Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #181
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
TRACKING and PLANNING is what get's me going again..

Seems like that is key for a LOT of us!!

Oh seems I missed a board when I was updating - my gram finally passed (for the good of all) on 4/5 .. we had the services last Wed 4/9..

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope she didn't suffer. How are you doing with it?

Hubs and I live in a nice mobile home park and so we have a great place to walk so it's likely we'll cancel.. soon..
I am lucky enough to live in a great area for walking as well. Just hilly enough to get your heart rate up, but not crazy (unless I go for more mileage.... then it gets really hilly!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
Managed to have a good weekend - tracked the whole time and I squeezed in 2 5K walks.

WOOHOO!!

I have the weeks lunches and dinner planned out already so that should go pretty smoothly as well. Spending the day shopping with the ladies on Tuesday, but I know what restaurant we will hit, so I have already checked out the points and I know what I am going to order.

Good job, thinking and planning ahead like that!

I wish the weather would co-operate. It has been between 14-20C (I think that is about 62-72F) for the past couple of days. Tomorrow - dropping below zero and 10cm of snow! IS IT EVER GOING TO END?????
Sounds like our weather as well! Near record high temps here yesterday (upper 70's F), but rain today and possible light snow tomorrow!! Mother Nature is just a big TEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
Wow! You must feel ready for this week coming at ya? sad and rather frustrating about the weather. Frosty here in Shropshire for us tonight, but it is due to clear skies and full moon we will probably have around 11 degrees tomorrow. But it makes such a difference when it is a bit brighter and warmer doesn't it? SNOW are the little ones fed up of building snowmen? (And now I can't stop thinking about that song from frozen )

"Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman." Okay Anna, then let's make it a SAND CASTLE!!

Sounds like we can plan, but the weather is still take it as it comes, it will all be ok I think
Wish we could PLAN the weather!!

Morning all! SUPER BIG apology for not getting page one updated yesterday, as promised. I have NO good excuse other than the fact that I forgot about it until this morning.

Working 2nd grade today. I brought my sneakers in the hopes of squeezing in a walk during my break, but it is pouring rain out now, so that won't happen. Working both jobs today, so that was my only opportunity, since I didn't do it this morning.

Anyone see the lunar eclipse last night? I live in a good viewing spot, but the cloud cover was too thick. I did actually get up and go out into the driveway in the middle of the night in my pajamas and bare freet (it was nice and warm!), but saw nothing but darkness. oh well.

Green smoothie again today. I am actually growing to enjoy a smoothie for breakfast! I bring it along with me and try to drink it slowly and it definitely helps keep me from getting hungry so quickly. Today was almond milk, power greens, pumpkin, fresh ginger, cinnamon, a dash of stevia and just a splash of DS's green juice (Green Machine) for some sweetness. I would have liked it a bit sweeter, but overall it was okay. It was a LOVELY bright green, compared to yesterday's muddy green (because of the berry juice). And I was more patient with the blending today and the greens were much smoother.

Any one want to share a smoothie recipe??

TTYL...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #182
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Pam -- when you say you eat low-carb for a few days or week, do you have a specific ratio of carbs/fat/protein you aim for? or a carb count you stay below?

Tuesday 4/15/14 QOTD -- Happy Tax Day! Anyone using tax refunds to support your healthy lifestyle?

sadly, tax refunds here are going into the college fund that's good, but not anything fun or motivating!

well I can report that I did get back on track yesterday and journaled every bite and stayed in range. thanks for the accountability

yesterday I went to pilates, first time going to pilates since before I was sick with cushing's. funny how everything again is like the first time...my body is so different and so weak. but I went and I was pleasantly surprised how much I was able to do. now, let's talk about my absolutely SORE muscles today!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #183
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Pam -- when you say you eat low-carb for a few days or week, do you have a specific ratio of carbs/fat/protein you aim for? or a carb count you stay below?

Tuesday 4/15/14 QOTD -- Happy Tax Day! Anyone using tax refunds to support your healthy lifestyle?

sadly, tax refunds here are going into the college fund that's good, but not anything fun or motivating!

well I can report that I did get back on track yesterday and journaled every bite and stayed in range. thanks for the accountability

yesterday I went to pilates, first time going to pilates since before I was sick with cushing's. funny how everything again is like the first time...my body is so different and so weak. but I went and I was pleasantly surprised how much I was able to do. now, let's talk about my absolutely SORE muscles today!
Thanks P - I am doing ok.. mostly because I know she (and my parents who were caring for her) is much better off the last month was just HORRID and the 8 months prior due to her stoke was more and more difficult each day.. she had a nice long life (almost 87 yrs old) and had 6 children, 11 grandkids, and 23 great-grandkids who all loved her.. plus my grandfather and my Uncle were waiting to welcome her in the gates..

QotD --- tax refund.. nope.. I get back very little from federal and had to pay a very small amount to state so I pretty much am even.. well I guess about 2 months ago we spent the federal on a family dinner including my sister and her GF, Hubs, Myself, the kids and my mom! so that was fun..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #184
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Taxes in taxes out

Quote:

Tax rebate equals zilch but I do get a rebate for gift aid to charity, so that goes back to charity.
We cleaned out the garage... I found my old step and dusted it down... Guess what I am using to workout with Cher tomorrow I think I can sense sore muscles will be the order of the day
lloydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #185
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Quote:

Tax refund ?!? Dh and I are both self employed, so we had to write Uncle Sam a very large check yesterday.

As for weight loss, well . I am still on medical restriction. I went to my OTF class twice last week and then this morning. My trainer knows I am injured, so she is torturing me extra special lately. She has said multiple times "sucks to be injured, doesn't it?" in such an evil voice. Despite her best efforts, I GAINED this week. It was only half a pound, but it was a major disappointment. We cruise in 3 weeks and this injury thing is really killing my goals.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #186
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
qotd Sat: I did a whopping one minute plank. That was my exercise. Today I will do a yoga video then it's back to the regular week day routine.

qotd Sun: nothing crazy for me; I'm too much of a chicken to be radical!

------
Susan-hope you are getting better. Tomorrow my son is auditioning for the choir at the OR Bach Festival held in Eugene every summer. I'm nervous because his choir teacher hasn't written his letter of recommendation yet. She has promised she will give it to him in the morning. He's also waiting on another letter from a regular teacher for a scholarship for voice lessons. Gotta figure out how to make a CD or post a video for them to review. It would be very nice to have somebody else pay for his lessons!

Pamela--fantastic job on the popcorn! Oh, we know all about college bills. DS1 is in his second year. Hope DS2 gets lots of scholarships, because we have no idea how we're paying for the second kid!

After church today DH and I are going to a used book store in Portland (Powell's!) hoping they will buy some of the books my in-laws made us take when we took a bookcase from their house (I took some to the local bookstore and got a check for $130-which I sent to them). We are trying to assimilate all the stuff they gave us, but it's hard. A ton of our stuff has been moved to the attic. But the piano is pretty much in tune, says DS. Also gonna hit Ikea to get a chair for DS. I realllly want to move a bed out of the teeny bedroom and get a chair that turns into a bed. May have to wait til DS1 is out of college and hopefully on his own before I do that!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Hope you had fun at Powells and Ikea! She didn't mention that both places are really fun lol. Good luck to you guys with the voice lessons-- bach festival is huge here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I'm back! I'm at school with no plans to speak of, but I figured out some stuff to do for reading and math and the teacher did leave a plan for science/writing, so we should be good.

DD called last night to announce that her proposal paper was accepted to be presented to the International Marine Congress (... something like that....IMCC) and so in August she will be heading to Scotland!!! I"m so jealous I could spit, but SO excited for her! And doubly excited that this trip will be paid for with a GRANT, so other than paying to extend her stay so she can do some sightseeing, this won't cost me an arm and a leg!

I went out for my walk/run yesterday after school and definitely felt like the "exercise gods" were conspiring against me. First of all, it was MUCH colder than I thought and I was freezing in my yoga pants and zip-up hoodie. I ended up pulling the sleeves down over my hands and even put up the hood! Then, of course, my old lady bladder was totally feeling weak and every run segment was an effort in HOLDING IT! Plus I started running and realized I forgot to change into my running bra and my regular bra just doesn't cut it! I gave in and cut my walk/run short by half. Sure, it was better than nothing, but it felt like a failure. If tomorrow's scale number isn't what I want, I have NO ONE to blame but myself!!

Tonight is Taco salad night at my house.... anyone else have something more interesting planned for dinner?

Kiddos are here! TTYL.....................P
This post made me LOL. Been there done it...

Sorry I've been non existent. Been busy with taking daughter to appointments etc. BTW still don't know the sex since the little turd was turned around the last 2 ultrasounds...Also been pretty involved with the union lately over an ordinance the city council is going to vote on soon mandating first day sick pay. I got to meet with the Mayor lately (who I adore) and spoke last night at a city council meeting. We have sick pay but it isn't until your third scheduled missed day lol. It's like not having it at all. Part of my speech was about how bad my back was in the past--the first time I really did it I had to have a wheel chair and I remember my husband actually having to carry me to the toilet. Made me realize how far I've come with it. I now virtually have No back pain. I may not be skinny but this was my whole motivation for losing weight and it was good to remember it.
Well I have to go work out. Been barely squeezing in workout between meetings, and my daughter added to my schedule lately. Today's my birthday too so I'll be going to a killer chinese buffet--better work out good lol.
Sorry I've missed weigh ins-- decided this month is a bust but I'd still like to hang out when I can till May. I'm still maintaining anyway guess that's good.TTFN
Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #187
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

No tax day here for me! We are not even required to file a tax declaration if your only source of income is your regular pay check and you are already getting taxes deducted from that. BUT you would be stupid not to file as most people will get money back. However because the state would rather like to keep your money longer, you have actually up to three years to file (if they owe you money, if you owe them money you have to file by the end of May).

I am hoping to get my taxes done before my vacation though. Hopefully when I come home I will have a nice letter that they sent me some money! Which would go into my travel funds and my general savings - won't use it for anything healthy.

Hope you all had a better start to the week than me. I ended up with a massive headache yesterday so that I did not do my exercise. And the headache was still around when I got home from work today. I was so not wanting to do my program. But then I took Pam's advice and thought I should just start it and if it still feels bad after 10 minutes I will be allowed to stop. And the opposite was the case. It did me so good!! Now i am feeling happy and energised! Off to doing a little bit of housework before heading to bed for hopefully a good rest!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #188
Raenstoirm

Yay! We booked a night at Swan post cruise. I have never stayed at a non-disney disney hotel before, but we got an awesome rate and we used amex points so it was "free." We are also planning on having a car for the first time since the 90s, so we won't have to go back to the hotel to grab our bags and wait for ME giving us at least an extra hour or two in the parks. So exciting! I hope the floating FP+ thing is in play and that 7dmt has FP+ when we are there. Also it is the last day of flower and garden, so we will have to swing by there and see the new booths. So much to do in 36 hours at WDW!

Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #189
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Yay! We booked a night at Swan post cruise. I have never stayed at a non-disney disney hotel before, but we got an awesome rate and we used amex points so it was "free." We are also planning on having a car for the first time since the 90s, so we won't have to go back to the hotel to grab our bags and wait for ME giving us at least an extra hour or two in the parks. So exciting! I hope the floating FP+ thing is in play and that 7dmt has FP+ when we are there. Also it is the last day of flower and garden, so we will have to swing by there and see the new booths. So much to do in 36 hours at WDW!
we the Swan! you will have a great night stay there, the beds are heavenly after all! the rooms are very spacious

well my QOTD flopped a big one today hopefully tomorrow there will be much happiness and cheer for

QOTD Wed 4/16 -- WOO HOO Wednesday

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #190
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Fp+ glad of any guidance...

Quote:
Not sure when you will go, we are going end of July. We were talking about Fp plus today. We booked through travel agents who we think will send us the 'old style' paper tickets. Not sure how we can book the rides, if you have any tips please let us know ... So excited for you
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #191
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo Wednesday ...

Quote:
well my QOTD flopped a big one today hopefully tomorrow there will be much happiness and cheer for

QOTD Wed 4/16 -- WOO HOO Wednesday

Woo Hoo, I got that old step out from the garage yesterday. Put the Cher DVD on today, did the 40 mins, couldn't keep going with the arms kept going with the step though and was near the top end for working heart rate, so not so upset about not managing arms
Took the dogs on a long walk, got two loads of washing done, third is just finishing. Stripped the beds and did some housework ( but boring I know). Bit scary, off to watch a friendly match tonight (rounders, which is a bit like baseball) and then realise how good other teams are
Still pretty WOO HOO for me though.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #192
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Wishing away that headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hope you all had a better start to the week than me. I ended up with a massive headache yesterday so that I did not do my exercise. And the headache was still around when I got home from work today. I was so not wanting to do my program. But then I took Pam's advice and thought I should just start it and if it still feels bad after 10 minutes I will be allowed to stop. And the opposite was the case. It did me so good!! Now i am feeling happy and energised! Off to doing a little bit of housework before heading to bed for hopefully a good rest!
I hope you got rid of that headache Magdalene and that you feel better now. You sound like you are back to yourself
I have been going back through posts to take your advice on the plank. My BMI is obese and I worry about stress on my joints, but I wanted to give it a go.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #193
Raenstoirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
Not sure when you will go, we are going end of July. We were talking about Fp plus today. We booked through travel agents who we think will send us the 'old style' paper tickets. Not sure how we can book the rides, if you have any tips please let us know ... So excited for you
Easy peasy. If they send you the paper tickets, just go the WDW website and enter the code on the back. That will link them to MDE. If they booked you a package it is likely there won't be any tickets though. They should give you a confirmation number that you can plug into the WDW website and everything should pop up (tickets, room, food, photos, etc)

Old 04-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #194
Raenstoirm

Today was the 2nd day on a row I went to my OTF class. It was not my main trainer teaching today, so I "snuck" on to the treadmill for 2 blocks (there are 4 blocks per class) and did the bike the other 2. My foot hurts pretty bad, but I was up slightly again this morning, so I am officially headed in the wrong direction on the scale, so I have to do something. A little extra pain is worth it to me to see the scale go back to moving down!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #195
lloydy
Mouseketeer

Thank you

Quote:
Easy peasy. If they send you the paper tickets, just go the WDW website and enter the code on the back. That will link them to MDE. If they booked you a package it is likely there won't be any tickets though. They should give you a confirmation number that you can plug into the WDW website and everything should pop up (tickets, room, food, photos, etc)
It is a package - thank you for the info. We should get their paperwork in the next week or so. I will check for the confirmation number. We have only been in the foyer for Swan to pick up a rental car ( or maybe it was the dolphin ) but it looked very clean and continental - if that makes sense. I bet you are really looking forward to it.
I am losing a tiny bit of weight, but desperately trying to up the exercise to try and lose a bit more each week. It is a battle. Fingers crossed for you that things improve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: