Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran
 
wendybeth75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 1,056

Orbitz Online Check in Question

For those of you that have booked through Orbitz I have a question. I have my res linked to MDE. Will I have the option to do online check in since it is through Orbitz? What would the best way to request a King bed or room location. Thanks!
__________________
Wendybeth

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

If your reservation shows in MDE, yes you will be able to do online check in. However, during online check in is not the recommended method for making room requests. Yes, there is a section for making requests but they are predetermined and very limited. The best way is still to call and have your requests added to your reservation.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.
 
Ravenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,241

Online check in requests are very bare bones. It allows you to make very basic requests such as close to transportation, what floor you want, and that's really about it. It won't allow you to request a king size bed, or anything of the sort. I don't know if Orbitz will handle requests for you. Since you booked through a 3rd party, I don't even know if WDW will take the request over the phone. I booked a room only reservation through DCL and neither DCL nor WDW could take my requests. If they don't, you'll just have to request it upon actual physical check in.
__________________
"Have a magical day!"
~R
5/24/2014 - Land & Sea: AOA, Dream, POR
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran
 
wendybeth75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 1,056

Thanks all! I suspected this would be so. I have done online check in before, but have always booked with WDW and had made the requests over the phone at booking. This is a long weekend trip for DH and I in June, so even if we don't have a prime room location, it is only for 3 days. I couldn't pass up the great deal through Orbitz this time since it stacked with the Disney discount!
__________________
Wendybeth

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran
 
thisismyusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybeth75 View Post
Thanks all! I suspected this would be so. I have done online check in before, but have always booked with WDW and had made the requests over the phone at booking. This is a long weekend trip for DH and I in June, so even if we don't have a prime room location, it is only for 3 days. I couldn't pass up the great deal through Orbitz this time since it stacked with the Disney discount!
IF you booked CL, you can make the requests through the IPO. (The fabulous discount allowed us to book CL without dying over the price per night--I have already submitted my requests to the two IPOs at the two hotels we're staying at.)

If you didn't book CL, you can call Orbitz and ask them to call the requests into Disney. I'd offer to hold while the agent did so and cross your fingers they aren't sitting there and muting you and checking their FB page while you wait.

If CL doesn't pertain to you, I would also suggest you skip online check in and do a normal check in so you can make the request when you're at the desk.

Good luck!
__________________
Grand Floridian | Contemporary | Polynesian | Yacht Club | Beach Club | Boardwalk | Animal Kingdom | Wilderness Lodge | Swan & Dolphin | Saratoga Springs
GFV owner
thisismyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran
 
wendybeth75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: KY
Posts: 1,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
IF you booked CL, you can make the requests through the IPO. (The fabulous discount allowed us to book CL without dying over the price per night--I have already submitted my requests to the two IPOs at the two hotels we're staying at.)

If you didn't book CL, you can call Orbitz and ask them to call the requests into Disney. I'd offer to hold while the agent did so and cross your fingers they aren't sitting there and muting you and checking their FB page while you wait.

If CL doesn't pertain to you, I would also suggest you skip online check in and do a normal check in so you can make the request when you're at the desk.

Good luck!
Thank You for the advice! No CL for the orbitz trip. We are staying CL next week and I had considered seeing if they would add on to the reservation our request while we are there even though it is for a different trip. That is a good idea about not doing online check in. Hopefully that will work in our favor.
__________________
Wendybeth

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 weekend Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,662

Your 12 digit Disney Reservation # should be on MDE.

You can call Disney with that # directly and have requests added to your Reservation.

Or,you can do what I do and SNAIL MAIL your requests about 10 days before your arrival date.

I get my requests filled EVERY trip!

I think it is because I am probably the only Guest that does this so I STAND out to the Room Assignors!lol

Whatever the reason,it works for me!(I rarely ever got my requests filled by calling them in)
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 3,900

I have an orbitz reservation. No 12 digit Disney number shows on MDX. Just the 6 digit Orbitz "hotel confirmation number."
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
I have an orbitz reservation. No 12 digit Disney number shows on MDX. Just the 6 digit Orbitz "hotel confirmation number."
Try looking for it in "magicbands and cards" under "my account".
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.