Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Nana and Papa Celebrate 25 years with a T&K

Hello and welcome to my second attempt at a pre trip report. So I hope to have fun with you all in sharing my plans and hope that you share some ideas with me.

Now for an introduction.

Me (Michele) wife (hence the 25 years title), mother of two daughters, Nana to 4 plus 2 step granddaughters and one more on the way. I absolutely love having a growing family and have found that being a Nana is the best thing in the world! I enjoy planning trips, going to movies, walking at least 6 days a week as I am trying to lose lbs for Mickey and one day soon will learn how to sew as I have this amazing sewing machine that my DH got me at Christmas and I have yet to use.
This is me with Donald
[URL=http://s292.photobucket.com/user/pixidustmom/media/20140302_091530_zps1bb3aaf8.jpg.html][/URL

My DH (Tyson) husband, dad and papa. He's a hardworking man who loves being with family more than anything. He enjoys drag races, nascar, and hanging out around the house.
Here's a picture of him when we did a trip to Disneyland with the family.

My DGS (Tristen) will be 6. He's a sweet loving boy. He enjoys Dinosaurs, Cars and Halloween Cake Wars. Yes he will watch that over and over deciding how he will create his own. He's also becoming a big fan of Star Wars as both his great Grandpas are. He's the oldest of the grand kids and we sure enjoy being around him.
Here he is wearing a custom vest of Star Wars I had made for him this Christmas.
[URL=http://s292.photobucket.com/user/pixidustmom/media/tristenstarwars_zps340baeb9.jpg.html][/URL

My DGD (Khloe) will be 3. She's a beautiful, go go go girl. She will talk your ear off and come up with some funny stuff. She loves her new brother, Minnie Mouse, and playing outside. It's hard to get a great picture of her as she just doesn't sit still.
Here's our Minnie (that's her nickname from me)

So our plans so far. We are staying at our first Value-POP. We arrive 12/2/14-12/09/14. These days may change but pretty sure that's our dates. I just would like to add a couple days.
Also debating PH or a park a day. We did Dec in 09 and since the parks aren't open super late it was fine with us doing a park a day. The part I like about having a PH is if I can't get my ADRs when I want them, I can still have some available time to go to them even if we aren't at that park that day. So will see what I actually end up doing? Your input is welcome.
Dining, well we have always had the dining plan. I mean it's been free for us so why not right? Plus I do enjoy having it included as just one less worry. This time I am not sure I will do a fee dinning plan if it comes out. I got an extremely low rate for my room that paying rack rate may not work out. So I can add it or just buy gift cards to use while there for meals. I just don't know what to do yet? I can't wait to start planning a few meals though. I have a few places I want to try and a few I want to return to.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count

Last edited by pixidustmom; 03-25-2014 at 02:46 PM.
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I made a few more payments on my trip. The funny part is I used some $10 gift cards I won at work. It's sure a task to get each one put in. They had to do them each individually and I had 7 Felt sorry for the agent.

Does anyone else have a drawer you put all your WDW travel things in? Like shoe organizer, travel size emergancy box, etc...
I just keep adding things but mosly had some from last trip and add when I remember something else.

It's nice to see my DH getting excited about this. He's not as into the trips as I am but maybe this time he will since it was his idea.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
Old 06-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

It's been awhile since I last updated. So we have paid the hotel and have added quick service dining to or plans. We have our airlines tickets now since sw had a great fall sale a few weeks ago, yay for saving money but we had to change our dates to 12/3 to 12/10.

Tristen will not be joining us after all. We are sad but his mom said he'll be a first grader and has issues with khloe loving on him and he just wont be happy to be with her 7 nights with no break :-\ Since we did a trip with him a few years ago it's still fare to just do it with Minnie.

We will also meet up with some close friends. See I have been a surrogate mother and one of the families I helped have a boy for is joining us along with one of their friends andd her daughter.

Oh when I first got out sw tickets the sale pricewas only available for the non-stop later in the day. Well a couple days ago I was able to get the earlier non stop for $20 more pp.

Oh and just a few more weeks and my 5th grandbaby will be joining our family. My daughter is scheduled for a c-sec 7/17 if you could keep her in your thoughts then we sure would appreciate it. There could be complications due to a low lying placenta and previous section

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: