Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #31
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Please put me down for 2000.

25/2000

T-25 Speed for 25 minutes.
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century
*Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014: Pop Century >>>Completed my 1st RunDisney Race: The Tower of Terror 10 miler <<<

my2boysrtwicethefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #32
hmack
DIS Veteran

First report of the month.

47/900

CBR - 2006
CSR - 2008
POR-Riverside - 2012

hmack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran

63/1000
That's my stretching class and a very short walk to meet my walking buddies for 10 min. It's really hard for all of us to get caught up in that time, especially when we're huffing and puffing and yacking!

So, Rose and anybody else who remembers, I had plantar fasciitis that I was trying to clear up on my own. Didn't work and in one foot I got this incredible pain on the top of my foot. Saw a doc and a podiatrist. Got cortisone shot ( wonderful things!). One foot is all cleared up and the other just got a second shot. Doc told me to wait a bit before I invest in orthotics. I have a girlfriend who got some from an athletic shoe store; I think I'll ask her for more details!
Old 04-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #34
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

I'm in again for 1200 min and I'll try to do the ank challenge as well

30 run this morning
30 min walk with pup
60/1200

Thanks for hosting.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #35
2TxAgs
DIS Veteran

65/1400

Walking at the park; saw a bobcat hanging out in the wooded area and again at the creek. I like knowing that wild things can still survive in the 'burbs, that we haven't chased them all away.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #36
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer

I would like to join in! Started tonight and would like to put my goal at 900, so.....

25/900
Old 04-01-2014, 11:33 PM   #37
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccam31 View Post
Okay, I'm going to bump my total up to 1800 this month since I moved more than I thought I would in March. I have a trip over Easter to NYC and a weekend trip to Disney this month so we'll see...
We are headed to NYC for Easter, too!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #38
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Think about all those awesome muscles you are building!
Ha, I wish!! But I can't imagine that I put on three or four pounds of muscle. If you look at 3 pounds of meat, that is actually quite a lot! I am counting that I might have put on about half a pound of muscle, not more. But I do hope that there is still quite some water weight as my muscles are still adjusting to the new exercise. I can feel it in my fingers when I am retaining water and they do feel a bit swollen. Anyway, I am losing inches, had to use the inner hooks on my bra this morning, so there is progress!

I also wanted to say welcome to all the newcomers! I see that there quite a few who signed up for the first time!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 AM   #39
dedesmith32
Mouseketeer

I want to try! Put me down for 500! I'm just getting started but I want to lose some weight before my Disneyland trip in December!

dedesmith32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 AM   #40
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

That is very cool! We went to Belize a couple of years ago over Thanksgiving, and my husband went for a run around the resort. He came back (a bit early ) and was describing a HUGE pawprint he saw to one of the staff there. The staff member informed him that it was a jaguar!! Cool but a little scary.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #41
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfamilyrobinson View Post
We are headed to NYC for Easter, too!
Yay!!! We got a great price on Aladdin tickets for Easter day, so that's what prompted the trip. We're also seeing a couple more shows while we're there and spending some time at the 9/11 museum. What about you? What fun agenda do you have?

Join with me in sending out good weather vibes!!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 AM   #42
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedesmith32 View Post
I want to try! Put me down for 500! I'm just getting started but I want to lose some weight before my Disneyland trip in December!
Disney World is my "home" resort, but we traveled to Disneyland last summer. I was surprised at how much I loved it (I had a good and usually reliable friend tell me it was nothing special). Now we are slating summer 2015 for a return visit.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #43
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Updating through post #42. If you don't see your name, please repost and I will add you in.

We have a bunch of new folks. Very exciting!

And I think we have several returning folks who haven't checked in yet, so we could end up with a big group this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemooncat View Post
Hello!

I would love to join as I really need to start tracking things a little better - only 6 months until our first trip & I want to be in all the pictures!

My goal is 900 for the month of April.

I also ran this morning, so:

40/900.

Hope I am doing that right!

Thanks for this awesome thread!
Perfect! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBelle99 View Post
No excuses! I like that! Thanks for hosting again!! Please put me down for 900. Thanks, Deb
Good to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boysrtwicethefun View Post
Joining in! Please put me down for 2000.

25/2000

T-25 Speed for 25 minutes.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
So, Rose and anybody else who remembers, I had plantar fasciitis that I was trying to clear up on my own. Didn't work and in one foot I got this incredible pain on the top of my foot. Saw a doc and a podiatrist. Got cortisone shot ( wonderful things!). One foot is all cleared up and the other just got a second shot. Doc told me to wait a bit before I invest in orthotics. I have a girlfriend who got some from an athletic shoe store; I think I'll ask her for more details!
Oh, I have dealt with p-f. Boo! Did you do physical therapy? I had a great therapist, though it was very painful. I wore semi-custom orthotics for over a year. The worst for me was no heals! I can wear heals again, but try to limit it to a couple days a week. I never got the shots. My foot was such a mess when I went to physical therapy (p-f, achilles tendonitis and a fat pad injury) that I just needed to rest it for a couple months. Almost forgot--I wore a strasburg (sp??) sock for a while at night too. That was lots of fun. Not. Though I do think it really helped the p-f.

Happy to say I am p-f free at the moment.

I do have some nasty lumps on the back of my achilles tendons that I probably need to deal with. I am running in 0 drop shoes, which has helped with all of my other issues including p-f, back and itbs problems, but I am now dealing with tight achilles tendons. Mike wants me to go to physical therapy, but I am trying stretching, icing, etc at home first.

I am really afraid they are going to make me rest again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TxAgs View Post
65/1400

Walking at the park; saw a bobcat hanging out in the wooded area and again at the creek. I like knowing that wild things can still survive in the 'burbs, that we haven't chased them all away.
Very cool!

We saw a deer last weekend in the back of our neighborhood.

In SC this weekend we saw an actual Blue Bird. Not a blue jay, but a blue bird. It was absolutely beautiful and I think the first one I saw out in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfamilyrobinson View Post
I would like to join in! Started tonight and would like to put my goal at 900, so.....

25/900
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Ha, I wish!! But I can't imagine that I put on three or four pounds of muscle. If you look at 3 pounds of meat, that is actually quite a lot! I am counting that I might have put on about half a pound of muscle, not more. But I do hope that there is still quite some water weight as my muscles are still adjusting to the new exercise. I can feel it in my fingers when I am retaining water and they do feel a bit swollen. Anyway, I am losing inches, had to use the inner hooks on my bra this morning, so there is progress!

I also wanted to say welcome to all the newcomers! I see that there quite a few who signed up for the first time!
Maybe increase the water a little bit? I do not lose if I am working out a lot and not drinking water. Glad you are seeing progress on the inches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedesmith32 View Post
Welcome!

Last edited by Rose&Mike; 04-02-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #44
Maggie Lizer
DIS Veteran

I want to join in, too. I have less than 4 weeks left until my vacation and I still have about 5 lbs to lose.

My monthly goal is 600 minutes of running this month.

Thanks!

First trip with DS2 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #45
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

135/1800

Ran 40 straight minutes at a good, steady pace! I'm so pleased. Also did some extra cardio and strength exercises for a total of 75 minutes today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: