Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #661
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Hi again Two more questions....sorry! You know how things go right before you leave!

1. My mom and sister are arriving in the morning, which I'm guessing will put them at BLT via ME a few hours before the official check in. Is there somewhere for them to store their carry ons if our room isn't ready? They mentioned maybe heading over to MK or going to DTD, but didn't want to haul their carry ons with them. Also, they'd be ok to go to the pool even though they aren't officially "in" yet, right? We did online check in.

2. We are a group of all adults, so we're trying to figure out room charging. My mom said we can just use her card as the room account, but we all want to help pay it down. Can we go down to the front desk (at BLT?) periodically throughout our stay and use our own CCs or Gift Cards to pay on the room balance? I know I've read you can assign different CCs to different MBs, but that it doesn't always work properly and that sounds like a mess to deal with.

Thanks!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #662
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Hi again Two more questions....sorry! You know how things go right before you leave! 1. My mom and sister are arriving in the morning, which I'm guessing will put them at BLT via ME a few hours before the official check in. Is there somewhere for them to store their carry ons if our room isn't ready? They mentioned maybe heading over to MK or going to DTD, but didn't want to haul their carry ons with them. Also, they'd be ok to go to the pool even though they aren't officially "in" yet, right? We did online check in. 2. We are a group of all adults, so we're trying to figure out room charging. My mom said we can just use her card as the room account, but we all want to help pay it down. Can we go down to the front desk (at BLT?) periodically throughout our stay and use our own CCs or Gift Cards to pay on the room balance? I know I've read you can assign different CCs to different MBs, but that it doesn't always work properly and that sounds like a mess to deal with. Thanks!!
#1 - yes, all resorts have bell services to leave your carry ons.
And yes, they can go to the pool

#2 - as you said, I know you can assign different cc to different MBs. I have not tried, but have read that you can go to the desk with GC or cc before they process final bill

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #663
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! We always drive, so this is our first experience dealing with ME and luggage questions .
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #664
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Hi again Two more questions....sorry! You know how things go right before you leave!

1. My mom and sister are arriving in the morning, which I'm guessing will put them at BLT via ME a few hours before the official check in. Is there somewhere for them to store their carry ons if our room isn't ready? They mentioned maybe heading over to MK or going to DTD, but didn't want to haul their carry ons with them. Also, they'd be ok to go to the pool even though they aren't officially "in" yet, right? We did online check in.

2. We are a group of all adults, so we're trying to figure out room charging. My mom said we can just use her card as the room account, but we all want to help pay it down. Can we go down to the front desk (at BLT?) periodically throughout our stay and use our own CCs or Gift Cards to pay on the room balance? I know I've read you can assign different CCs to different MBs, but that it doesn't always work properly and that sounds like a mess to deal with.

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
#1 - yes, all resorts have bell services to leave your carry ons.
And yes, they can go to the pool

#2 - as you said, I know you can assign different cc to different MBs. I have not tried, but have read that you can go to the desk with GC or cc before they process final bill
#1 We always leave our bags with Bell Services and collect them on the way back tot he room. Never had an issue.

#2 We did this 2 trips ago when we took my MIL. No issue for them to link different C\C. It doesn't link to you room per se as much as it does the MB. So if you order a drink at the pool and use your MB (swipe + your pin) it will go to the C\C associated with the MB.

When we checked out, we did have a few items that showed from my MIL's purchases. The front desk fixed it in about 3 minutes. No big deal.

The frnt desk for BLT is actually located in the Contemporary.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #665
AaronInWI
Mouseketeer

Hi all! In 49 days, we'll be making our first stay at BLT after multiple stays in the CR Tower. We booked a lake view and I currently have a request for a higher floor, odd number so we would be on the inside of the "C". However, I was thinking that I might like to be on the outside facing the Contemporary marina. Two questions --

1 - How would I state this in my request? Even number, south facing room? Or would I ask for an even number room facing the Contemporary marina/pool?

2 - Any reports on success of getting this sort of view if requested? If I am granted my odd number request, I would at least be able to see the BLT pool. My fear is getting an outside on the northern side, which I'm not sure we would enjoy as much just based on some of the pictures I've seen of that view.

Thanks in advance!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
AaronInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #666
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post

#1 We always leave our bags with Bell Services and collect them on the way back tot he room. Never had an issue.

#2 We did this 2 trips ago when we took my MIL. No issue for them to link different C\C. It doesn't link to you room per se as much as it does the MB. So if you order a drink at the pool and use your MB (swipe + your pin) it will go to the C\C associated with the MB.

When we checked out, we did have a few items that showed from my MIL's purchases. The front desk fixed it in about 3 minutes. No big deal.

The frnt desk for BLT is actually located in the Contemporary.
Thanks! Great information! I thought there was a BLT desk in BLT now, no? Is that just for when you check in? Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #667
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! Great information! I thought there was a BLT desk in BLT now, no? Is that just for when you check in? Thanks!
We drove and checked in at the desk in BLT. Our rooms were not ready, so BLT got two luggage racks and had bell services from CR store our luggage while we walked around waiting for our rooms to be ready. We used my mom's CC for all of our MBs and they set that up when we checked in. When we got in our rooms, we just called bell services and they delivered the luggage to the room, so you don't have to actually walk over to the CR, but that is where bell service is. HTH!

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #668
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We drove and checked in at the desk in BLT. Our rooms were not ready, so BLT got two luggage racks and had bell services from CR store our luggage while we walked around waiting for our rooms to be ready. We used my mom's CC for all of our MBs and they set that up when we checked in. When we got in our rooms, we just called bell services and they delivered the luggage to the room, so you don't have to actually walk over to the CR, but that is where bell service is. HTH!
Yes! That helps a LOT, thanks Did you keep all the charges on your mom's CC, or did you go down periodically and pay off parts of it with other CCs or GCs? I'm just trying to decide which method will be easier.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #669
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Hello!

Quick question ~ Has anyone ever been able to snag a 2 bedroom BLT villa under the military discount? Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #670
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes! That helps a LOT, thanks Did you keep all the charges on your mom's CC, or did you go down periodically and pay off parts of it with other CCs or GCs? I'm just trying to decide which method will be easier.
We just kept all the charges on her CC, but I don't see why they would have a problem with paying off part of it at any time. They don't actually charge the CC until you check out of the resort

Old 07-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #671
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Back on the planning wagon! A slight change to our log-o-rail. Originally the plan was to have our vacation then buy a house and have kids. Well, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE We close the end of this month. So much going on!! But we are so excited. Hope everyone is having a great summer and if you have a vacation coming up you have a great time!!! Cannot wait for September for our first stay at BLT Did our ADRs and FP+., bought tickets. Now we wait! Just need to plan a MNSSHP costume for DH and I

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #672
Julie521
DIS Veteran

If you're staying at BLT, you can use both BLT pools and the contemporary pools?

Old 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #673
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
If you're staying at BLT, you can use both BLT pools and the contemporary pools?
Yes

Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #674
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Yes
Thank you. Any experience with them? Preference to which ones are better? I will note it is just DH and I. No kids

Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #675
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
Back on the planning wagon! A slight change to our log-o-rail. Originally the plan was to have our vacation then buy a house and have kids. Well, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE We close the end of this month. So much going on!! But we are so excited. Hope everyone is having a great summer and if you have a vacation coming up you have a great time!!! Cannot wait for September for our first stay at BLT Did our ADRs and FP+., bought tickets. Now we wait! Just need to plan a MNSSHP costume for DH and I
Congratulations on buying a house

Have fun planning for September
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: