Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
ag98
Mouseketeer

Which TA offers best credits?

Rebooked while onboard the Dream and now want to know which travel agency offers the best credits or other perks when you use them. Thanks!

Universal & French Quarter December 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream 4 nights March 2014Universal & French Quarter January 2013 MK/Universal 2 day trip November 2011 Caribbean Beach December 2010 Beach Club Villas December 2008 All Stars December 2003 MK/Universal 1 day trips January 2001 & 2002
ag98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

We use Dreams Unlimited (the sponsor's of these boards) and they offer very competitive OBC. However, since you booked onboard and did not name a TA at the time of booking, it will be considered a transfer and most TAs offer reduced OBC for transfers.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
ludari
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if my TA offers the best credits but for me it is the personal service I get from them that is more important. They are not a sponsor of this board so I am not allowed to post the company name. PM me if interested.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

this board is sponsored by a travel agent, they may not allow discussion of competitors.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #5
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

check out this thread. i called them and their obc is better than any i have seen except for costco, which we don't have.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1559916
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
TinkTatoo
Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulder
Hooked on Disney Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I'm not sure if my TA offers the best credits but for me it is the personal service I get from them that is more important....
I agree, I have no idea if my TA offers the best credit but she offers a first class service and knows her product inside out and for me that's worth far more than a couple of extra $$ OBC

TinkTatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
We use Dreams Unlimited (the sponsor's of these boards) and they offer very competitive OBC. However, since you booked onboard and did not name a TA at the time of booking, it will be considered a transfer and most TAs offer reduced OBC for transfers.
I was just now able to cancel my booking I made directly with DCL and had DU scoop up my exact cabin as soon as I canceled it.
I got a nice OBC.
I also use a big box TA that would give over $500 in a gift card that I almost took but really could use the OBC while on the Dream in Cabin 8188
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
ocspartan
DIS Veteran

The TA that offers the best (largest) return on your booking is costco.

You just need to transfer within 30 days of booking on board, no need to cancel bookings, just call costco to get the transfer form, you keep your obb booking benefits and then get a nice Costco card that is basically cash back.

Be it obc or cash card it all comes out of the same pot so might as we'll maximize your savings
ocspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I agree, I have no idea if my TA offers the best credit but she offers a first class service and knows her product inside out and for me that's worth far more than a couple of extra $$ OBC
I get first class service from my agent at DU plus OBC so I definitely recommend her to everyone. Plus, she sails DCL several times per year and visits the parks regularly so she really knows her stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
I was just now able to cancel my booking I made directly with DCL and had DU scoop up my exact cabin as soon as I canceled it.
I got a nice OBC.
I also use a big box TA that would give over $500 in a gift card that I almost took but really could use the OBC while on the Dream in Cabin 8188
That's great! A lot of folks use Costco as their TA but the closest one to us is over an hour away so it wouldn't be worth it for us but we love the OBC that DU offers.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
terryellen1
Earning My Ears

We just booked a place holder cruise on board listing Costco as our TA... We are waiting for Alaska 2015 to be released... Does anyone have experience with changing the cruise with Costco.... Now I am nervous that we will not get timely service and get a good price once the cruises are released... We will still be just silver
terryellen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I get first class service from my agent at DU plus OBC so I definitely recommend her to everyone. Plus, she sails DCL several times per year and visits the parks regularly so she really knows her stuff.

That's great! A lot of folks use Costco as their TA but the closest one to us is over an hour away so it wouldn't be worth it for us but we love the OBC that DU offers.
NOOO, I NEVER go to my Costco to book my travel.
Go on their website and you can book online or call them.
They are ALWAYS VERY helpful! I don't even think my Costco has a travel area in the buidling.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #12
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
NOOO, I NEVER go to my Costco to book my travel.
Go on their website and you can book online or call them.
They are ALWAYS VERY helpful! I don't even think my Costco has a travel area in the buidling.
I agree, book it online, however for those that don't have a physical location nearby they are less likely to be a member. Also the Cash Card is good at Costco, While some report they have exchanged them for cash Costco's policy says they don't except where state law requires it.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
Disneybridewifemama
Mouseketeer

I'm (not so patiently) waiting for Alaska 2015 to be released, this will be our 2nd DCL cruise. I booked our first one and handled it all myself with no issues. But I like the sound of an OBC. Can anyone tell me what kind of credit you're talking about? I'm a crazy over-planner so if I'm going to transfer my planning abilities to someone else, it would need to be worth it. from what I've heard, once I use a TA I wouldn't be able to make any changes or requests to my cruise through Disney, is that correct?
Disneybridewifemama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: