Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Getting from AoA to FW

For our next trip, I expect us to arrive for check in at AoA around 4:30-5pm. I'm doing online check in, so hopefully that will speed things up, but I'm guessing we'll be in our room to drop our stuff off and be ready to go by 5:30pm ish. We'd like to check out AoA...walk around, look around, goof around a bit (not swim, just sight see around the resort on foot) and hopefully be able to make it over to FW to do the Chip n Dale Campfire, which I think starts at 8pm. Do you think we'll have enough time to do that...check out AoA before it gets dark, then make it to the Campfire or is that too much of a rush? We'll have 2 elementary school aged kids with us so we won't be running every where, but bed time is not a concern either. We won't be driving, so we'll be taking Disney transportation and completely open to whichever method can get us there quickest. What's the fastest way to get to FW from AoA? Just hop on any bus to any park that shows up and take the FW bus from there? Or is there a better/faster way?
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
What's the fastest way to get to FW from AoA?
A taxi would be the fastest, about 12-14 minutes.

Quote:
Just hop on any bus to any park that shows up and take the FW bus from there? Or is there a better/faster way?
Other than a taxi your next best option would be bus to MK then boat to FW. If you use this option, I would be at the AoA bus stop 60-75 minutes prior to when you want to arrive at FW.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that if you take a Taxi,you will be at the Outpost and will need to take a bus or walk to the Meadows where the campfire is held.

If you take a boat from MK,you will be at the Settlement and will again need to walk or take a bus to the Meadows.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
Ravenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Just wanted to add that if you take a Taxi,you will be at the Outpost and will need to take a bus or walk to the Meadows where the campfire is held.

If you take a boat from MK,you will be at the Settlement and will again need to walk or take a bus to the Meadows.
How long is the walk to the Meadows? Is it pretty well lit and populated when it's dark? If we were to catch the bus instead of boat from MK would that get us closer to the Meadows?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How long is the walk to the Meadows? Is it pretty well lit and populated when it's dark? If we were to catch the bus instead of boat from MK would that get us closer to the Meadows?
It is "around" 1/2 mile either way.

It is not that well lit,so for anyone unfamiliar with The Fort,it might be best just to take the bus.

The FW bus will take you to the Outpost while the MK boat will take you to the Settlement.

It is about the same distance to the Meadows from either place,but the Bus Depot at the Outpost is easier to find,so I would just go with that.

You will want the Orange route bus to go to the Meadows.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
Ravenne

Awesomesauce! Thank you for the info!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: