Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
dalmatian7
Earning My Ears

Pin codes are going to be the death of me

I need opinions please. Currently we are traveling to FL (Daytona Beach) Nov 15-19. We (me, DH, and DD age almost 4) currently have a one night room only reservation for AoA. We planned on driving over from Daytona and staying over the night before our one day at MK. I didn't book this room under a pin code. I picked AoA bc DD is a Cars fan. But the look of the rooms doesn't thrill me.

This morning I get an email with a pin code, I had gotten this before but wasn't able to use it at AoA, so in playing around this morning I find the following options:

A room at Beach Club for more than AoA, but I start thinking about Stormalong Bay and walking the Boardwalk at night and think it would be cool to check this off my "I stayed there list".

A room at GF for about the same. It was really nice when we did this type of one day thing a few years ago at the Poly to get up and go right to the MK. and again the "I stayed there" thing. The pool area looks nice for DD.

If I did rebook, would I lose my BOG fastpass that was booked under my current AoA confirmation number? I have never changed a reservation so I didn't know how that worked. Also, our bands have shipped. Please tell me they will not send another set.

To throw a wrench in the whole thing, DH would rather stay in Daytona the whole time (we are staying with my grandparents). I have a fear of Orlando morning traffic and not making a 9am rope drop. Again, if I canceled everything would I lose the BOG fastpass?

What would you do and why? Is Stormalong Bay fun for small kids?
dalmatian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
LilyStar
Mouseketeer

Don't try to do it online yourself, instead call Walt Disney Travel Co. and let them know you'd like to switch resorts and give them your pin code....and your existing reservation #. See if they can find the rate with you pin code and they can change it, but you'll still retain your original res # and anything on MyDisneyExperience that you've already booked will remain the same (FP, dining, etc)

Last edited by LilyStar; 10-22-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: .
LilyStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #3
dalmatian7
Earning My Ears

Thanks, I figured it would take a phone call. Still deciding. I guess it is time to make the pro/con list.
dalmatian7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: