Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #1036
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwifezilla View Post
MH and I are both big planners, and even though our trip is over a year away, we both are in high research mode. We want to stay BLT 1 bdrm villa but realize not being DVC members we'll have to wait to secure a reservation. How long does it usually take to find out if there are available spots? Will we have the chance to be as selective (i.e. high # theme park view) as we would with other resorts?

We've made our initial reservation at AOA just to hold a date, but really want BLT!
You'll be booking cash, not a DVC rental or booking, right? The seven month D&B correctly mention above is for DVC owners who own elsewhere. For booking cash, I think the answer is just "it varies." I think the Disney availability for cash booking is based on DVC owners using their points for non-DVC bookings, like cruises and stuff. Somehow that translates into cash booking inventory. It seems those rooms open up closer to the dates than normal rooms, but I couldn't tell you when. Just keep trying. Otherwise, much closer to the date (as in the last month), if there is any inventory not booked DVC, it's transitioned to Disney for additional cash bookings, so the rooms aren't empty, but I don't think BLT ever falls into that category. Good luck!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #1037
parkhopmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwifezilla View Post
MH and I are both big planners, and even though our trip is over a year away, we both are in high research mode. We want to stay BLT 1 bdrm villa but realize not being DVC members we'll have to wait to secure a reservation. How long does it usually take to find out if there are available spots? Will we have the chance to be as selective (i.e. high # theme park view) as we would with other resorts? We've made our initial reservation at AOA just to hold a date, but really want BLT!
We rented points at BLT and got our reservation 11 months out. (And we'll be there in 29 days....)
parkhopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #1038
carimar
Mouseketeer

2 bedroom villa TP view on 10/10

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I have a 2 bedroom BLT TP view booked on 10/10 and the rest of our stay is a lake view. Wondering if anyone on here has a LV and prefers a TP view and somehow we can exchange???

carimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #1039
ChrisM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
You'll be booking cash, not a DVC rental or booking, right? The seven month D&B correctly mention above is for DVC owners who own elsewhere. For booking cash, I think the answer is just "it varies." I think the Disney availability for cash booking is based on DVC owners using their points for non-DVC bookings, like cruises and stuff. Somehow that translates into cash booking inventory. It seems those rooms open up closer to the dates than normal rooms, but I couldn't tell you when. Just keep trying. Otherwise, much closer to the date (as in the last month), if there is any inventory not booked DVC, it's transitioned to Disney for additional cash bookings, so the rooms aren't empty, but I don't think BLT ever falls into that category. Good luck!!!
You can get cash reservations for studios, 1 or 2 bedrooms usually starting about 9-10 months before your trip. I've done this many times with zero issues (including my trip this October).

Grand Villas, on the other hand, seem to be a different story.
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #1040
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Here's the link to the thread I started in which I tracked my whole process of booking BLT with cash trough CRO Hope it helps!!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137255
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #1041
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

This is a silly question but will the resort provide bathrobes if you ask? I would rather not have to pack mine!
disprincess2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #1042
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2213 View Post
This is a silly question but will the resort provide bathrobes if you ask? I would rather not have to pack mine!
Not a silly question at all. I can't say from experience as we've never stayed at the CR, but here is a link from the first page of this thread with pics of the rooms, which looks like a robe is hanging up in one of the closets. Scroll down to the pic of the safe and you will see what looks like a robe next to it:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...26&postcount=5

HTH

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #1043
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

One question about deliveries to the hotel. I plan to have a few things sent to the hotel. I understand that as a convention resort, there will be a pick up charge and items will have to be picked up at the convention centre. How long will they hold on to the items before arrival?
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #1044
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Question Standard king bed club level at CR on 14th floor

We are staying one night at the CR standard club level room. The room is a king size bed on 14th floor. I requested a MK view ..after contacting the IPO office they told me the king size room was just a request. I call Disney travel and they said I paid for a King size bed club level and it is not a request. I email back tonight telling them it not a request but I paid for it.

Any idea what room number you all can offer to request. Did research on the rooms etc and found out that certain rooms are not worth the cost of room. And yes I read this thread. I found one room that would be suitable. All the good room have views of MK except for one room.

Also can you use both lounges? Thanks. This is driving us batty. It is only for one night .. We booked under the military discount and all that was open in Dec. even the non club level rooms . Checked GF and nothing except one bedroom suite for $$ .

Last edited by tiger4me2; 08-06-2014 at 12:05 AM.
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #1045
xjay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger4me2 View Post
We are staying one night at the CR standard club level room. The room is a king size bed on 24th floor. I requested a MK view ..after contacting the IPO office they told me the king size room was just a request. I call Disney travel and they said I paid for a King size bed club level and it is not a request. I email back tonight telling them it not a request but I paid for it. Any idea what room number you all can offer to request. Did research on the rooms etc and found out that certain rooms are not worth the cost of room. And yes I read this thread. I found one room that would be suitable. All the good room have views of MK except for one room. Also can you use both lounges? Thanks. This is driving us batty. It is only for one night .. We booked under the military discount and all that was open in Dec. even the non club level rooms . Checked GF and nothing except one bedroom suite for $$ .
If you booked a Standard CL room, you would get a view of Bay Lake according to the Disney site. Also, I don't believe there is a 24th floor. I believe it only goes up to 14 and that is where the CL suites are. And if you're booked in Standard CL, you only get access to the 12th Floor Atrium Club. It's only if you book the CL suites that you get to use the Tower Club on the 14th floor. As for you booking a King bed, I don't think they have that category, but I wouldn't know since I don't use the military discount. Maybe they're different, but from what I know, King beds are only request if you booked Standard CL. But hey, I may be wrong. We're actually doing our first on-site stay at CR CL later this year

Disneyland - Countless Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - AKL CL/Contemporary BLV/POR RR *** May 2015- Disneyland DLH

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)

Last edited by xjay; 08-05-2014 at 10:47 PM.
xjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #1046
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixmnrs View Post
One question about deliveries to the hotel. I plan to have a few things sent to the hotel. I understand that as a convention resort, there will be a pick up charge and items will have to be picked up at the convention centre. How long will they hold on to the items before arrival?
Nevermind, found the answer at the beginning. 3 days.
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #1047
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to visit and catch up about my second fave resort in the "world"...

darthtatty Great pic..gotta love that view..

Johnsonet Two days!!

tiger4me2 As for the tower club and standard CL rooms...I am not sure which verbiage distinguishes them...12th floor rooms I believe are called "atrium club" and the 14th floor tower club?? There are a few king CL rooms on the 14th floor..and are a bookable category if I am not mistaken...on the 12th floor ( as xjay stated there is no 24th floor..) a standard atrium club level room ..which has a lovely Bay Lake view..a king bed would only be a request..I do believe that that room number is 4813?? But I am not positive... HTH...

Last edited by BlueSkies; 08-05-2014 at 11:13 PM.
BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:15 AM   #1048
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay View Post
If you booked a Standard CL room, you would get a view of Bay Lake according to the Disney site. Also, I don't believe there is a 24th floor. I believe it only goes up to 14 and that is where the CL suites are. And if you're booked in Standard CL, you only get access to the 12th Floor Atrium Club. It's only if you book the CL suites that you get to use the Tower Club on the 14th floor. As for you booking a King bed, I don't think they have that category, but I wouldn't know since I don't use the military discount. Maybe they're different, but from what I know, King beds are only request if you booked Standard CL. But hey, I may be wrong. We're actually doing our first on-site stay at CR CL later this year
Me bad I meant 14th floor The 14th floor has mostly suites etc but a few rooms facing MK view ( with king beds) and a couple facing Bay Lake view according to Disney travel & the map that is on this thread. As far as king size bed that how it was booked I didn't request it as it was listed that way on the Disney web site. This was the only room I could get using the military rate. I do know on 12th floor it is just a request but since I am on 14th floor it is a given (according to both Disney Travel & the IPO office) And the person (IPO) told me it was a given that I would get MK view *** the rooms facing Bay Lake was 2 queens. I guess I will find out. Meanwhile I am calling every other day to see if I can change it to a theme park view club level. Thanks for the help

Hope you have a great time at the CR Club level. We are going back in Sept Was just hoping we could get a theme park view again. One can wish lol
Old 08-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #1049
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
Just stopping by to visit and catch up about my second fave resort in the "world"...

[
tiger4me2 As for the tower club and standard CL rooms...I am not sure which verbiage distinguishes them...12th floor rooms I believe are called "atrium club" and the 14th floor tower club?? There are a few king CL rooms on the 14th floor..and are a bookable category if I am not mistaken...on the 12th floor ( as xjay stated there is no 24th floor..) a standard atrium club level room ..which has a lovely Bay Lake view..a king bed would only be a request..I do believe that that room number is 4813?? But I am not positive... HTH...
I meant 14th floor my mistake lol. There are like at least three king bed rooms on 14th floor. two facing MK View , the other facing Bay Lake. There is one room near the lounge on 14th floor that not that great so I been told. Thanks
Old 08-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #1050
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2213 View Post
I think robes are only available in club level rooms.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: