Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
coluk003
Mouseketeer

2015 June Which and WHY

Please back up why you do, or do not like one over the other. Of course its all objectionable to each peron but i want to hear what everyone thinks.

So im looking at staying at either Coronado springs OR Caribbean beach resort.

I want to know about dining at each, location, easy of getting to Hollywood Studios as Ill be going to the Star Wars weekend , Bus's, rooms, room service if any. They will run me about the same per night and as of right now and even on those days i will not have to worry about tickets or dining , well maybe the dining package but certainly not tickets.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say
coluk003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
bobbie68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluk003 View Post
Please back up why you do, or do not like one over the other. Of course its all objectionable to each peron but i want to hear what everyone thinks.

So im looking at staying at either Coronado springs OR Caribbean beach resort.

I want to know about dining at each, location, easy of getting to Hollywood Studios as Ill be going to the Star Wars weekend , Bus's, rooms, room service if any. They will run me about the same per night and as of right now and even on those days i will not have to worry about tickets or dining , well maybe the dining package but certainly not tickets.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say
Hi, I have stayed at both and prefer CSR. CSR is a large resort but it is in a circle pattern around the lake and easy to navigate. There is an internal bus that goes around the resort to each of the 4 stops. We always use bus transportation to the parks and never had any problems. We think the resort is beautiful and has one of the best pool areas on site. They have a food court but it is a little different than others but we like it. I would read up on it for an explanation. They just opened another quick service restaurant, I don't know if it has any reviews yet. The sit down is the Maya Grill and we thought the food was very good. I don't know the exact time to get to DHS but I can't imagine it more than 10 minutes from when you leave the resort. I find that all the resorts and the parks are within about 20 minutes of each other.

CBR is a nice themed resort. The food court is just ok. I never ate at the sit down restaurant. It is a large spread out resort but it is harder to navigate. The bus service was about the same. It maybe a few minutes closer to DHS. The resort is starting a refurb next month to be completed next spring. They will be putting in Queen beds also. Hence, right now they have full beds and we like our space to sleep. Personally the biggest thing that keeps me from there is the pool area. My DD is 12 and likes a more "adult" type pool.

Personally, I would not let distance to a park choose my resort. Like I said the longest ride to any of them is about 20 minutes. Pick the resort on which you would like better. Amenities are key to my stay.

Good luck.
bobbie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved CBR. We thought the grounds were beautiful, we loved the food court, the pool was fun, and the bus transportation was great. We didn't mind the size and how spread out it was and although there are internal bus stops, it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. We thought the buses were quick and efficient with little or no waiting. CBR is the only moderate we've tried, but we liked everything about the resort and wouldn't hesitate to return. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: