Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #31
gaudioli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink575 View Post

I would make no bones about telling your MIL what that has cost you.
I don't plan on speaking to her today (mature I know lol) but I may something I shouldn't so better to just stay far away for a little while til I get is all straightened out!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #32
gaudioli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post

Is that under a promotion rate or in general?
General I told don't worry about discounted rate...didnt matter
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #33
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Disney site still showing availability

I just checked the Disney website directly for your dates. I switched the discount offer from "Summer Discount" to "Memory Maker' package and it's still showing rooms for 5 people available for those dates.

You want to make sure you don't try to book the rooms with the "Summer Discount" because that is only available on Royal Rooms and King rooms which wound't work for 5 guests.

We are going to be at POR from 8/15-8/23 so I hope we see you there and you get the booking you want.

Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudioli View Post
General I told don't worry about discounted rate...didnt matter
In addition to what the previous poster said, rooms also were available under room only and a general package.

Last edited by Allison; 03-25-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #35
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The CM said only rooms available are royal rooms? I aid REALLY? So in other words the hotel is booked solid and u can't get any other room EXCEPT a ROYAL room?!?!! "Yes ma'am only Royal rooms are open and your party does not fit in a royal room"
I'm pretty sure he may have been confused and thought you were talking about booking under the new Summer Discount. It seems the Disney site and calling resort booking hotline is automatically defaulting to Summer Discount which is only for Royal Rooms, king size rooms are currently booked for those dates under the discount.

But POR is pretty big, and you'd want the AB rooms since they sleep 5.

Have you looked at the POFQ?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #36
Lisann
Mouseketeer

I changed plans one time for family, and they ended up not going. It was near Christmas time and we ended up not going the week we really wanted...it just messed up everything. I will not do that again!

I have always had good luck calling every single day when I'm trying to get the room I want. Even when resorts are "booked solid". I have done this many, many times and have always eventually gotten the exact room I wanted...it just takes persistence. People cancel all the time and something will open up.

Many of the suggestions of the other posters have been good, too. Good luck, you'll get your resort, don't worry! It will all work out. Have a great time!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #37
janatmovies
Mouseketeer

August is a while away keep checking it just might pop up..
janatmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #38
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

If the occupancy at moderates is five (as opposed to 4 at values). could the OP not book a Royal Room if that's all that's available & request a roll away bed?
We had a roll away in Dec at POP, it was $15 per night, but having it meant everyone had their own bed without any one having to share.

Just thinking out loud...

OnceUponATime15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #39
morethananyonex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
If the occupancy at moderates is five (as opposed to 4 at values). could the OP not book a Royal Room if that's all that's available & request a roll away bed? We had a roll away in Dec at POP, it was $15 per night, but having it meant everyone had their own bed without any one having to share. Just thinking out loud...
The occupancy limit is 4 at the majority of moderate rooms. That's the issue the OP is having, the ones that do have a limit of 5 seem to be sold out.
morethananyonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #40
winterman
DIS Veteran

Just went to the Disney web site, used your dates and put 3 kids (all over 3) and 2 adults. There were no packages available but there was room only. I don't think that is any discount but it may be better than nothing

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ (with DS!), 4/2015 POFQ (with DD, DSIL, DGS)

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #41
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

I would look to rent points for a one bedroom at the Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It would cost 200 points, which translates into about $2400 (private sale) to $2600 (through David's) for the week. You can purchase the dining plan if you would like and can get tickets from Undercover Tourist at a slightly discounted rate. My guess is that it would be a total inbetween the cost of PO and YC, but you would have superior accomodations to both.
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012, 2014, 2015
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - 2014
Paging Tom Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #42
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
If the occupancy at moderates is five (as opposed to 4 at values). could the OP not book a Royal Room if that's all that's available & request a roll away bed?
We had a roll away in Dec at POP, it was $15 per night, but having it meant everyone had their own bed without any one having to share.

Just thinking out loud...
The 2-Queen rooms don't really have room for a roll away bed. I'm pretty sure the Royal Rooms are the same size as the 2-Queen.

I think the only rooms at POR that can sleep 5 are the Alligator Bayou Rooms as they have 2 Queen beds and a fold down bed.

http://www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php

And I'm 95% sure they still have those rooms available during those dates.

And if not, then Disney needs to fix the website where you book your trip otherwise they are going to have a lot of double bookings for those dates.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #43
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismo View Post
The 2-Queen rooms don't really have room for a roll away bed. I'm pretty sure the Royal Rooms are the same size as the 2-Queen. I think the only rooms at POR that can sleep 5 are the Alligator Bayou Rooms as they have 2 Queen beds and a fold down bed. http://www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php And I'm 95% sure they still have those rooms available during those dates. And if not, then Disney needs to fix the website where you book your trip otherwise they are going to have a lot of double bookings for those dates.
My only experience with POR has been prefered/AB with the Murphy beds. But I figured if we could fit a roll away into our small room at POP... it might be worth suggesting.

OnceUponATime15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #44
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can u book park tix and meal plan thru Expedia or orbitz? I don't see how I would add that in.
No, unfortunately as others have said if you want a package that is a whole different ballpark. You can only get the dining plan via Disney. I would book YC if it was me, but it also looks like the call center may be confused since others here are finding rooms open for you at POR. Try calling and specifying the memorymaker package.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #45
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post
No, unfortunately as others have said if you want a package that is a whole different ballpark. You can only get the dining plan via Disney. I would book YC if it was me, but it also looks like the call center may be confused since others here are finding rooms open for you at POR. Try calling and specifying the memorymaker package.
Sometimes the inventory available online is different than through the call center but my guess is the CM was incorrect.

I would just go ahead and book online though since there are several options available.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: