Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 749

Where FP+ Is Going

Another poster started a thread that linked an article on micechat about the author's impressions of FP+ and Bob Iger.

That article linked to another about Disney's FP+ survey, which had to predate the article's date of March 9, 2014:

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/20...d-enhancements

This survey clearly shows that Disney is considering just about every option you've seen put forth on these boards by many of us.

If you're content to wallow in the misery that comes from thinking that "this is all there is and will ever be," even though it wasn't then and isn't now applied to 50% of the guests yet, don't click the link.

If you want to know what Disney was and is thinking, even before full implementation, click the link.
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherScott View Post
If you want to know what Disney was and is thinking, even before full implementation, click the link.
Even THAT postulation is debateable.
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran
 
2girlsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa area
Posts: 4,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherScott View Post
Another poster started a thread that linked an article on micechat about the author's impressions of FP+ and Bob Iger.

That article linked to another about Disney's FP+ survey, which had to predate the article's date of March 9, 2014:

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/20...d-enhancements

This survey clearly shows that Disney is considering just about every option you've seen put forth on these boards by many of us.

If you're content to wallow in the misery that comes from thinking that "this is all there is and will ever be," even though it wasn't then and isn't now applied to 50% of the guests yet, don't click the link.

If you want to know what Disney was and is thinking, even before full implementation, click the link.
Please explain what 50% of guests that aren't on FP+ now?? Since all onsite guests have had access at 60 days for basically a year, Annual passholders got last month access at 30 days out, and as of this week any offsite guest that chooses to link their ticket has access 30 days out too (plus all offsites have had access at the kiosks for months), I'm not finding many left without access (do castmembers/guests on comp tickets have yet? That's the one exception that I can think of, and that would certainly NOT account for 50%)

I do think there will be changes, and would say that the one constant here is always change, but talk is cheap. Once they start actually IMPLEMENTING any changes, I'll be a lot more interested in what they "plan" to do.
__________________
Kristi
me,dh Rick,Meag & Catie

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Even THAT postulation is debateable.
As if anything isn't?

That's the great thing about non-falsifiable claims.
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
Please explain what 50% of guests that aren't on FP+ now?? Since all onsite guests have had access at 60 days for basically a year, Annual passholders got last month access at 30 days out, and as of this week any offsite guest that chooses to link their ticket has access 30 days out too (plus all offsites have had access at the kiosks for months), I'm not finding many left without access (do castmembers/guests on comp tickets have yet? That's the one exception that I can think of, and that would certainly NOT account for 50%)

I do think there will be changes, and would say that the one constant here is always change, but talk is cheap. Once they start actually IMPLEMENTING any changes, I'll be a lot more interested in what they "plan" to do.
Onsite guests have had pre-booking access for over a year? EDIT: "Basically" a year?

FP+ was a Fankenstein monster through January of this year, with varying degrees of access depending on where one happened to be staying on a given day and how many old KTTW cards they had scrapbooked. Offsite guests (Over 50% of daily park guests) have had no access to pre-booking till now.

And yet before March 9, Disney had already been conducting surveys to see what people liked about it and what they would like to see going forward.

Quote:
I do think there will be changes, and would say that the one constant here is always change, but talk is cheap. Once they start actually IMPLEMENTING any changes, I'll be a lot more interested in what they "plan" to do.
If change occurs, it's usually after something else occurred.

Last edited by OtherScott; 04-01-2014 at 12:54 PM.
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
 
FlipHipster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 472

Option C

B would never work, the system would crash everyday at 1:00:05 when everyone jumps on to try to get afternoon FP.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,951

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherScott View Post
Another poster started a thread that linked an article on micechat about the author's impressions of FP+ and Bob Iger.

That article linked to another about Disney's FP+ survey, which had to predate the article's date of March 9, 2014:

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/20...d-enhancements

This survey clearly shows that Disney is considering just about every option you've seen put forth on these boards by many of us.

If you're content to wallow in the misery that comes from thinking that "this is all there is and will ever be," even though it wasn't then and isn't now applied to 50% of the guests yet, don't click the link.

If you want to know what Disney was and is thinking, even before full implementation, click the link.
Oh yea, when someone else posted the survey they got from Disney I was all like ... "Hey, if they made some (even 1) of those changes, I could get behind FP+" Especially the, as you use FP+s you can pick more, but can only hold 3 at a time option.

My problem is that my trip is in 31 days .... and we locked into the trip last summer, before any of the real crap about FP+ was rolled out or understood.

I am relatively certain they will make changes, and the system will work better for the commando types than it does now, of course, that will only prove many of us right.
__________________
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Oh yea, when someone else posted the survey they got from Disney I was all like ... "Hey, if they made some (even 1) of those changes, I could get behind FP+" Especially the, as you use FP+s you can pick more, but can only hold 3 at a time option.

My problem is that my trip is in 31 days .... and we locked into the trip last summer, before any of the real crap about FP+ was rolled out or understood.

I am relatively certain they will make changes, and the system will work better for the commando types than it does now, of course, that will only prove many of us right.
I feel your pain. We were there in late October when the last of the resorts were coming online and anyone with an internet connection was searching old shoe boxes for KTTW cards. It was the sum of all fears, keeping me glued to the iPad and pestering the hell out of everyone in our group about staying on schedule - and yet it worked out.

Hope yours does too.
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
OtherScott
Laugh
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 749

Something I believe is true but have no proof:

Today, someone is testing out additional FPs.
OtherScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.