Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #826
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Joining in We will be staying BLT LV 11/29-12/7. This is our first stay here. We are so excited. We are renting points and will be putting in a room request hoping for a little MK view. I can't wait to keep reading and learning more about this resort

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #827
ClarabelleCow
Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Joining in We will be staying BLT LV 11/29-12/7. This is our first stay here. We are so excited. We are renting points and will be putting in a room request hoping for a little MK view. I can't wait to keep reading and learning more about this resort
not sure a room request will be helpful, if you are renting points, the person you rented from would need to book theme park or lake view or standard - i think those are the views. And it depends on how many points you rented from the person Not saying upgrades have never happened, but thats a pretty busy timeframe
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #828
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Just wanted to make a note for anyone staying at BLT this summer...

We had 'direct MK view' as one of our requests because we knew the 2 bedroom MK villas ending in 30 were around the corner a little and you had to stand in the corner of the balcony to see the MK. I was a little bummed when we arrived and got a room ending in 30, but hey, we're in Disney in a beautiful villa so no biggie. Well, last night we were getting ready to watch Wishes from our balcony and around 9:45 I heard booming and thought it was storming since it wasn't time for Wishes yet. We went out on the balcony and we could see the Frozen fireworks from DHS to our left and then 15 minutes later we turned to the right and watched Wishes!! So awesome!! Tonight after Wishes my mom said she's officially spoiled and is never staying anywhere else again ha!
That is awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
mickeynut1 - you know I will be sharing many pics I stayed in a Bay Lake view room 20 years ago () but have no photos of it. It will be nice to add some Bay Lake views to my photo arsenal

Wish I were enjoying my morning coffee on the balcony right now
Good....I can't wait to see all of them .

That balcony pic is great.....like you said, makes you want to be there now . And you WILL be there very soon .

Quote:
It's always exciting to stay somewhere new. Hope you have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #829
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarabelleCow

not sure a room request will be helpful, if you are renting points, the person you rented from would need to book theme park or lake view or standard - i think those are the views. And it depends on how many points you rented from the person Not saying upgrades have never happened, but thats a pretty busy timeframe
Actually there are some BLT rooms that are technically considered a Bay Lake View, but actually have pretty nice MK views. We've rented points twice, did our room request and have gotten a pretty nice MK view both times.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #830
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Actually there are some BLT rooms that are technically considered a Bay Lake View, but actually have pretty nice MK views. We've rented points twice, did our room request and have gotten a pretty nice MK view both times.
What have you requested that got you good MK views with a lake view room? Can you be specific? Thanks
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #831
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

One more experience I wanted to make a note of before I forgot... We were at the feature CR pool yesterday and I was getting a bottle of water at the Sand Bar. I was behind a nice couple who were asking if there were any food options available for the wife who had a peanut allergy. The gentleman working said they cannot deal with food allergies there and that she'd need to go to the Contempo Cafe and speak to a chef.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #832
EGW113
Earning My Ears

Hi all! My family will be staying in a GV room 11/16-11/22. I am wondering what room requests I should make to get a nice view? Anyone have a particular view or location they prefer in the Garden Wing?

TIA!
EGW113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #833
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige

What have you requested that got you good MK views with a lake view room? Can you be specific? Thanks
Ask for a room on the outer part of the "c" on the north end as high as possible. There's a thread somewhere (could b linked on the first post of this thread) that shows actual room numbers and views of Bay Lake. ...that's how I found it originally.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #834
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Ask for a room on the outer part of the "c" on the north end as high as possible. There's a thread somewhere (could b linked on the first post of this thread) that shows actual room numbers and views of Bay Lake. ...that's how I found it originally.
Thanks!
shellypaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #835
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGW113
Hi all! My family will be staying in a GV room 11/16-11/22. I am wondering what room requests I should make to get a nice view? Anyone have a particular view or location they prefer in the Garden Wing?

TIA!
I would request, 1St floor lake front.

Those rooms have patios about 4 feet away from Bay Lake. Best "Garden View" rooms in all of Disney World!

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #836
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
One more experience I wanted to make a note of before I forgot... We were at the feature CR pool yesterday and I was getting a bottle of water at the Sand Bar. I was behind a nice couple who were asking if there were any food options available for the wife who had a peanut allergy. The gentleman working said they cannot deal with food allergies there and that she'd need to go to the Contempo Cafe and speak to a chef.
THANK YOU for posting that! I will make a mental note, it saves us a lot of time to know where my son is likely and unlikely to find food. (no wheat, soy, egg, dairy, peanut, some treenuts, sesame, buckwheat or shellfish, plus some aged foods bother him)

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #837
EGW113
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I would request, 1St floor lake front. Those rooms have patios about 4 feet away from Bay Lake. Best "Garden View" rooms in all of Disney World!
Thanks so much!
EGW113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #838
glvsav37
Mouseketeer

I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #839
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glvsav37 View Post
I just saw the most adorable thing!!! Outside Sammy Duvall waiting for a jet ski tour, and just watching the pool area. I noticed 3 lifeguards wearing Mickey hands, towel capes and sorcerer hats start spinning around, waving their arms and then touching the ground. When they came up, the water jets turned on. They did the same routine for the large center spout. And then for the slide, they went over and pulled an imaginary rope until the water turned on and came all the way down to the bottom.

Very fun to watch and it's great to see these hidden little traditions here.

Hilarious! How festive. Thank you for sharing that... I just read your post to my daughter and we are laughing and so excited about our upcoming trip

Have fun!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:14 AM   #840
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Hi again Ariel! Here is the link to help you. To get a MK view with a lake view booked room you want a room on the north tower. Any room ending in 02-14 will do.

I have had a room ending in 42 - awesome view of Seven Seas lagoon, Bay Lake and Cr .

05 - was view of lake and pool(inside C)

04 was view of Space Mtn and Castle. We could watch wishes from balcony great but not from inside the room like the true MKV rooms can.

We loved the resort!
CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: