Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
natmom
Mouseketeer

Buying bottled water

Is it possible to buy a case of water and have it sent to your room prior to arrival? I know it would be more expensive but less hassle than lugging it around until our room is ready.
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

yes, you an send in a gift request that you find on the dcl site or you can just wait till you get on the ship and there will be a gizillion people walking around asking you if you would like a case sent to your room.
your choice.

also there is a 18% gratuity added if you order on the ship, not sure if they charge that if you prodder before you get on the ship.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmom View Post
Is it possible to buy a case of water and have it sent to your room prior to arrival? I know it would be more expensive but less hassle than lugging it around until our room is ready.
If you order it through "Gifts & Amenities" before you sail, it's $9 for a 6pk, $35 for 24pk.

I like the free water at the drink station.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
natmom
Mouseketeer

Thanks! DH is using the patch and dry mouth is an issue. I thought a case of water would be nice
Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
natmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
If you order it through "Gifts & Amenities" before you sail, it's $9 for a 6pk, $35 for 24pk.

I like the free water at the drink station.
We drank the free water last time as well, but we will drink more if I have it available in our room. Don't like the $35 but oh well, we rarely buy water so once in awhile is fine.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
masylimed
Mouseketeer

I think you can bring unopened bottles of water on board in your luggage. Might be a more economical option if you are renting a car or private limo service to the boat.
masylimed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by masylimed View Post
I think you can bring unopened bottles of water on board in your luggage. Might be a more economical option if you are renting a car or private limo service to the boat.
All liquids have to carried on (except toiletries).

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic 2004, 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014 DCL Fantasy 2015
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
natmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masylimed View Post
I thought of that but then we have to carry it around until our room is ready. I will already be lugging my valuable grey goose and wine
Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We drank the free water last time as well, but we will drink more if I have it available in our room. Don't like the $35 but oh well, we rarely buy water so once in awhile is fine.
The water available in your room (from the sink, and in the shower) is the same water that's available from the drink station. And the same water that's served in the MDRs, as well as for making ice and preparing food. All water onboard is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered).

There's really no need to bring/buy bottled water to use onboard. Just adds to the plastic bottle waste onboard. We bring our own refillable waterbottles and fill up in our room.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
natmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The water available in your room (from the sink, and in the shower) is the same water that's available from the drink station. And the same water that's served in the MDRs, as well as for making ice and preparing food. All water onboard is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered).

There's really no need to bring/buy bottled water to use onboard. Just adds to the plastic bottle waste onboard. We bring our own refillable waterbottles and fill up in our room.
Oh I didn't realize that!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #11
hardis5
Mouseketeer

It was heavy but the last time we brought a case ourselves carried on top of a carry-on. For the significant $ difference from ordering delivered, the inconvenience of carrying around with the carry-on for little more than an hour on the boat before our room was ready (1/2 which was spent eating lunch) was well worth the savings.

We used the bottled water at the start of excursions (that 30-60 minutes getting off the boat until at your destination in the heat we always found trying) always throwing a few in the communal backpack for all. Our first cruise they actually sold 6 water with a Disney cooler bag for $24 for those getting off the boat. Our last, they did not.

Last edited by hardis5; 03-14-2014 at 02:37 PM.
hardis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #12
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
yes, you an send in a gift request that you find on the dcl site or you can just wait till you get on the ship and there will be a gizillion people walking around asking you if you would like a case sent to your room.
your choice.

also there is a 18% gratuity added if you order on the ship, not sure if they charge that if you prodder before you get on the ship.
You pay the gratuity when you order online or order over the phone too.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #13
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm with you. I am ok paying for the convenience of having bottled water in my room when I board. I've done it both ways. At first I would go to the free beverage station to get water but found that I was always running up there because I drink about 8 glasses of water a day. Most of the time I order the case, but I've also ordered the 6 pack to get me going and then refilled the bottles from the free beverage station during the trip. As everyone has said, it's the same water that you get with meals and it tastes fine, I just prefer have the bottled kind.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #14
rsx3bishop
Mom of 2 and Gigi of 1.....life is good!

Quote:
The water available in your room (from the sink, and in the shower) is the same water that's available from the drink station. And the same water that's served in the MDRs, as well as for making ice and preparing food. All water onboard is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered). There's really no need to bring/buy bottled water to use onboard. Just adds to the plastic bottle waste onboard. We bring our own refillable waterbottles and fill up in our room.
Didn't know that--how awesome!!
rsx3bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #15
ocspartan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The water available in your room (from the sink, and in the shower) is the same water that's available from the drink station. And the same water that's served in the MDRs, as well as for making ice and preparing food. All water onboard is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis and filtered). There's really no need to bring/buy bottled water to use onboard. Just adds to the plastic bottle waste onboard. We bring our own refillable waterbottles and fill up in our room.
So I've read this a few times and while I'm sure the water is sourced from the same place, I find it hard to believe that the sinks and more importantly the faucets and pipes are cleaned out as often and as much as the drink stations or as completely as the food prep areas on board....

For us it was a mater of convenience to keep at the bedsides for the kids, especially the upper bunk so they wouldn't need to come down to get a drink in the middle of the night, and it was sealable so it wouldn't spill all over them.... Also my preference is for chilled water especially on a warm Caribbean day, so keeping them in the fridge gets nice crisp cool water that's all stackable....

We just put a case of the mini bottles in our rolling carryon and rolled it on board, the weight was negligible bc of the wheels, still had room in bag for a bottle of wine and other spirits.....

To each their own with water, but something about getting water out of the bathroom taps that is probably at best wiped with the same cloth used to wipe down the rest of the bathroom seems a bit gross to me
ocspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: