Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #46
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,617

Hey Rose - Thank you for hosting this. It has really been a great help.

I am in for 2000 again this month, though it will be more of a challenge this month with so much business travel scheduled.



My tally so far - 144/2000

70 minutes for P90X Chest & Back and P90X Abs, 74 minutes running (20 of which was warm-up/cool-down)
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #47
Heather.Mohler
Mouseketeer
 
Heather.Mohler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
Posts: 245

I'm in for 750!

4/1/14 - 63/750

Heather
__________________
March 1996 - off site, March 2007 - All Stars Movies and Sports and Port Orleans French Quarter, January 2008 - All Star Sports, January 2009 - Beach Club Concierge, April 2009 - Buena Vista Suites, October 2009 - Caribbean Beach for MNSSHP, December 2009 - All Star Sports for MVMCP, September 2010 - All Star Movies for MNSSHP, January 2011 - Pop Century, September 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP, January 2012 - Sheraton Suites for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter for MNSSHP and MVMCP, January 2013 - Off Property for Florida Flute Convention Performance, October 2013 -
Heather.Mohler is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #48
mainemooncat
Mouseketeer
 
mainemooncat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 150

April 2 Update

Thanks for all the welcoming words to us newbies!

Strength training/cardio intervals this morning, so total goes to:

60/900.

Hope everyone is having a great day now that spring has started in earnest (for most of us, anyway).
__________________
mainemooncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #49
WannaBinPictures
Earning My Ears
 
WannaBinPictures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 63

130/1900

76 today

8 stairs (kill me every time LOL)
45 weight training
23 arc trainer
__________________
WannaBinPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #50
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer
 
swissfamilyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
Yay!!! We got a great price on Aladdin tickets for Easter day, so that's what prompted the trip. We're also seeing a couple more shows while we're there and spending some time at the 9/11 museum. What about you? What fun agenda do you have?

Join with me in sending out good weather vibes!!
Ain't it the truth - the weather has been terrible!

I am still working on our agenda, and actually we will be flying home Easter afternoon. I've been scoping out any NYC threads to get ideas, along with what are our "must-dos". DD moved to Manhattan in January, so hopefully she has her bearings enough to help us get around.

We want to see at least one show - not sure if it'll be The Lion King or Aladdin. We are able to get good rates for one of these shows since DD works for Disney. I need to go ahead and purchase those tickets and then we'll probably do rush or lottery for another show.

The only thing on my DS agenda is: eat pizza from a street vendor, eat a hot dog from a street vendor and go to the Nintendo store! LOL - I think I can put those on the list.
__________________
DH Me DD DD DS
swissfamilyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #51
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccam31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfamilyrobinson View Post
Ain't it the truth - the weather has been terrible! I am still working on our agenda, and actually we will be flying home Easter afternoon. I've been scoping out any NYC threads to get ideas, along with what are our "must-dos". DD moved to Manhattan in January, so hopefully she has her bearings enough to help us get around. We want to see at least one show - not sure if it'll be The Lion King or Aladdin. We are able to get good rates for one of these shows since DD works for Disney. I need to go ahead and purchase those tickets and then we'll probably do rush or lottery for another show. The only thing on my DS agenda is: eat pizza from a street vendor, eat a hot dog from a street vendor and go to the Nintendo store! LOL - I think I can put those on the list.
Fair requests, those. We are also seeing Newsies and Matilda. How cool that your daughter lives there. She'll have lots of great things to show you!
__________________
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
rebeccam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #52
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer
 
swissfamilyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
Fair requests, those. We are also seeing Newsies and Matilda. How cool that your daughter lives there. She'll have lots of great things to show you!
We saw Matilda when I helped her move in January. Loved it!!!
__________________
DH Me DD DD DS
swissfamilyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #53
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,583

I've moved onto the 5k to 10k part of my 10k Runner app. 4 miles today!

70/1500
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #54
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccam31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 609

It's fantastic. My daughter and I saw it with some friends in July, but we want my husband to see it, too, so we're going again.
__________________
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
rebeccam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #55
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,230

Updating through post #54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer View Post
I want to join in, too. I have less than 4 weeks left until my vacation and I still have about 5 lbs to lose.

My monthly goal is 600 minutes of running this month.

Thanks!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
135/1800

Ran 40 straight minutes at a good, steady pace! I'm so pleased. Also did some extra cardio and strength exercises for a total of 75 minutes today.
Awesome!
You are doing w&d right? You will definitely be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
Hey Rose - Thank you for hosting this. It has really been a great help.

I am in for 2000 again this month, though it will be more of a challenge this month with so much business travel scheduled.



My tally so far - 144/2000

70 minutes for P90X Chest & Back and P90X Abs, 74 minutes running (20 of which was warm-up/cool-down)
Good to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather.Mohler View Post
I'm in for 750!

4/1/14 - 63/750

Heather
Hi Heather!



Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
I've moved onto the 5k to 10k part of my 10k Runner app. 4 miles today!

70/1500
Congrats! Very exciting.
Is that the furthest you have ever run?

I loved (ok it was brutal at times) training for my first half marathon, because I had so many distance pr's.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #56
DisneyBelle99
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyBelle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,407

Starting off strong this month. 90 minutes at the gym , lots of treadmill, arm and leg exercises with the machines, and 5 lb weights. Drizzle in NY today.....Hey people coming to NY for Easter ......any Disney plays while you are here?

90/900 so far.
DisneyBelle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #57
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife
 
java's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 20,134

Good workout day today. Found a YouTube walk away the pounds video(3 mile fast) did that 45 minutes

Did 2 of the 20 minute ones this am

Started the day with 30 minutes on the elliptical doing cardio/fat burn

So my total is now 150/900!

Thanks all for pushing me!
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #58
MRS AR
DIS Veteran
 
MRS AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 886

30 min run
60 min walking
150/1200

I saw the first humming birds this year this morning. I love spring.
__________________
MRS AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #59
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccam31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

Awesome!
You are doing w&d right? You will definitely be ready.

Yes, but only the 5K this time. My companions weren't game to try the half. :/
I'm aiming to try the half or possibly the Tower of Terror ten miler next year.
__________________
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
rebeccam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #60
hmack
Mouseketeer
 
hmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: central Maine
Posts: 399

Not too much to report on today, but I did manage to get in a 20 minute walk.



67/900
__________________
Bo Peep: What would you say if I get someone else to watch the sheep for me tonight?

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.