Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Gluten Free @ Sunshine Seasons?

Can anyone confirm the kids gluten free options at Sunshine Season in Epcot? The lists I have show allergy tenders, gf pizza, etc. Do they in fact have these as choices? Do they have a dedicated fryer for French fries? We usually go to electric umbrella but they have been burning the allergy tenders lately

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

We had breakfast there with . I loved the eggs. We went early, which made me feel a bit better about cross contamination (we were the first served, it seemed?)

I have seen another family post photos of their chicken and rice dishes they eat there at lunch. We also got Enjoy Life Foods candy bars there. I saw gluten free pudding cups and snacks. I think they had some frozen pastry option, but it wasn't anything that won me over, so I skipped it (I think there was an issue with heating it in a way that sounded appealing, but I can't quite remember). I would recommend it if it fits your schedule. We liked it quite a bit!

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

We've never asked for any of the premade allergy kid food type entrees at Sunshine Seasons. We typically get safe versions of a regular kids meal such as chicken leg with rice. I've been told they can cook GF pasta if you're willing to wait for it but we're happy with the regular types of foods we can get there so that's what we get. There are lots of places that to things like chicken tenders but not a lot that have "real" food that's safe which is why we go there, along with having so many options that is.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Toffeewoffy
Mouseketeer

We don't have food allergies, but went to the hot food counter at the far right where they were serving baked salmon, pork and chicken (half for adults, leg portion for kids). The sides for these were mash or potato wedges, and the veg they had on offer were green beans and sweetcorn, I think. So, that counter at least had no food with gluten in that I could see.
Toffeewoffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. We ended up back at Electric Umbrella for allergy tenders and they looked much better this time and my son ate all of them, so I guess they were good I wish he would expand his food choices but he is also on the autism spectrum so change is hard and it's not a battle I want to fight right now.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: