floor and my DH likes to have a balcony. Do I need to request a balcony at the GF? Do all the (upper) rooms have them? If so are they different? I assume when you say solid balcony that means it has more of a wall and not rails?

TIA!
Debbie
Almost all rooms have a balcony no need to request one. The dormer rooms have a smaller balcony that is inclosed, yes that is a solid wall and not rails. Some people don't like them because you can't see over them while sitting, unless you are very tall.

BlueSkies, Hmmmm that is very strange about mousekeping thinking I don't like chocolate. Did someone tell them that so they could get extra???

Yup I'm packed....won't you be surprised when I show up at your door. Remember I did that once. As I recall mickeynut was with me.

Tom and grannyminnie, Yay for new tickers.
Maxie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #951
merriwthr
Mouseketeer

I have a totally random question and I searched this thread and didn't see anything on this. We'll be staying at the GF next week for the very first time. And I have really really thick hair. Can anyone tell me if the standard rooms have a blow dryer and if so, are they any good?? Or should I bring my own?

Any advice from all you GF experts out there???

Thank you!!

Michelle
Old 06-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #952
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

My daughter bought my granddaughter 50 VGF points for her 20th birthday!!!

We bring them with us on all our Grand vacations. They fell in love with the Grand.

Our family now has 800 VGF points.

Candy
Old 06-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #953
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Orlando View Post
My daughter bought my granddaughter 50 VGF points for her 20th birthday!!!

We bring them with us on all our Grand vacations. They fell in love with the Grand.

Our family now has 800 VGF points.

Candy
Just keep on and maybe you can own that place!!!! And invite all your "besties"!!!!

Old 06-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #954
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

My DD14 and I were in the lobby last week (May 29th) before our 1900 Park Faire breakfast reservation at 9:30am and it was a complete zoo.

The lobby was crowded with people, extremely loud, no place to sit and we tried to walk around a bit but there were so many people it was hard to do so.

Is that lobby always like that or was it just because it was a holiday week?

I'm booked there for 2 days in September and like a calm quiet atmosphere in the lobby. Now I'm wondering if the rest of the resort is as much of a madhouse as that lobby was. Please tell me it was a fluke!

We did enjoy our breakfast and DD14 loved the character interaction. She loves Alice in Wonderland so it was the perfect character breakfast for the teenage girl who says she isn't into characters anymore.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #955
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
My DD14 and I were in the lobby last week (May 29th) before our 1900 Park Faire breakfast reservation at 9:30am and it was a complete zoo.

The lobby was crowded with people, extremely loud, no place to sit and we tried to walk around a bit but there were so many people it was hard to do so.

Is that lobby always like that or was it just because it was a holiday week?

I'm booked there for 2 days in September and like a calm quiet atmosphere in the lobby. Now I'm wondering if the rest of the resort is as much of a madhouse as that lobby was. Please tell me it was a fluke!

We did enjoy our breakfast and DD14 loved the character interaction. She loves Alice in Wonderland so it was the perfect character breakfast for the teenage girl who says she isn't into characters anymore.
I was there last week too and noticed a couple of what appeared to be unusually busy times in the lobby! It must have been a combination of different groups meeting up for either a meal, or a wedding event. There were other times when it was quiet. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 AM   #956
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe View Post
Hey Sue ~

TIA!
Debbie
Yes, the balcony has a solid wall, so sitting down you can't see out. This is what I didn't like. You have to stand up to see anything.
I like having my morning coffee on the balcony and be able to look out.
I've only stayed at GF once before, but I think most rooms have balconies.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #957
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Hi hi hi joining in : ) we just added 3 nights to the end of our vacation and staying in a deluxe CL King in main building. We will be starting our vacation November 9 - 19 at Wilderness Lodge for the first time at the resort, and a Grand ending at Floridian November 19 -22
This will be our 11th time at the Floridian and celebrating our 35th anniversary with this 2 week vacation.
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #958
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Hi hi hi joining in : ) we just added 3 nights to the end of our vacation and staying in a deluxe CL King in main building. We will be starting our vacation November 9 - 19 at Wilderness Lodge for the first time at the resort, and a Grand ending at Floridian November 19 -22
This will be our 11th time at the Floridian and celebrating our 35th anniversary with this 2 week vacation.
Happy Anniversary!!! you picked a great place to celebrate it!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 06-05-2014, 01:25 AM   #959
disney meema
DIS Veteran

And my first question on this thread ... If I have left over park days from my package at wilderness lodge can they be used during our stay at Floridian for the parks? Or are they not allowed to be used after we leave wilderness lodge?
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #960
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Hi !

Dd and I just had tea at the GVTR

Have to say Riley is the best. She really is a Grand hostess

I will post pics when we get home.

I am sitting on my lounge chair with my feet up at poly. My view however is the GF!!!
Love the GF Tea. On our last visit I noticed they changed the Trifle! Before they served it from a big bowl. Now they are pre made. Still good, just different.

How's Poly?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: