Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #121
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Hi all! Thinking about renting DVC points for April 2015 and I have a couple of questions. First, the person I am renting from has about enough points to rent a studio for a week. I think I'm fine with the room being a little smaller and having a pull out sleeper, but I would like to be in an upper floor with a balcony. Is this possible in a studio? We have only ever stayed in the tower with a MKV...definitely don't want to downgrade, but saving some money by renting the points would be nice. Second, his home resort is AKL so he wouldn't be able to book BLT until September, correct? What are the odds that we'd even get into BLT at that point? My plan B would be BCV, but I'd be sad to give up the CR. Thanks!
Edited for spelling
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #122
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
Hi all! Thinking about renting DVC points for April 2015 and I have a couple of questions. First, the person I am renting from has about enough points to rent a studio for a week. I think I'm fine with the from being a little smaller and having a pull out sleeper, but I would like to be in an upper floor with a balcony. Is this possible in a studio? We have only ever stayed in the tower with a MKV...definitely don't want to downgrade, but saving some money by renting the points would be nice.

Second, his home resort is AKL so he wouldn't be able to book BLT until September, correct? What are the odds that we'd even get into BLT at that point? My plan B would be BCV, but I'd be sad to give up the CR. Thanks!
It's definitely possible to have an upper floor with a balcony in a studio (all have balconies). It's getting a studio at 7mos out that may be challenging. Those book up the fastest by DVC members who own at BLT. A 1-br lake view is what is most plentiful at BLT so you would be more apt to get that. Though April may be a hard time no matter what.

me , dh , dd14 , dd12 , ds6 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #123
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

Haven't read last pages but wanted to let everyone know, that will be arriving the next few days, that the monorail is back to its regular operating schedule. I'm here now. 10th floor MK View. We're like.... Wow!
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #124
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
I'm here now. 10th floor MK View. We're like.... Wow!
I bet you are!! Enjoy! I've never had a MK view. On my Disney 'bucket list'

me , dh , dd14 , dd12 , ds6 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #125
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Question about CR club level 14th floor

Hi, I have a few questions about the differences between the 12th and 14th floor club levels.

Is the food/drinks the same?
How many MK rooms are on the 14th floor? Looking at the diagram it looks like one BV and 1-2 MK view?
Any other privileges staying on 14th floor.

Thanks

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
cmac609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #126
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to post an update because I know I posted previously about BLT being excluded from all the discounts.

Yesterday my mom got a PIN code in the mail. She was soooo excited so we called and all the allocations for BLT had been booked They transferred her to another CM and after 6 Disney songs on hold the CM came back and said he was going to be her new best friend! We were able to get a PIN applied! I can't even explain the tears we shared! This has been my mom's dream to be able to have a MK view room and now it's really real!! (and we can actually afford it) I hope that CM knows how much he touched our hearts!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #127
cantoine
Mouseketeer

I am so happy to have found this thread. My DH decided that he was going to take me to Disney for our 6th wedding anniversary and NOT be cheap. What started out as a trip for 4 days to OKW has turned in to a split stay for 7 nights June 8-15: 3 nights at YC and 4 nights at BLT 1 bedroom lake view. We are traveling with 6; 3 adults 2 children 1 infant. I have a few questions, is there a a place at the resort to view the fireworks? I want to surprise our son who always talks about his dream of staying at the place with the train, so my plan is to wake up early at YC run over to BLT do a pre check in (sure my room will not be ready) park my car there, run back to YC get the kids ready, check out of YC, get our bags to bellhop, go to HS for the day. Then take the kids to BLT for the big surprise. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do? Also any information on pirates and pals would be appreciated.

Me, DH, DS9, DD6, DD2, DD1
2011-POR: 2013-POR: 2014-YC/BLT; 2014-AKL-Kidani/SSR; 2015-OKW
cantoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #128
pemberley
Earning My Ears

Please add me to the Logorail! We just booked a 1 bedroom lake view at BLT 11/17/14-11/22/14. This will be our first BLT stay! Can't wait!!

1984 - Offsite
1988 - Grand Floridian
1990 - Big Red Boat and Contemporary
1997 - Contemporary
Sept 2012 - Poly - Tokelau
June 2013 - Contemporary TPV and Vero Beach DVC
Feb 2014 - AoA Nemo Family Suite
Nov 2014 - BLT

pemberley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #129
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
Haven't read last pages but wanted to let everyone know, that will be arriving the next few days, that the monorail is back to its regular operating schedule. I'm here now. 10th floor MK View. We're like.... Wow!
Thank you for letting everyone know the good news. Are you going to book a BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609 View Post
Hi, I have a few questions about the differences between the 12th and 14th floor club levels.

Is the food/drinks the same?
How many MK rooms are on the 14th floor? Looking at the diagram it looks like one BV and 1-2 MK view?
Any other privileges staying on 14th floor.

Thanks
I assume you are asking about Standard rooms and not suites? There are 5 Standard (non-suite) Tower Club rooms and 11 suites: Two are MKV Kings and one is a MKV Queen and the other Queen is a HA/MKV. The BLV room is a queen.

I think the Tower Club section on the first page will answer your questions:

The Tower Club has a total of sixteen rooms: Five Standard rooms and eleven suites comprised of One and Two Bedroom Suites, a Vice Presidential Suite and a Presidential Suite. When booking a Standard Tower Club room - Queen ("CY"), there is no guarantee of a Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View, but your preference can be noted. However, when booking a King room ("CW") both rooms are MKV/TPV. When booking a suite, you will be assigned either a Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom View.

The lounge on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) is bigger and has more seating then the 14th floor Tower Club. Three Standard rooms were used to build the 12th floor lounge. There are three balconies on the MK side for Club Level guests to watch the fireworks.

In the 14th floor rooms the refrigerators will often be stocked with cans of Coke, Diet Coke, water and apple juice. The refrigerators in the rooms on the 12th floor are not stocked prior to arrival.

The 14th floor room and lounge balconies are bigger than the 12th floor balconies.

Both floors serve the exact same food for breakfast, afternoon snacks, 5 PM hors d'oeuvres and 8 PM deserts & cordials. The 12th floor Atrium Club rooms are marginally less expensive then the 14th floor Tower Club rooms and suites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I just wanted to post an update because I know I posted previously about BLT being excluded from all the discounts.

Yesterday my mom got a PIN code in the mail. She was soooo excited so we called and all the allocations for BLT had been booked They transferred her to another CM and after 6 Disney songs on hold the CM came back and said he was going to be her new best friend! We were able to get a PIN applied! I can't even explain the tears we shared! This has been my mom's dream to be able to have a MK view room and now it's really real!! (and we can actually afford it) I hope that CM knows how much he touched our hearts!
This is great news! You knew I was concerned about your BLT at rack rate so I'm so happy for you and Mom that you were able to apply a discount. Never give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantoine View Post
I am so happy to have found this thread. My DH decided that he was going to take me to Disney for our 6th wedding anniversary and NOT be cheap. What started out as a trip for 4 days to OKW has turned in to a split stay for 7 nights June 8-15: 3 nights at YC and 4 nights at BLT 1 bedroom lake view. We are traveling with 6; 3 adults 2 children 1 infant. I have a few questions, is there a a place at the resort to view the fireworks? I want to surprise our son who always talks about his dream of staying at the place with the train, so my plan is to wake up early at YC run over to BLT do a pre check in (sure my room will not be ready) park my car there, run back to YC get the kids ready, check out of YC, get our bags to bellhop, go to HS for the day. Then take the kids to BLT for the big surprise. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do? Also any information on pirates and pals would be appreciated.
Your BLT check-in day wore me out, but it's a good worn out. Keep in mind that your bags might not get to BLT for at least several hours. Could you bring them with you when you check-in and store them at BLT? You never know, your room might be ready early, but that's less likely with DVC.

If you are a DVC owner, you can view Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge. Otherwise, here are the CR locations and P&P info. from the RECREATION section of the thread:

THE PIRATES AND PALS FIREWORKS VOYAGE sets sail from the dock at the Contemporary. You'll enjoy an amazing view of Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant. The event starts about 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the start of Wishes.

THE WISHES NIGHTLY MAGIC KINGDOM FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pemberley View Post
Please add me to the Logorail! We just booked a 1 bedroom lake view at BLT 11/17/14-11/22/14. This will be our first BLT stay! Can't wait!!
Yippee! I'd be happy to add you and you're going to love BLT. We stayed in a one bedroom LV and it was so nice having all that room AND two bathrooms
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #130
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Are there fridges/microwaves in any of the Contemporary rooms?
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #131
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
Are there fridges/microwaves in any of the Contemporary rooms?
Mini-fridges yes, but microwaves only at Bay Lake Tower.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #132
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thx!
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #133
cmac609
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info but what does a HA/MKV mean?

QUOTE=WDWKOOK;51071735]Thank you for letting everyone know the good news. Are you going to book a BB?

I assume you are asking about Standard rooms and not suites? There are 5 Standard (non-suite) Tower Club rooms and 11 suites: Two are MKV Kings and one is a MKV Queen and the other Queen is a HA/MKV. The BLV room is a queen.

I think the Tower Club section on the first page will answer your questions:

The Tower Club has a total of sixteen rooms: Five Standard rooms and eleven suites comprised of One and Two Bedroom Suites, a Vice Presidential Suite and a Presidential Suite. When booking a Standard Tower Club room - Queen ("CY"), there is no guarantee of a Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View, but your preference can be noted. However, when booking a King room ("CW") both rooms are MKV/TPV. When booking a suite, you will be assigned either a Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom View.

The lounge on the 12th floor (Atrium Club) is bigger and has more seating then the 14th floor Tower Club. Three Standard rooms were used to build the 12th floor lounge. There are three balconies on the MK side for Club Level guests to watch the fireworks.

In the 14th floor rooms the refrigerators will often be stocked with cans of Coke, Diet Coke, water and apple juice. The refrigerators in the rooms on the 12th floor are not stocked prior to arrival.

The 14th floor room and lounge balconies are bigger than the 12th floor balconies.

Both floors serve the exact same food for breakfast, afternoon snacks, 5 PM hors d'oeuvres and 8 PM deserts & cordials. The 12th floor Atrium Club rooms are marginally less expensive then the 14th floor Tower Club rooms and suites.

This is great news! You knew I was concerned about your BLT at rack rate so I'm so happy for you and Mom that you were able to apply a discount. Never give up!

Your BLT check-in day wore me out, but it's a good worn out. Keep in mind that your bags might not get to BLT for at least several hours. Could you bring them with you when you check-in and store them at BLT? You never know, your room might be ready early, but that's less likely with DVC.

If you are a DVC owner, you can view Wishes from the Top of the World Lounge. Otherwise, here are the CR locations and P&P info. from the RECREATION section of the thread:

THE PIRATES AND PALS FIREWORKS VOYAGE sets sail from the dock at the Contemporary. You'll enjoy an amazing view of Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant. The event starts about 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the start of Wishes.

THE WISHES NIGHTLY MAGIC KINGDOM FIREWORKS last about 12 minutes. Preferred CR/BLT viewing locations:

~Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View Tower rooms/balconies.

~BLT Magic Kingdom/Theme Park View rooms/balconies and some Bay Lake View rooms on the north side.

~The beach.

~California Grill restaurant and observation deck (exclusively for guests with same-day reservations only).

~Fourth floor observation deck.

Yippee! I'd be happy to add you and you're going to love BLT. We stayed in a one bedroom LV and it was so nice having all that room AND two bathrooms[/QUOTE]

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
cmac609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM   #134
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Yeah !! Mini Fridges ...

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #135
westcoastdisfan
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing the update!!!!!
westcoastdisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: