Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
SheilaHeartsDisney
Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Floridian Cabanas

Looks like this hasn't been discussed for a couple of years so the info may have changed since then.

So has anyone done the Grand Flordian cabanas? Did you think it was worth it? Did you get a full or half day? Anyone who may have gone in the last year do you know the pricing? I know you can make reservations 180 days in advance but I kinda want to wait till I know what the weather will be like. Anyone have trouble renting one only a couple days before they wanted to use it? Thanks!!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaHeartsDisney View Post
Looks like this hasn't been discussed for a couple of years so the info may have changed since then.

So has anyone done the Grand Flordian cabanas? Did you think it was worth it? Did you get a full or half day? Anyone who may have gone in the last year do you know the pricing? I know you can make reservations 180 days in advance but I kinda want to wait till I know what the weather will be like. Anyone have trouble renting one only a couple days before they wanted to use it? Thanks!!
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday and was trying to get info. Glad you posted!

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
SheilaHeartsDisney
Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday and was trying to get info. Glad you posted!
So I called WDW to get some info. Looks like a 9 hour day is $233 and a 4 hour day is $158. I had her check the dates of May 10th and 11th and both were completely booked for both types of time slots. Not sure if it's because that is a Saturday and Sunday but I'm thinking if you are interested in getting a cabana you need call ASAP then cancel if needed. She did say that most cancellations happen 1 -2 days beforehand and to try back then. Fingers crossed!!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
Ali
DIS Veteran

I've watched those cabanas sit unused a lot and often wondered why people were so interested in the cabanas at the Poly and not in the GF. But they are at the back of the Beach pool and I've never had trouble finding chairs there ever.
So unless you have lots of money to waste or unless it is July-September and you need shelter from the sun I wouldn;t do it.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

We had a reservation for the cabanas last summer, and canceled a few days before we arrived at the resort. And I'm glad we did. IMO, it's just not worth the cost.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

We just recently booked a half day for mid-July (10-2). I've only seen pictures online, but we booked it for an "off" day and thought it would be nice to have access to shade and drinks for taking a break. Someone over on the GF thread also indicated that they will come and take a lunch order for you too if you'd like. We are looking forward to it! :-)
yce22princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
davale4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaHeartsDisney View Post
So I called WDW to get some info. Looks like a 9 hour day is $233 and a 4 hour day is $158. I had her check the dates of May 10th and 11th and both were completely booked for both types of time slots. Not sure if it's because that is a Saturday and Sunday but I'm thinking if you are interested in getting a cabana you need call ASAP then cancel if needed. She did say that most cancellations happen 1 -2 days beforehand and to try back then. Fingers crossed!!
For some reason I was thinking it was a little cheaper, but still want to do it anyway. Thanks for the info. Hope we can get one for August. My DD and DS would enjoy it and we like to do something different every trip.

DH DW DD DS
Old 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
davale4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I've watched those cabanas sit unused a lot and often wondered why people were so interested in the cabanas at the Poly and not in the GF. But they are at the back of the Beach pool and I've never had trouble finding chairs there ever.
So unless you have lots of money to waste or unless it is July-September and you need shelter from the sun I wouldn;t do it.
I wish I had lots of money to waist . I will be waisting money on this though at least once, and the kids want to do it. Just need to include it in the budget. We like to do something we haven't done in previous trips. This is the pick this year, if we can get it. We looked into the illuminations cruise ....not happening. If I did have lots of money...then maybe...who am I kidding, I still wouldn't do it. Way too much for that.

DH DW DD DS
Old 04-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

I would definitely check on the location of the cabanas in relation/view to pool, people, etc. The setup of the cabanas as the Poly was terrible.

• 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #10
mtmbyck
I AM Canadian eh!

I have on reserved 10-2 on Monday. I'll let you know the value and view but everything I've seen makes it look pretty darn good!
mtmbyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Beware for those renting during summer months in afternoons. You can set your watch to the afternoon T-Storm!
I'm surprised they are booked up too. I've never seen many in use.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #12
donald duck rocks
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Beware for those renting during summer months in afternoons. You can set your watch to the afternoon T-Storm!
I'm surprised they are booked up too. I've never seen many in use.
We had a cabana last summer. We did the full day I believe it was 10-6. Around 4:30 a bad thunderstorm came through. They had to close the pool. They only charged us the half day price. We thought that was fair and we basically got 2 and a half hours free then. It was a nice pool day in the shade.
donald duck rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Would love to see pics and/or hear from anyone who's used a cabana (especially at GF) recently.
TIA
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: