Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #841
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post
I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.
Oh man! We are headed down to the pool this morning, but are getting a little later start and missed it! How fun!!

I have to say how HIGHLY impressed we've been with the pool lifeguards and maintenance. The lifeguards are so vigilant about the constant scanning of the pool area. They are never standing still. We even saw one in a full suit in the pool the other day going around the entire edges cleaning and scrubbing all the tiles with a brush!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #842
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hilarious! How festive. Thank you for sharing that... I just read your post to my daughter and we are laughing and so excited about our upcoming trip Have fun!
I was a little late but got some video of it on my phone. I'll post it when I get back home.

It was very very cute. Be there early though. I want to say just before 9am.
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #843
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was a little late but got some video of it on my phone. I'll post it when I get back home.

OK. Thanks!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #844
ClarabelleCow
Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

All I can say is I feel like a little kid waiting for my stay at the CR in November! my 14 year old son thinks I'm nuts because I am much more excited than he is!!!! Love these little reports!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #845
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Oh man! We are headed down to the pool this morning, but are getting a little later start and missed it! How fun!! I have to say how HIGHLY impressed we've been with the pool lifeguards and maintenance. The lifeguards are so vigilant about the constant scanning of the pool area. They are never standing still. We even saw one in a full suit in the pool the other day going around the entire edges cleaning and scrubbing all the tiles with a brush!
We must have been there the same day!! It started to rain around 4ish?
We saw her to, I even asked her what was up hoping no one had an accident there

We were in the cabana close to the snack bar/Sammy's.

Btw: did you use your BOG FastPass? (I remember we were both on the FP thread) We enjoyed the lunch very much and are headed back for dinner tonight.

Sitting at contempo cafe right now waiting for breakfast if anyone wants to come by and say hi

Blue tank top and yellow bathing suit bottoms. I'll buy you a resort mug refill!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #846
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We must have been there the same day!! It started to rain around 4ish?
We saw her to, I even asked her what was up hoping no one had an accident there

We were in the cabana close to the snack bar/Sammy's.

Btw: did you use your BOG FastPass? (I remember we were both on the FP thread) We enjoyed the lunch very much and are headed back for dinner tonight.

Sitting at contempo cafe right now waiting for breakfast if anyone wants to come by and say hi

Blue tank top and yellow bathing suit bottoms. I'll buy you a resort mug refill!
We were right in front of that cabana in the pool that day and my husband was just down at Contempo getting us breakfast to bring up to the room! Small world!!

We did use our BOG FP. It was so wonderful. I was surprised to see the FP line was a little longer than I expected. We also got sent to one of the ordering kiosks where a CM has to put in your order and the person in front of us was trying to understand their dining plan and it was taking FOREVER! Other than that, it was great we'll be back at the MK tonight as well
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #847
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

OMgoodness! I've never heard of this! I wonder if it's all year long?
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 PM   #848
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this. That would be cool to see .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hilarious! How festive. Thank you for sharing that... I just read your post to my daughter and we are laughing and so excited about our upcoming trip

Have fun!
It won't be long .

Quote:

Can't wait to see it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #849
kittyx3
Earning My Ears

Useless and needless post alert. I am wiggling in my seat with excitement!! 70 more days and my excitement grows with each passing day. I think by the time our travel days roll around we could power the plane with the energy that will be generated by the family excitement.

I hear about the lifeguards and the views, and the fireworks and....everything. I know we can't do or see it all, but we are going to try. Woohoo!!!!!!

That is all. kthxbai
Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #850
xjay
Mouseketeer

RO discounts came out today. I talked with my boyfriend and we decided to add a day to the beginning of our stay with the RO discount so that we'll be able to celebrate my REAL birthday at the World, which is Dec 11! We booked a Garden Wing Deluxe Room!! So excited that we get to try the Garden Wing and the Tower for our first on-site stay!!!

Disneyland - Countless Times as a Kid
December 2013 - Off-Site *** December 2014 - AKL CL/Contemporary CL

Our Little Family :
Me(22) DBF(23) DDog(Kapu) DDog(Keanu)
xjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #851
lizzywoods
Earning My Ears

Which TV channel to hear Wishes at Contemporary?

We are currently staying in a theme park view room at the Contemporary but no-one in the hotel seems to know what TV channel has the music to accompany Wishes!

We were told channel 105 but our TV only goes up to channel 80! Someone else said the channel which tells us about the resort, which is channel 2 but this doesn't work!

Can anyone help as it is not as good without the music!

Thanks!
lizzywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #852
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzywoods View Post
We are currently staying in a theme park view room at the Contemporary but no-one in the hotel seems to know what TV channel has the music to accompany Wishes! We were told channel 105 but our TV only goes up to channel 80! Someone else said the channel which tells us about the resort, which is channel 2 but this doesn't work! Can anyone help as it is not as good without the music! Thanks!
Depending on which part of the resort you're in it's either channel 105 or 20.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #853
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Depending on which part of the resort you're in it's either channel 105 or 20.
I don't think they do it anymore. Last September I went through all the channels and even called GS. They had no idea what I was taking about.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #854
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentRN View Post
I don't think they do it anymore. Last September I went through all the channels and even called GS. They had no idea what I was taking about.
We were just there three days ago. It was in channel 105 for CL and was told channel 20 and one other channel u can't remember for other parts of the resort. We heard it just fine through our tv.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #855
lizzywoods
Earning My Ears

Thank you, but our TV does not go up to channel 105 and channel 20 is ESPN2!

I find it amazing that no-one in the hotel knows! It's disappointing if they don't have the music anymore! They say on the hotel information channel that music for wishes is on channel 105 but this must be out of date as there are only 80 channels!
lizzywoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: