Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #946
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am thinking of booking a package tomorrow just in case I can't get the points. Should I book a garden wing instead of studio??
I think you would find it much more comfortable. I don't know where you'll fit a pack n play and I assume a stroller in the studio. Maybe the pack n play in the entrance and stroller in kitchenette.

I stayed in a studio with my DD(11) in Dec and we loved it but it is very tight when the sleep sofa is open. We loved it so much that I booked a 1BR for our family of 5 for August. Can't wait.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #947
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post

I think you would find it much more comfortable. I don't know where you'll fit a pack n play and I assume a stroller in the studio. Maybe the pack n play in the entrance and stroller in kitchenette.

I stayed in a studio with my DD(11) in Dec and we loved it but it is very tight when the sleep sofa is open. We loved it so much that I booked a 1BR for our family of 5 for August. Can't wait.
The 1 bedrooms are the king bedroom with no sleeper and the main living area with the sleeper, right?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #948
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about the view you go with. If you're looking to splurge - theme park views would be extra magical but there are several regulars here, including WDWKOOK who keeps this FAQ so wonderfully organized, who actually prefer the Bay Lake views
You can count me among the ranks of enjoying a Bay Lake view over a theme park view. Sure the castle is awesome all lit up and watching wishes from your balcony; but for me I just can't get past that "wonderful" view of the parking lot below.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #949
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
The 1 bedrooms are the king bedroom with no sleeper and the main living area with the sleeper, right?
Yes. 1BR has king bed in master, master bath, sleep sofa and sleeper chair in living room, 2nd bathroom, washer/dryer & full kitchen.

Last summer we did a week AKV Kidani 1BR and a week in a 2BR at BWV. I liked the layout at AKV better. This year we are doing 1night at AoA, 8 nights in a TPV 1BR at BLT followed by 3 nights at Kidani. I'm doing 3 nights at sports with just DS to start. 15 nights. My longest trip ever.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #950
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good point. I only have one child, so I don't tend to think about things like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
You can count me among the ranks of enjoying a Bay Lake view over a theme park view...
I may join the ranks next week. Looking forward to that gorgeous, relaxing view of the lake

Quote:
... This year we are doing 1night at AoA, 8 nights in a TPV 1BR at BLT followed by 3 nights at Kidani. I'm doing 3 nights at sports with just DS to start. 15 nights. My longest trip ever.
Now THAT'S the way to do Disney!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:56 AM   #951
chuckml
DIS Veteran

Finally down to single digits. Checking in next Friday. Just hoping this week of work goes as fast as I know vacation will.
March 2009--POFQ, December 2009--AKL
September 2010--Pop, September 2011--Pop
Upcoming: August 2014--CR TPV
chuckml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #952
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckml View Post
Finally down to single digits. Checking in next Friday. Just hoping this week of work goes as fast as I know vacation will.
so true! It goes by way too fast
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #953
Cluelyss
DIS Veteran

New to thread, and it is wonderful!! Thanks for putting this together! We will be at the CR from 10/13 - 10/18 and can't wait, our first time staying there! Booked CR because DS became obsessed with the monorail on our last trip....but am worried now after reviewing the room classifications. We are booked in a standard room / garden view. Does this mean we will be in the garden wing, or are there standard rooms located in the tower as well? If so, what room requests should I make to try and get a room in the tower? And if not, should I change my room type? TIA!!

Me / DH / DD / DS
Cluelyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #954
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

can anyone tell me what the "odd number" rooms are at the CR? We have a theme park view and are trying to check in online and that is one of the requests that I can request lol! Any tips on rooms to request with a tower theme park view? Thanks!!
disprincess2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #955
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

OH! Two more questions:

1. I read somewhere on these boards that they allow smoking on the balcony at California grille...is that true? Im asking bc DH loves cigars at night...we didnt think he could smoke them unless it was down at the DSA.

2. We plan on being at the hotel every night fairly early. I was sad to see the pool bar closes so early (ones at value stays open until 11 or 12!). Where can we go to get a drink? Or is there a bar we can go to and take a drink out to the pool? Any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #956
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you - and GOOD LUCK TOMORROW
Thanks, haven't booked anything yet, but hopefully soon .

I see your ticker is winding down......only 10 more days and you will be in Disney .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #957
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now THAT'S the way to do Disney!
I'm starting to get excited-just have so much work to do before I go. Looking forward to a few one on one days with my boy-we haven't been just the 2 of us in over 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2213 View Post
can anyone tell me what the "odd number" rooms are at the CR? We have a theme park view and are trying to check in online and that is one of the requests that I can request lol! Any tips on rooms to request with a tower theme park view? Thanks!!
Odd numbered rooms for TPV at CR have beds facing toward MK so you might be able to see castle in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess2213 View Post
OH! Two more questions:

1. I read somewhere on these boards that they allow smoking on the balcony at California grille...is that true? Im asking bc DH loves cigars at night...we didnt think he could smoke them unless it was down at the DSA.

2. We plan on being at the hotel every night fairly early. I was sad to see the pool bar closes so early (ones at value stays open until 11 or 12!). Where can we go to get a drink? Or is there a bar we can go to and take a drink out to the pool? Any suggestions?
1. I don't think I've ever seen anyone smoking there???

2. There is the Outer Rim bar in the hotel but I don't know if they can make a drink in a plastic cup-you can't take glass to pool.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #958
disprincess2213
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #959
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo

2. There is the Outer Rim bar in the hotel but I don't know if they can make a drink in a plastic cup-you can't take glass to pool.
Outer Rim does make drinks to-go. Enjoy!

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS, POFQ, AS Music, AS Sports, AoA, FW
ChrisNY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #960
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I just posted my Yacht Club/Club Level review HERE.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: