Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #16
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudioli View Post
Can u book park tix and meal plan thru Expedia or orbitz? I don't see how I would add that in.
Tickets, yes. Dining, no.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can u book park tix and meal plan thru Expedia or orbitz? I don't see how I would add that in.
Ah, so you had a package booked? That's a different story.

Do you really NEED the meal plan? This site has a dining plan calculator that might help you see if it will save you money. If you didn't need the plan you could just book room-only. That's a different inventory of rooms, so there might be availability when there aren't packages available.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 AM   #18
km3jones
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You can't book the meal plan, buy they do have tickets. Though I think most say to still get tix through UT. I've booked room only several times through Orbitz and it's been easy and a good savings each time. You also can use ebates to save a little off booking through Orbitz and you earn Orbucks to use on future trips. Also for your dates I only put in 2 people so that all the hotels will show up and POR still shows availability. Maybe you can call Orbitz and have them verify the 5 person room with Disney and book that way.
km3jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 AM   #19
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry this happened to you!

As some others have suggested, my advice would be to book the YC for now and keep stalking the Disney sight for a room at POR.

Last year we booked CBR when the fd promotion came out, but we really wanted POR (no availability). I kept checking online constantly, finally I found availability. It took me about three weeks of constantly checking before the room came up.

Good luck!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:15 AM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post

You say no standard rooms....do they have any category at all? Preferred, river view?
This is what I am wondering too. Have you tried to book both a preferred view and a standard view at POR? Each of those room types have rooms that hold 5.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #21
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are a family of 5. I booked POR on jan 13th for our 8/16-23 trip. My inlaws were talking about going as well. They finally made the decision yesterday to go. POR room was a high price for them so today I switched to CBR with my daughter in their room, my 2 boys in our room with us. Didnt cost us anything different but they got a better price then POR. Well 7 hours later my MIL decided they aren't going. I called to switch back to POR (since CBR can't accommodate the 5 of us) and they have no more standard rooms and we don't fit in a royal room!!!! Resort is booked solid. According to Phoenix (CM) my only options are: 1. Stay with same price and go down to a value (although AoA is more money). Or 2. Spend another $1k to bounce up to the yacht club (which I didn't think it accommodated 5???) or 3. 1500 for GF As of right now I don't have a room anymore?!?!? Any ideas what I could do?
That stinks!!! I vote YC if you can swing extra $$. It does accommodate 5 and is so fun. Your kids would love SAB!!! :-)

Head over to the first few pages of the BC/YC thread for tons of info!
Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #22
abner1776
DIS Veteran

Have you looked at renting DVC points and staying at a DVC resort ? You could also book through "davids" if you are uncomfortable renting points directly with a DVC member.
Late August is not an especially popular time for DVC members so you may find availability at some of the resorts such as Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #23
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

OP: so sorry this happened to you! If it's in your budget, I'd book with Yacht Club. I would check a few times each day until you find a room opening at POR. I bet around that 45 day mark you'll get lucky. As another posted said it took them three weeks, so it may take some time but I bet you'll end up being able to switch back. Wishing you good luck!!!
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #24
gaudioli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

This is what I am wondering too. Have you tried to book both a preferred view and a standard view at POR? Each of those room types have rooms that hold 5.
The CM said only rooms available are royal rooms? I aid REALLY? So in other words the hotel is booked solid and u can't get any other room EXCEPT a ROYAL room?!?!! "Yes ma'am only Royal rooms are open and your party does not fit in a royal room"
Old 03-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #25
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Look at Orbitz again (ASAP?!): $1,120 including tax for your dates, POR RR standard (and only $1,194 for RR River view - the most expensive room they have!).

I just now priced out your dates, using code "discover" (you have to scroll down on the home page to see where to add a promo code its on the left after you enter your dates and location). Then type in Disney where it has name of hotel. They have all the mods at summer discounted prices (25% off) plus the 20% orbitz code discover applies!

Remember to only put in 2 adults. You then call Orbitz (they'll put you on hold to call Disney) to add the kids.

Only hitch I might be missing: if you have 5 and require an Alligator Bayou room, then that is only 20% off (or - I don't know - maybe not available).

(I know, you can't add dining plan if you book via Orbitz, but it never seems worth it to us - especially where, as here, you wouldn't get the extra 20% off if booked through Disney. We left after 10 days last August with 17 CS credits remaining!)
Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
gaudioli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda999 View Post
Look at Orbitz again (ASAP?!): $1,120 including tax for your dates, POR RR standard (and only $1,194 for RR River view - the most expensive room they have!).

I just now priced out your dates, using code "discover" (you have to scroll down on the home page to see where to add a promo code its on the left after you enter your dates and location). Then type in Disney where it has name of hotel. They have all the mods at summer discounted prices (25% off) plus the 20% orbitz code discover applies!

Remember to only put in 2 adults. You then call Orbitz (they'll put you on hold to call Disney) to add the kids.

Only hitch I might be missing: if you have 5 and require an Alligator Bayou room, then that is only 20% off (or - I don't know - maybe not available).

(I know, you can't add dining plan if you book via Orbitz, but it never seems worth it to us - especially where, as here, you wouldn't get the extra 20% off if booked through Disney. We left after 10 days last August with 17 CS credits remaining!)
Called and it only can accommodate 4. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Ill keep trying
Old 03-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #27
Tink575
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are a family of 5. I booked POR on jan 13th for our 8/16-23 trip. My inlaws were talking about going as well. They finally made the decision yesterday to go. POR room was a high price for them so today I switched to CBR with my daughter in their room, my 2 boys in our room with us. Didnt cost us anything different but they got a better price then POR. Well 7 hours later my MIL decided they aren't going.
I would make no bones about telling your MIL what that has cost you.

Sept. - Oct. 2014
Offsite 1975; Offsite 1986; 30? other trips; 2006 - Present: Part-time resident
Tink575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #28
writermommy6
Mouseketeer

Maybe book a room that you're willing to stay at but keep looking/calling to see if any POR open up? I'm so sorry about this. I learned this year not to wait on others. I found a place for just the six of us but then extended family said they would like to go. So I found a larger place at a really good deal. They took several days to get back to me only to say no they weren't going and then my smaller place was GONE! It took me two weeks to find a place that was anywhere near the price I had found but it's still $400 more. grrrrrr

writermommy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #29
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
The CM said only rooms available are royal rooms? I aid REALLY? So in other words the hotel is booked solid and u can't get any other room EXCEPT a ROYAL room?!?!! "Yes ma'am only Royal rooms are open and your party does not fit in a royal room"
Is that under a promotion rate or in general?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #30
ciera321
DIS Veteran

I would definitely check daily and hope to grab someone's cancellation! So sorry this happened, as I know, at least for me, where I stay is an important part of the trip! Hope it works out for you!

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: