Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

POFQ and Thanksgiving week

ATTN: anyone ever stayed here during a holiday especially Thanksgiving and still had a good experience? I am really excited to stay here since the resort is so small and the fact that there is only one bus stop. However I'm wondering if during a busy week the one bus stop, one pool, and size of resort could actually be a negative. I vowed never to stay at POR again because I hated the whole four bus stop situation. Thanks!
Octoberbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

We are planning a stay also for Thanksgiving. While I have booked CSR after staying at POFQ at the beginning of the month I fell in love with it. I love the size of the resort and also the one bus stop. :-). I hope someone also posts their thoughts on this as well. Anyone?????
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I actually hated the one bus stop situation there. It was always so darn crowded. The food court was too crowded for me as well.

Luckily I had rented a car so after using the bus to get to MK, I took the rental car everywhere else.

I'd try that resort again but during a less busy time.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
GM24
Earning My Ears

My husband and I have stayed at POFQ many times right around Thanksgiving (week before/week after) and we never have had a problem with either the bus service or the food court. We love POFQ!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Thank you! How is the pool? Is it really crowded since there are no quiet pools? We have several pool days in our plans and I am so nervous about the pool being packed! I don't want to stay at any other moderate resort since I have to book preferred...My hubby said he works hard enough while not on vacation and is not walking more than he has to and the bus stops drove him crazy when we stayed at POR. So it comes down to taking a chance on POFQ or upgrading to deluxe which I don't want to do unless there is a discount for Nov.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Since POFQ is so small, it actually operates very close to capacity much of the year, which is why its harder to get a discount there. For this reason, I imagine the "crowd" situation doesn't vary much.

Perhaps this is part of the reason I didn't like it.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

We stayed this thanksgiving. It was perfect. No issues at all
Momofone92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Wonderful. Thank you! I always worry about everything when planning. As many times as I have been to WDW you would think I would be a pro by now!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #9
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

I feel the same exact way Octoberbaby. This Thanksgiving trip my husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Disney and we're taking our 3 sons (26 25 & 16) and one son's girlfriend. At this moment we are visiting one son (in Alabama) and three of us are sharing one room. I have decided for sure that one sink isn't possible for three adults to share. I'll be calling and changing our CS resort to POFQ for sure now. Looking forward to Disney at Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #10
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
I feel the same exact way Octoberbaby. This Thanksgiving trip my husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary with a trip to Disney and we're taking our 3 sons (26 25 & 16) and one son's girlfriend. At this moment we are visiting one son (in Alabama) and three of us are sharing one room. I have decided for sure that one sink isn't possible for three adults to share. I'll be calling and changing our CS resort to POFQ for sure now. Looking forward to Disney at Thanksgiving!!!!
Hoping you have an awesome trip! I am also looking forward to Thanksgiving at WDW. We have been during Easter and Christmas (never again) so I can't wait to see how Thanksgiving goes! Best wishes on your planning as well!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
shannonstar
StarGirlJapp

We have stayed at POFQ for Thanksgiving and loved it. We actually have it booked for this Thanksgiving as well.

However, if they offer free dining for arrivals by the 21st (which they have historically) and POFQ is not offered (which it wasn't last year), we will move to POR.

We absolutely love POFQ though and never had anything negative in regards to buses or the pool or anything.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
Octoberbaby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonstar View Post
We have stayed at POFQ for Thanksgiving and loved it. We actually have it booked for this Thanksgiving as well.

However, if they offer free dining for arrivals by the 21st (which they have historically) and POFQ is not offered (which it wasn't last year), we will move to POR.

We absolutely love POFQ though and never had anything negative in regards to buses or the pool or anything.
I am hoping for an awesome discount as well! If POFQ isn't included I was thinking maybe AKL. If my hubby agrees.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: