Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #1846
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Popping in to say good afternoon after a 2 day break because some yard work caused us to lose tv, internet and phone service since Tuesday am!!
Makes ya realize how tied we are to our electronics and such~ We felt like fish out of water...

Hope everyone's having a terrific Thursday...(is it ok I stole your phrase, Blue??)
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #1847
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
quakechicago Ground floor rooms at the GF have enclosed patios..same as the upper floor balconies with railing..and with landscaping in front of them....not an open patio that some of the other resorts have..there are also high door locks on the sliders..to discourage any wandering from young children I would imagine...most rooms also sleep 5..and have two queen beds and a day bed..so room for everyone in your party...
Phew! Great to know! Because who did I find opening up the back door to water the plants today? (Ugh!)

Thank you!
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #1848
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
We have a gv booked, and I'm thinking about requesting "Upper floor, Boca Chica or Conch Key, facing pool." This way I'm (hopefully) avoiding the dreaded pool house view, and a marina view. I'd really like to be facing the pool, and the buildings themselves as they're all so beautiful!
I agree that the pool is a beautiful view, as are the outer buildings .

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Popping in to say good afternoon after a 2 day break because some yard work caused us to lose tv, internet and phone service since Tuesday am!!
Makes ya realize how tied we are to our electronics and such~ We felt like fish out of water...
Sorry you lost all access to everything, but glad everything is back to working . I totally agree about feeling like a fish out of water when we lose touch with our electronics ......it's really a sign we rely on them a little too much sometimes .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #1849
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I agree that the pool is a beautiful view, as are the outer buildings .

Sorry you lost all access to everything, but glad everything is back to working . I totally agree about feeling like a fish out of water when we lose touch with our electronics ......it's really a sign we rely on them a little too much sometimes .
Oh, I agree, and my hubby even more so than me... He was more out of sorts, and I realized that I missed the tv more than the other two.
But we're back in working order, so all is well...
Old 07-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #1850
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Good morning! Just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all of your help as we prepare for our first GF SL stay in 4 days! I feel like this was one of the friendliest, most helpful and positive group of people! All of you have helped me so much and I just wanted to thank all of you again! I'll post pictures of SL lounge soon!
5/01 - AKL* 4/05 - CBR* 7/06 - POFQ* 12/07 - Pop* 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC* 12/12 - Poly* 7/13 - PolyCL* 1/14 - PolyCL* 5/14 - AKLCL* 7/14 - GF SL* 11/14 - YC/GF* 6/15 - PolyCL * 7/15 - DCL Fantasy* 7/15 - AKL CL * 12/15 GF SL

Old 07-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #1851
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Good morning! Just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all of your help as we prepare for our first GF SL stay in 4 days! I feel like this was one of the friendliest, most helpful and positive group of people! All of you have helped me so much and I just wanted to thank all of you again! I'll post pictures of SL lounge soon!
I agree...this is a happy group, and such helpful info on here too. Hope you have a wonderful trip and find the GF to be as charming as we all do!
Looking forward to your photos!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #1852
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
I totally agree with you.

Have a great time at the Grand!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #1853
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes indeedy do we are. It's because we are always smiling on the inside thinking of the Grand. And that just spills over onto this forum.

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:59 AM   #1854
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I agree, and my hubby even more so than me... He was more out of sorts, and I realized that I missed the tv more than the other two.
But we're back in working order, so all is well...
LOL on your hubby being more out of sorts . I think I miss the computer more than anything else, but tv runs a close second .

Quote:
I agree.....this is a very friendly thread . I hope you have a great time and enjoy the GF. I can't wait to hear your review when you get back .

Quote:
Looking forward to your photos!
Me too .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #1855
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are happy because we know we will be at the Grand for our vacation.
Have a Grand time at the Grand!

Candy
Old 07-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #1856
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Good Morning GF group I just scanned to see the latest happenings....

Ferrentinos YAY!!! 4 days is super exciting. No real work will be done now as everything will be second fiddle to vacation dreaming.

grannyminnie So glad your cables to the outside world have been restored. It really does make you feel alone and isolated when there is no TV or internet connections. We are such an electronic society

Well....my visit to the podiatrist for what I *thought* was tendonitis turned south....it seems I have a stress fracture in my left foot. Yes indeed. You read that right. I am less than two weeks from visiting my magical place and I am in a boot (like an air cast?) on my left foot. Ugh. Doc told me to stay in this thing until I head to the parks and hopefully it will have healed enough by then so that I can tolerate walking the parks in just tennis shoes. If not....I will make DH push me in a wheelchair No way I can hobble around the parks in this boot thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed and following ALL doctor's advice and praying this thing heals enough by July 23

On a brighter note.....I placed my cake ,cupcakes, and cookies order from babycakesNYC yesterday to be delivered to the GF. Emily is so nice! Their goodies are expensive but so worth it so my youngest DD can have allergy friendly treats on vacation

Hope everyone has a terrific Friday

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #1857
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Well....my visit to the podiatrist for what I *thought* was tendonitis turned south....it seems I have a stress fracture in my left foot. Yes indeed. You read that right. I am less than two weeks from visiting my magical place and I am in a boot (like an air cast?) on my left foot. Ugh. Doc told me to stay in this thing until I head to the parks and hopefully it will have healed enough by then so that I can tolerate walking the parks in just tennis shoes. If not....I will make DH push me in a wheelchair No way I can hobble around the parks in this boot thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed and following ALL doctor's advice and praying this thing heals enough by July 23

Hope everyone has a terrific Friday
Sorry to hear about your stress fracture. Keep following your doctor's advice and hopefully all will be fine.

Enjoy your day!
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #1858
cattywampus
Mouseketeer

I wish the official Disneyworld website would update their room photos!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #1859
MaggiesMomNJ
Mouseketeer

I am pleased to announce we are officially GF - ers! Called the horrid number given out for the WL pool closure and after over 2 hours on the phone (and me crying because they made some unauthorized changes to the ressie ), we are all set.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #1860
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattywampus View Post
I wish the official Disneyworld website would update their room photos!
ME TOO!!! I don't get it, you're trying to see rooms, Disney spends bazillions (okay, exaggeration) on refurbishing the rooms and you keep the old promo photos??? Be proud, post the new pics Disney! If it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't know what the new rooms looked like! Thank goodness for the good Dis GF people.....

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: