Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #271
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hello!

April was quite the month, not so great for my weight, but decisions have been made, and some good changes are taking place.

We got a new puppy.

This was two+ weeks ago and she is already bigger.

She was a rescure, so some health issues to deal with, but overall she is a great dog. I don't think we rescued her, I think she rescued me.

Oh mylanta, she is ADORABLE!! Congratulations! Nice to be able to fill your lives with puppy love again, I'm sure!! And you rescued each other!

Name??

I increased my vitamin d intake and almost feel human again. Our weather is still not great. Warmer, but cloudy a lot and I definitely think I have a huge vit d deficiency, because I can really tell on the days I skip it.

Perhaps that is what I should be doing. I am SO done with this winter-ish weather, I could absolutely have a freak out!!

And lastly we put an offer on a house. We'll see. Not what we wanted to happen, but we are both ready for some stability. Three years of trying to be somewhere else gets to be mentally and physically taxing after a while. So it is time, to work with what we have and be grateful.

Glad you can see some positive there. Make a small list of the blessings you have in your current situation and perhaps that will make you smile a bit about staying put.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to spend a lot of time getting myself set up for a successful May. Enough is enough.

It definitely needs to be a no excuses May.

I hope the threads are going to continue in some form or another in May, because I really need the support.
You KNOW I'll be there to support you.... so even if it is only a handful of us, we can totally have an amazing, marvelous, stupendous, "no-excuses" rockin' MAY!! I'm ready for it as well! Did a real RUN yesterday for the first time in FOREVER and the sense of accomplishment was nothing short of SUPERB!! I'm ready to have that feeling again!

Rose, I was SO HAPPY to hear from you first thing this morning.... with all of the tornado talk in the news today, you KNOW my thoughts go to you immediately! Stay safe and keep posting so I know you are okay!

Morning my friends!! Happy Tuesday! I was given the option to say NO to working at school today, so I took it. I have plenty to do here to keep me busy.... laundry, dishes, meals, and of course, getting ready for my WW meeting tonight. Plus some bills to pay and of COURSE, a workout to fit in there somewhere!

Like I mentioned above, I finished my first real RUN (as opposed to a walk/run/walk/run) in a long time yesterday. It wasn't for speed (I tend to be a naturally faster runner and have to work on going slower if I want to add distance) and while it wasn't much of a distance, it was more than I have done in a VERY long time! I stopped at the half way mark for 90 seconds to reset my timer and change my music and cross the road and then didn't stop again until the end point. My return run was faster than going out (not surprising, since it was more downhill) and I ended up having to run in my usual cool-down zone to finish the time.... but I was okay with that! For today's workout I am trying a new Jillian Michaels/Biggest Loser DVD that one of my WW members gave me. I'm sure JM will be kicking my a** hard today!

Off to post the QOTD and have some breakfast and keep the laundry moving along! BBL to chat and update page one!..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #272
pjlla
<><

QOTD for Tuesday, April 29, 2014:

In what ways are you thinking and acting differently since starting on this healthy journey?

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #273
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Hello!

April was quite the month, not so great for my weight, but decisions have been made, and some good changes are taking place.

We got a new puppy.

This was two+ weeks ago and she is already bigger.

She was a rescure, so some health issues to deal with, but overall she is a great dog. I don't think we rescued her, I think she rescued me.

I increased my vitamin d intake and almost feel human again. Our weather is still not great. Warmer, but cloudy a lot and I definitely think I have a huge vit d deficiency, because I can really tell on the days I skip it.

And lastly we put an offer on a house. We'll see. Not what we wanted to happen, but we are both ready for some stability. Three years of trying to be somewhere else gets to be mentally and physically taxing after a while. So it is time, to work with what we have and be grateful.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to spend a lot of time getting myself set up for a successful May. Enough is enough.

It definitely needs to be a no excuses May.

I hope the threads are going to continue in some form or another in May, because I really need the support.
HOLY CUTENESS Award!! what a sweet looking baby.. and I know excatly how you feel about her rescuing you - exactly how I feel about my Hunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

In what ways are you thinking and acting differently since starting on this healthy journey?
My mantra the past week has been "it's hard but it's worth it and this is for life, this is for my life" I am really taking it serious this time - last year at this time I weighted about 165 and got right back up to my starting weight in NO time.. I am going slower thru the Atkins rungs this time to really see what affects me and what doesn't.. I also move more.. I keep my Pedometer on and try to get the highest number I can.. shoot for more then 7,500 (even though I know 10,000 is what you should get)

Michelle

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #274
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
My mantra the past week has been "it's hard but it's worth it and this is for life, this is for my life" I am really taking it serious this time - last year at this time I weighted about 165 and got right back up to my starting weight in NO time.. I am going slower thru the Atkins rungs this time to really see what affects me and what doesn't.. I also move more.. I keep my Pedometer on and try to get the highest number I can.. shoot for more then 7,500 (even though I know 10,000 is what you should get)

Michelle
So proud of you for NEVER giving up the journey to make your life healthier!!

Busy day here at home with laundry, bill paying, etc, but I managed a 20 minute workout.... but it wasn't the JM DVD because my DVD player isn't working. I'll have to have DS take a look at it tonight. Instead I did a circuit of arms and legs with a bit of abs thrown in.

I'm showered and half of my lunch is eaten. I need to figure out what I'm wearing to work tonight and get it pressed and onto my body! Dinner for my men is defrosting and they can heat it when they are ready. My dinner is a homemade bean stew of sorts, made up with some precooked beans I had and some leftovers.... not thrilling, but warm and filling and it will be ready to eat when I walk in the door! That is a huge bonus!

Gonna dash for now, since I have to be ready for work by 2:30, when I leave to pick up DS from school!

BTW, page one has been updated with any new numbers I've received since Friday! TTYL............P

Old 04-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #275
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Popping in again. Trying to make this a part of my routine.

I'm gonna need some serious help in May. I have a physical in June (soonest I can do it) for a life insurance policy. I need need need to be in better shape by then!! More so for me than for the insurance policy but this is my goal. Plus I need to go clothes shopping for DS17 and DS13's graduations. I'm aiming for 2 different dresses if I feel good about myself. I hate clothes shopping when I am in a bad mental place so I will just buy something that looks "ok" and bolt from the store. I don't want to do that this time!!!

Anyway, rambling.

Had a bad food day, but on the up side I did get a mile and a half walk in. I plan to do it again tomorrow but with running. Was with a friend on trails so we walked. Tomorrow I will be by myself.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #276
pjlla
<><

QOTD for Wednesday, April 30, 2014:

Since it is WOOHOO Wednesday AND the last day of the month, please share a WOOHOO that you had sometime in April!! This is the time to look back on the month and reflect on the POSITIVE changes you made and the good choices you made and to toss away the negativity and bad thoughts!

Old 04-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #277
pjlla
<><

HUGE shout-out to Dona for stepping up at the last minute to be our May coach and for having our May thread already up and running!! WTG! Now everyone grab a moving buddy and be ready for the big move tomorrow.... and don't forget to invite a friend!

BAMB, I promised to be your moving buddy... are you ready to go??? I am!

Well, I'm off to work today and not sure if I will have any computer time, so no promises for now about chatting, but I will definitely be back after work and exercise time this evening! Come on folks, let's finish up April STRONG!! ............P

Old 04-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #278
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Popping in again. Trying to make this a part of my routine.

I'm gonna need some serious help in May. I have a physical in June (soonest I can do it) for a life insurance policy. I need need need to be in better shape by then!! More so for me than for the insurance policy but this is my goal. Plus I need to go clothes shopping for DS17 and DS13's graduations. I'm aiming for 2 different dresses if I feel good about myself. I hate clothes shopping when I am in a bad mental place so I will just buy something that looks "ok" and bolt from the store. I don't want to do that this time!!!

Anyway, rambling.

Had a bad food day, but on the up side I did get a mile and a half walk in. I plan to do it again tomorrow but with running. Was with a friend on trails so we walked. Tomorrow I will be by myself.
Glad you are going to make us part of your routine! SO WISH I could be there to walk/run with you! We could laugh and talk and it would go by so quickly!

Have a wonderful day and good luck with the dress shopping!............P

Old 04-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #279
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Thank you Pamela.
The puppies name is Jessie. She is pretty awesome, too smart actually. She has had some health issues so she can't go to doggie daycare and no matter what we do she manages to get her crate open. So I have been coming home from work to some surprises.
Congrats on your run! It is a great feeling of accomplishment.
We did not get the bad storms this time, thank goodness! My sister is in NC and she said it was quite crazy there yesterday.

Quote:

Ok, I am still very proud of the fact that I have not had a diet soda since Jan 2010. But I am having trouble coming up with something positive for this year.

On the negative side, I have started drinking regular coke way too regularly.
So by my estimates if I consumed 36 ounces a week over the last year, that is 21840 calories or 6.24 pounds! And I might be conservative with my consumption. I have that nasty sugar craving and I can tell my body is just so unhappy with me. It is just so stinking addictive!!

But I gave up DC cold turkey, so that is what I am doing with regular coke. Had my last one on Monday. This is going to be painful, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
HOLY CUTENESS Award!! what a sweet looking baby.. and I know excatly how you feel about her rescuing you - exactly how I feel about my Hunny

Michelle
Thank you Michelle!
I like your mantra.
This quote was posted on the exercise thread and I really liked it. I compare myself way too much--I compare to how I used to be, how I'd like to be and to others--and it is not productive.
Comparison is the Thief of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

Congrats on getting in those workouts Buffy!

Quote:
QOTD for Wednesday, April 30, 2014:

Since it is WOOHOO Wednesday AND the last day of the month, please share a WOOHOO that you had sometime in April!! This is the time to look back on the month and reflect on the POSITIVE changes you made and the good choices you made and to toss away the negativity and bad thoughts!
Hmmm, I did not wait until May to get back on the wagon.

Hope everyone has a great last day of April! I am off today, though I have to go to a work lunch. Not eating (don't feel like dealing with the gf thing) so I will have a tea. Meal planning is on my agenda for the day and laundry. We have puppy training class tonight.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #280
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

where has this month gone? wow I've really lost touch here and sad about that!

Woohoo Wed -- well I'm so proud of myself for getting a challenge going between us girls going to Vegas (in 10 days but who's counting) and sticking to my food journaling this month!!! that is HUGE for me!!

see ya over in the may thread!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #281
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
where has this month gone? wow I've really lost touch here and sad about that!

Woohoo Wed -- well I'm so proud of myself for getting a challenge going between us girls going to Vegas (in 10 days but who's counting) and sticking to my food journaling this month!!! that is HUGE for me!!

see ya over in the may thread!
Great job sticking with the food journaling! I awarded a 50 pound medal to one of my members last night and she said tracking her food has been the KEY to her success this time!

Have a WONDERFUL time in Vegas~!! ......................P

Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #282
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Thank you Pamela.
The puppies name is Jessie. She is pretty awesome, too smart actually. She has had some health issues so she can't go to doggie daycare and no matter what we do she manages to get her crate open. So I have been coming home from work to some surprises.

Be sure to lock up your shoes! Jessie is a GREAT name! Hopefully puppy classes will help.

Congrats on your run! It is a great feeling of accomplishment.

It definitely FELT like an accomplishment, after being away from any distance for a long time. It was only 2 miles, but my time was acceptable.

We did not get the bad storms this time, thank goodness! My sister is in NC and she said it was quite crazy there yesterday.

Prayers that she stays safe!

Ok, I am still very proud of the fact that I have not had a diet soda since Jan 2010. But I am having trouble coming up with something positive for this year.

On the negative side, I have started drinking regular coke way too regularly.
So by my estimates if I consumed 36 ounces a week over the last year, that is 21840 calories or 6.24 pounds! And I might be conservative with my consumption. I have that nasty sugar craving and I can tell my body is just so unhappy with me. It is just so stinking addictive!!

But I gave up DC cold turkey, so that is what I am doing with regular coke. Had my last one on Monday. This is going to be painful, I think.

The sugar withdrawal AND the caffeine withdrawal will be tough.... but you are stronger than that soda pop! Be sure to have some headache remedies at hand and perhaps even enjoy an adult beverage in the evening as a reward to skipping the cola.

Thank you Michelle!
I like your mantra.
This quote was posted on the exercise thread and I really liked it. I compare myself way too much--I compare to how I used to be, how I'd like to be and to others--and it is not productive.
Comparison is the Thief of Joy

LOVE that quote.... SO TRUE! I was ready to lament about how my "measly" 2 mile run was nothing compared to the 5-6 good miles I was doing a few summers ago.... but I stopped myself and remembered to be happy with the NOW!

Hmmm, I did not wait until May to get back on the wagon.

YEAHHHHH!!
Hope everyone has a great last day of April! I am off today, though I have to go to a work lunch. Not eating (don't feel like dealing with the gf thing) so I will have a tea. Meal planning is on my agenda for the day and laundry. We have puppy training class tonight.
Hope the training classes are fun! Give Jessie some Disboard love from us!

Okay ladies and gents.... it seems like it is time to make the BIG MOVE to May! It has truly been a PLEASURE and an HONOR being your hostess for April. It was a quiet month, and we didn't have big crazy losses, but it was nice to know that so many of us just continue to TRY HARD and DO OUR BEST! I'll pop in here over the next few days to see if there is any residual chatter and to make sure that everyone has made the move to May successfully. I'll also update page one if there are any last minute changes that anyone would like to add. Otherwise, see you on the shiny new May thread!..................P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: