Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 AM   #706
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I thought I recalled reading that there is only a bell services station at the CR, not at BLT. Is this the case, and if so, when we check in at BLT, do we then need to go over to the CR lobby to get assistance unloading our car? Thanks
Hi! I think I'm the one that told you that
Bell services is at CR, but they have lots of luggage racks readily available at BLT, and they were loading our luggage as soon as we pulled up at BLT. If your room is not ready at check in, they will then store it at CR and can deliver it to your room at BLT when it is ready.

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #707
Wheelwatcher
My Other Car is a Monorail!

Have a Great Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I'm getting through this week by reminding myself every ten minutes that next Friday I will be watching Wishes from my 14th floor balcony!!!

I cannot wait for this trip!! It's been two years in the making and I can't believe it's finally here!
YCFAN, have a great trip! I hope you'll post a trip report...with pictures too! We'll be there just after you...we're getting all revved up!
Wheelwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #708
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Hi! I think I'm the one that told you that
Bell services is at CR, but they have lots of luggage racks readily available at BLT, and they were loading our luggage as soon as we pulled up at BLT. If your room is not ready at check in, they will then store it at CR and can deliver it to your room at BLT when it is ready.
Thanks I'm trying to make sure I have information for all our different groups of family arriving at different times. Some by car, some by ME. I'm assuming whomever gets there first can do the official check in (we did online already,) but then I wasn't sure how luggage assistance would work for anyone arriving after that thanks again! It's good to k ow they have racks and bell services members at BLT ready to help!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #709
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy
Hi KOOK

I'm stopping by for a visit from the WL. We're staying in a few weeks and considering CR as our first evening stop for dinner at Contempo Cafe, a monorail ride, and maybe fireworks from the 4th floor.

2 questions -

1) I recently read on the boards that someone found the sound to be silent on the 4th floor observation deck during Wishes, not once but twice during their stay. Is this currently the case?

2) Is the Outer Rim lounge an appropriate place with kids in tow to ask for a to-go adult beverage for enjoying while we explore the resort? Or is the Sand Bar or the Wave a better location? We probably won't take the time to sit down. Also, does the Outer Rim serve any sort of food from the other restaurant kitchens like the TL at WL does?

Thanks so much! One day we'll upgrade and stay at the CR for a night or 2.
We've stayed at and have watched wishes from the 4th floor a few times and each time, while you can faintly hear wishes, it's not very loud at all. We haven't tried since last yr, but we've never been able to hear it very well from there.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #710
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Another question (and I don't think it was listed anywhere, SORRY if it was, I hate when people do that )

We will have an adult sleeping on the sleeper sofa in our 2 BR villa at BLT (we have a MK view.) I know there's a third bathroom for that person, but is there a third closet where they can put their clothing? I watched a few YouTube videos and it seems like there are a million closets, but no one ever opens them in the videos so I don't know if they're the laundry closet or what. Thanks
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #711
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
We've stayed at and have watched wishes from the 4th floor a few times and each time, while you can faintly hear wishes, it's not very loud at all. We haven't tried since last yr, but we've never been able to hear it very well from there.
We recently stayed at BLT and watched Wishes a few times from the crosswalk from CR to BLT. The music is loud and clear there and it's connected to the observation deck, so you could always walk over there if the sound is not loud enough.

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #712
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Another question (and I don't think it was listed anywhere, SORRY if it was, I hate when people do that )

We will have an adult sleeping on the sleeper sofa in our 2 BR villa at BLT (we have a MK view.) I know there's a third bathroom for that person, but is there a third closet where they can put their clothing? I watched a few YouTube videos and it seems like there are a million closets, but no one ever opens them in the videos so I don't know if they're the laundry closet or what. Thanks
We had a 2BR lock off. Each BR had a closet but the only other area that I remember was the one with stacked laundry unit. I'm looking back at my photos to see if I can find a mysterious 3rd closet!
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #713
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:

OK, assuming that we did in fact hae closets in each BR, then yes there is a third closet. It is where the laundry is. I am posting 2 pics here that were taken in the main living area.

DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #714
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Another fireworks question

Ok, since I'm not getting to watch them from the beach @ the Polynesiian I need to know the best place here. This has been one of my big hold ups w/ this resort. I keep seeing people mention places that do and don't have music. It's sounding like the best places are related to BLT. Can anyone watch from the walk way? Is the outer rim open to any resort guest or just BLT? I just assumed their observation deck would have music.
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
maxsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #715
UrsulaTheSeaWitch
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the new pics of Contempo Café. Has anyone tried the lobster roll?
Is that a summer menu item or available year round?

Thanks
UrsulaTheSeaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #716
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Love, love, loved all of your fabulous photos, WDWKOOK! Thank you.

I think this one is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Only 25 more days to go!!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #717
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
OK, assuming that we did in fact hae closets in each BR, then yes there is a third closet. It is where the laundry is. I am posting 2 pics here that were taken in the main living area.
Thank your for the pics! Was your villa a Bay Lake view? That's what changes the laundry room vs the laundry stackable closet, right? I ask because I Googled and found a floor plan for the 2 BR villa that has the stackable washer/dryer closet (which I think is what our MK view will have, right?) and it looks like there's an additional 'hall' closet next to the entrance door to the villa (sort of outside and across from the third bathroom?)
Old 07-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #718
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

This is the floor plan I found. Is this accurate? If so, great news since it looks like there is a third closet
Old 07-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #719
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Well that's interesting. Everyone confidently tells you elsewhere that the music is piped in. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We recently stayed at BLT and watched Wishes a few times from the crosswalk from CR to BLT. The music is loud and clear there and it's connected to the observation deck, so you could always walk over there if the sound is not loud enough.
As another poster asked, can we access the bridge as non-resort guests? And to clarify, the crosswalk is on the 4th floor? Thanks for the tip. I had forgotten people do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Ok, since I'm not getting to watch them from the beach @ the Polynesiian I need to know the best place here. This has been one of my big hold ups w/ this resort. I keep seeing people mention places that do and don't have music. It's sounding like the best places are related to BLT. Can anyone watch from the walk way? Is the outer rim open to any resort guest or just BLT? I just assumed their observation deck would have music.
I thought that the Outer Rim was inside the concourse and that the observation deck was accessed from the main guest area near the shops. But I really have no clue since we don't frequent CR.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #720
krinicone
Earning My Ears

This has probably been asked many times but I cannot find any discussions about it and this thread is huge, so I thought I'd just throw this ques out there! I want to stay at either the CR or BLT, but I cannot decide which one! Never stayed at either. I need just a reg room for 2 adults and a 2 yr old. Studio prices at BLT seem to be about the same as the cost of a tower room at CR. Any suggestions?
krinicone is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: