Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #871
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronInWI
I think you're checking in just as we're checking out. 32 days for us. We put in the same request you did, with the exact same thought process behind it too. I'm wavering a little bit thinking maybe I want to try to get outside the C facing the CR marina, only because all of our past trips have been in the CR tower, lake view. So it would be a very familiar view for us. But no matter what I decide, I'm sure we'll love it!
We are checking in the 1st for 10 nights! I'm so so excited. I hope you have an amazing trip. Post some pics of where you end up if you get a chance!

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #872
mamatobbg
Mouseketeer

We have a bay lake view room booked in the main tower. Can someone explain the layout of the rooms to the main concourse area?

In other words, when you step out of your room , can you look down and see the monorail?? Are the hallways going to your room open?

Do they all have decks?? I'm thrilled that we were able to upgrade from the garden wing. Although, I think the garden wing would have been nice, too--the main tower was our first choice. :-)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 03:43 PM   #873
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Hi everyone! We are returning to the CR this year after falling in love with it last year. We are crossing our fingers for the same room area we got last year. Garden Wing/Garden View with a Bay Lake View. My DD was over the moon to get to watch the Water Pageant every night we were in the room at the time. We just opened the patio door and it was there. So awesome.

We will be there August 6-August 13. Going back to read the thread and see what's new this year.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #874
AaronInWI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
We are checking in the 1st for 10 nights! I'm so so excited. I hope you have an amazing trip. Post some pics of where you end up if you get a chance!
Thanks, you too! You're going to love it. The convenience alone of walking to and from the Magic Kingdom is worth it in my book. We are checking out August 31. We'll be sure to tidy up the place before you get there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatobbg View Post
We have a bay lake view room booked in the main tower. Can someone explain the layout of the rooms to the main concourse area?

In other words, when you step out of your room , can you look down and see the monorail?? Are the hallways going to your room open?
Yes you can! If you look at this photo, the upper left hand side is where the Lake View rooms are located. When you step out of you room and look over the ledge, you see either Chef Mickey's or the shops (depending on which end of the resort you're on) and the monorail when it goes past.

Quote:
Do they all have decks?? I'm thrilled that we were able to upgrade from the garden wing. Although, I think the garden wing would have been nice, too--the main tower was our first choice. :-)
Yes, they all have decks with two patio chairs and a small table. We normally eat our breakfast out there. It is really peaceful in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
Hi everyone! We are returning to the CR this year after falling in love with it last year. We are crossing our fingers for the same room area we got last year. Garden Wing/Garden View with a Bay Lake View. My DD was over the moon to get to watch the Water Pageant every night we were in the room at the time. We just opened the patio door and it was there. So awesome.

We will be there August 6-August 13. Going back to read the thread and see what's new this year.
Our first stay there was in '05 for our honeymoon, and we didn't realize there was a water pageant until our first night there when we heard the music outside our window. What a pleasant surprise that was! We try to catch it a couple times every trip now.

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
AaronInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #875
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Very excited!!!

Just made a change to our October trip and we are now staying our first night in a Std. CL-King Room. CM said we'd be on the 14th floor and would get either a TPV or Lake view but wouldn't know until we check in?

Very excited to try a new resort and can't wait to see the look on DH's face (he has no idea). Off to start reading up on this thread .
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #876
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Less than a week till you book! What are your plans? After Christmas, I actually don't have any WDW plans. We may be going elsewhere
Hi KOOK

Yes, just 5 more days until the 2015 rates are released . I think I've decided to book Poly CL. We love the Poly and I've always wanted to try CL, so thought next summer would be a good time. DVC construction will probably still be going on, but the pool is scheduled to reopen in March, so even if that gets delayed a little, I'm confident it will be open by middle of July . I can handle any construction that is still going on as long as we have the pool .

Disney is always fun, but it's also nice to think about going other places . We will probably go somewhere different after next year as well, as we have been talking about other destinations. What exciting places are you considering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Just made a change to our October trip and we are now staying our first night in a Std. CL-King Room. CM said we'd be on the 14th floor and would get either a TPV or Lake view but wouldn't know until we check in?

Very excited to try a new resort and can't wait to see the look on DH's face (he has no idea). Off to start reading up on this thread .
Congrats.......have a great time and I hope you enjoy the CR .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #877
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCow View Post
All I can say is I feel like a little kid waiting for my stay at the CR in November! my 14 year old son thinks I'm nuts because I am much more excited than he is!!!! Love these little reports!
Welcome to my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
Getting so excited!!! 39 days to go. Put in request for high floor, odd numbered room love the views from that side! I am sure I'm in the smaller bunch that would rather be on the inside of the c than outside. I just feel like I don't want to look at parking lots! Fingers crossed room ready around noon when we are arriving. Booked a guided sea-doo tour at Sammy douvals (spelling?!?!) One morning. Cannot wait for that! So ready for this vacation!!!!!
so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I've enjoyed your photos and your lovely sentiment.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatobbg View Post

Here are some more pics to show you what the CR is like

(The dark rectangular areas are the doors to the rooms.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post

love it. We'll be there at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

... I think I've decided to book Poly CL.
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #878
chuckml
DIS Veteran

T-minus 14 days and counting. Check in on 8/8. Getting so close I can taste it.
March 2009--POFQ, December 2009--AKL
September 2010--Pop, September 2011--Pop
Upcoming: August 2014--CR TPV
chuckml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:59 PM   #879
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I know....I'm getting excited for Wednesday to get here...I'm ready to book .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckml View Post

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #880
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So jealous! We just got back from BLT and I'm having post-Disney blues Have some fun for me!!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #881
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right there with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I know....I'm getting excited for Wednesday to get here...I'm ready to book .
So, so happy for you!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #882
xjay
Mouseketeer

So I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed of all of the changes that I've been making the past couple of days for our trip. When the RO discount came out 2 days ago, I wanted to add a day to the beginning of our stay but the only rooms available were the Garden Wing and Bay Lake View rooms. And I REALLY wanted to get a TPV but they were all gone . So we decided to get the Garden Wing Deluxe Room. So we made 2 different reservations. One for 12/11-12/12 with the RO offer and 12/12-12/15 with the FD+TPV CL. Then I decided to check today if there were any rooms available since a lot of people on the boards were saying that there was more availability today and there was! So I called in the morning and changed our FD offer to the RO offer, still keeping the Garden Wing. It saved us around $300 . Just earlier I was thinking that it would be such a hassle to switch rooms for one day so I checked if there was availability for our 12/11-12/12 reservation and there was too! So I had to called again and a CM was able to cancel the reservation for the Garden Wing and add a day to our TPV CL stay . It basically cost the same as if we didn't even change anything except now we have CL for our entire CR stay . It's ok though. I'd rather be watching Wishes from our balcony on my birthday than anything . We can always try the Garden Wing next time. Hopefully this will be the last change we make for this trip!

Disneyland - Countless Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - AKL CL/Contemporary BLV/POR RR *** May 2015- Disneyland DLH

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)

Last edited by xjay; 07-25-2014 at 06:23 PM.
xjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #883
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
So, so happy for you!
Thanks .

I'm excited for you as your trip is just 2 weeks away . You will soon be relaxing at the CR .

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay View Post
So I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed of all of the changes that I've been making the past couple of days for our trip. When the RO discount came out 2 days ago, I wanted to add a day to the beginning of our stay but the only rooms available were the Garden Wing and Bay Lake View rooms. And I REALLY wanted to get a TPV but they were all gone . So we decided to get the Garden Wing Deluxe Room. So we made 2 different reservations. One for 12/11-12/12 with the RO offer and 12/12-12/15 with the FD+TPV CL. Then I decided to check today if there were any rooms available since a lot of people on the boards were saying that there was more availability today and there was! So I called in the morning and changed our FD offer to the RO offer, still keeping the Garden Wing. It saved us around $300 . Just earlier I was thinking that it would be such a hassle to switch rooms for one day so I checked if there was availability for our 12/11-12/12 reservation and there was too! So I had to called again and a CM was able to cancel the reservation for the Garden Wing and add a day to our TPV CL stay . It basically cost the same as if we didn't even change anything except now we have CL for our entire CR stay . It's ok though. I'd rather be watching Wishes from our balcony on my birthday than anything . We can always try the Garden Wing next time. Hopefully this will be the last change we make for this trip!
Congrats on getting TPV CL for your entire stay . We've never stayed at the CR, but it is on our list to try, along with CL. I hope you have a great trip and I'm sure you will enjoy watching fireworks from your balcony .

Old 07-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #884
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share some photos from our stay at BLT this past week. Here's a link to my post on the room view thread with some information about the location of the room http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2438

Here are some interior pics

Peek a Boo Castle view when exiting the elevator

Third (hallway) closet

More in Post 2
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #885
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

In the Kitchen

In the island cabinets

Island drawers

Slide out pantry (holds a lot, but cereal boxes don't fit unless you lay them on their side)

Another slide out by the fridge

Above the fridge

Near the sink

Above the sink

Above the dishwasher

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: