DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

? about ROFR

I know what ROFR is but does anyone really ever get turned down? And I see it can take up to two months but is that the norm or just what they say and it's usually quicker?

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

ROFR means "right of first refusal."

Disney can take a look at the deal that the buyer and seller have agreed to contractually. if Disney likes it, they can step into the shoes of the buyer and take over for them. the seller gets their agreed-upon money from Disney, Disney gets the DVC contract (to resell later at a higher price) and the original buyer has to start over.

some contracts do get taken in ROFR by Disney but most go to the originally contracted buyer.

it can take up to 30 days IIRC and Disney likes to make people wait. it might encourage the buyer to pay more to buy direct next time...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
DenLo
DIS Veteran

DVD ROFRs a small number of deeds each month spread over all of the DVC resorts. They do it when they need points to sell again at a higher price. And sometimes I think when a deed is really bargain priced and fully loaded they cannot resist picking it up for next to nothing.

Per wdrl (my DH) DVD has averaged 24 ROFRs and 4817 points per month this year. However, ROFRs are on the rise as this past month they have already ROFRd 30 deeds and 7300 points and the month isn't over.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
DVD ROFRs a small number of deeds each month spread over all of the DVC resorts. They do it when they need points to sell again at a higher price. And sometimes I think when a deed is really bargain priced and fully loaded they cannot resist picking it up for next to nothing.

Per wdrl (my DH) DVD has averaged 24 ROFRs and 4817 points per month this year. However, ROFRs are on the rise as this past month they have already ROFRd 30 deeds and 7300 points and the month isn't over.
I didn't need to hear this today. We are on day 18.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Oh my! I'm going to be stressed during this wait time. We will have the amount we want to put down as of early Feb.2015, I plan on going late Sept.-early Oct.2015. I hope I have enough time to book the dates we need! FX crossed they have what I'm looking for too. I look at the resales a lot and there is usually one there that I would buy. I want to own at AKV, buying 160 points so we can go every other year. I'm also open to owning at a different resort other than AKV, we just always want to stay there! Love it

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
TrespassersWill
Earning My Ears

Well I don't know if it'll make you feel better DVC JEN but my BWV contract was taken this week on day 16. So you've made it past that.
TrespassersWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
weswife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrespassersWill View Post
Well I don't know if it'll make you feel better DVC JEN but my BWV contract was taken this week on day 16. So you've made it past that.

Sorry to hear...

We are on day # 10 of ROFR. We are also trying to purchase at BWV! 150 points..... makes me sad to read your post ...

Are you going to try again?

Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #8
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
I am sorry.

I understand why Disney does it.. but man it sucks for those who lose a contract they really want. I hope you find one that is even more perfect for you.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #9
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
I am sorry.

I understand why Disney does it.. but man it sucks for those who lose a contract they really want. I hope you find one that is even more perfect for you.
That's the good thing. There's always another contract...
Old 07-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
bashuck
Earning My Ears

I'm on day 4 of ROFR

I think I'm less worried about that than I am the seller stalling or not following thru after it passes ROFR. They did turn in the initial paperwork right away so it isn't that they have done anything to suggest it will be a problem but I read the sellers remorse discussion and figure they can at least delay, not sure about how such an agreement is enforced. Despite being on day 4 of ROFR it seems like FOREVER.
bashuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Silligoose
Earning My Ears

Quote:
So Sorry to hear this!! We're in day three and I think about it all the time so I can imagine the let down after a few more weeks of waiting. I hope you find an even better deal and try again.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #12
TrespassersWill
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was quite depressing to hear Disney took the contract, but as me and dw are determined to join the club we were back making offers later that day. And good luck to all of you waiting.
TrespassersWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was quite depressing to hear Disney took the contract, but as me and dw are determined to join the club we were back making offers later that day. And good luck to all of you waiting.
Two thoughts:

1 . Resale DVC can be tough if you try to chase the lowest prices reported on the ROFR thread. And sometimes the contracts taken back don't seem to make sense.

Rest assured that in the large majority of cases, you receive a massive discount on direct purchase even if you agree to full asking price. That's what I did (admittedly in a much lower resale market than is current) and it was kinda nice not to haggle. I think it made it pass by the mouse easier too.

2. Despite the glossy brochures, there is no "club." In actual experience, the only aspect of DVC that approaches a club-like atmosphere for me, is actually the discussion threads here on the Dis.

At the resorts, it is a decent timeshare in a fantastic location. Nothing more or less. My point is simply to go in to it expecting nothing more than a room discount on long-term repeat lodging.

Other discounts or membership experiences will come and go. Seeing those as a bonus, rather than something to expect as part of a club, will make you appreciate DVC more as the years go by.

Do rest assured that the large majority of contracts (that aren't bargain basement priced) sail through ROFR without problems. I'm very confident that you will have better luck with the next one.
Msmithmd is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: