Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #646
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Good morning!

I'm posting without multi-quoting…again. I will go back later, way back, to gather all the posters' dates who asked to be added to the Log-orail.

I have all the photos (for 3 threads) uploaded to Photobucket. Instead of doing another TR, I'm going to post separate thoughts, updates and photos to each of my threads. Some of this may be a repeat of what I posted while on vacation, but I want to have everything in one post, if possible, for those who may have missed those posts. I will, in the near future, replace and add new photos and news updates to the first two pages of the thread. I'll post when I've made any updates/revisions.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #647
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
That concerned me too! They said they were only in their room 5 mins when they heard the EWP music, which means they didn't get in their room until like 9???
Hey there! We didn't get to our room until about 10pm but that's because we were out in the parks & didn't bother coming back any sooner.
Though I have no idea when our room was actually ready since I never got the text... FWIW, we arrived @CR about 10am-ish. We took the bus from MK to DHS around 3:30 and decided not to bother checking back at CR at that point. Our bags from ME were in our room when we did get in, but the basket I ordered from Disney Florist wasn't, so I had to call in the morning down to the front desk - someone brought it up within a few minutes.

We're enjoying staying in the Tower (previously only stayed in wing). I forgot how much I love the size of the CR rooms! It's been about 5 years since I last stayed here :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #648
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post

The check-in text hit a sore spot for me due to personal experience. I know what the check-in times are, but we usually arrive around 1PM ET, which isn't light years ahead of the 4PM time. They normally will note that you've arrived and try and get you into a room as soon as humanly possible.

Once time, it was less than 45 minutes after we arrived. We left BLT and headed over to MK and short while later my DW got a text.

Completely different situation this past trip. It was HOURS and we never actually got a text. I think our room was ready for quite some time but the front desk was never made aware.

Hopefully our Next trip in November will go smoother.
That makes me nervous as we arrive at BLT in a few days! My mom and sister will be arrive on ME sometime around noon and we'll be driving and will prob arrive between 1-2. Hopefully this was just a random situation, but I'm so sorry that it happened to you. We have dinner palms for Ohana that night and would like to be able to freshen up before we go, so hopefully we'll be ok!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #649
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Trying to multi-quote a few pages at a time. My apologies if I repeat something that's been answered. Thank-you to all who answer posters' questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwatcher View Post
Hi everyone!
I've searched this thread and haven't seen the answer to my question, so I'm going to ask any of you who have visited the Tower Club or the Atrium Club levels at CR my question: here goes!

Is there a dedicated elevator JUST for the Club Level floors? As in "Express to the Club Level with No Other Stops!" Or do you use the regular elevator but are only able to gain access to Club Level by using the magic band?
Thanks!
While there isn't a CL-only elevator, you will need to place either your MB or a KTTW card up to the touch point/Mickey of any elevator. They are located above the numbers INSIDE the elevator and there is a sign reading: Atrium/Tower Club Level.

The elevator will automatically proceed to either the 12th or 14th floor so you won't have to press the number. A few years ago, the elevators to the CL floors were notoriously flawed. I think the problems have been corrected by now. There was always one elevator that wouldn't work for CL and the elevators, in general, were quite slow. Repairs have been made in the last couple of years, but I don't know if the elevators are now more efficient and work better to CL floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Not sure I missed this, but with the reduced monorail hours this summer, what is the best way to get to Epcot in time for rope drop? If the monorail for Epcot is not starting until 9 a.m., we will have to get there by alternate means to hit Soarin' at park opening because we used our first tier Fastpass Plus option for Test Track.
This is a bit confusing because none of the monorail resorts have had buses to Epcot. I know that the announcement said that "additional" buses would be provided when the monorail isn't operational. But, there are early ADR buses so I assume you could take one of the early ADR buses for Epcot RD. There is early ADR bus information in the TRANSPORTATION section of the thread. Also, the new schedule indicates that "additional buses will be available." But, I don't know if that means buses to Epcot from the monorail resorts. They have to have a way to get guests to early ADRs and RD, so I assume either the early ADR bus will do that and/or they have added an Epcot bus to the monorail resorts that previously did not have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
Hi fellow CR fans!!! We are going back to me and DD's favorite place......CR. My family of four will be there Dec. 19-26. Yes, Christmas. We have always gone in the summer and are looking forward to cooler weather. We are staying in the main tower, bay lake view. Just made my ADRs yesterday. Getting very excited!!!!
I'll log your dates and welcome to the thread. Our WL dates overlap with your CR dates. ADRs are exciting and soon you can make FP+!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeAppetit View Post
This September we are staying in a Garden Wing/Garden View room. When will we find our our exact room....at check in?

I would love to see the interior and exterior of these rooms, if anyone has some pictures!

Also...are their better rooms than others? Is there anything special that we should request!

All advice is appreciated!
Welcome. Your exact room is assigned a few days prior to arrival. You can look at your online confirmation for the category/view, but you won't know your room number until check-in. All Standard rooms at CR (not suites or Deluxe rooms) are identical. There are photos on the first page and more room view information in the ROOM section of the thread. The hyperlinks are in POST 1.

With a GV room, you could have a view of the CR pool, canal or Bay Lake. There are 3 floors and none have balconies, but the ground floor rooms have patios. We loved our ground floor room which directly fronted Bay Lake, (photos are in the ROOM sections of the thread). You can request one of those rooms, which I think are the best GW rooms. If you don't designate a floor, your chances are higher of getting one, but there's no gurantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Hey folks, quick question.

Have the room locations/classifications changed at all since the 2009 post mapping out room types/locations.

There is a recent tour of BLT Standard view studio, and its an internal, center building studio on like the 9th floor. Which is classified on the map from the link as a lake view (which is what it looks like) but the woman on the video calls it a Standard View Studio ... I am guessing she was upgraded and just doesn't realize it ... but I was wondering if they have changed the configuration and classification of rooms at all since 2009 ...

Many thanks all !!
If you haven't already looked, the BLT Room View/Number thread is very helpful and is updated often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
Hi - This will be the first time we are staying here. Are there any rooms with bad views or that we should try and avoid? I read somewhere that some MK views are actually a view of the convention center. Any guidance would be great!
Welcome. I think you are asking about Tower rooms? Rooms that are on the south end/TPV of the Tower are close to the Convention Center. All of the TPV rooms will have a view of the parking lot below, but they will all also all have a view of 7 Seas Lagoon, GF, Poly and MK when looking out and over to the north. If you don't want the CC below you, just ask for a room close to the MK or away from the CC, if you're on the TPV side of the Tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Popping by and looking at BLT pics, even though my DH told me not to change our reservation. I am hopeless
Did you make the BLT switcheroo? You know we LOVED BLT. SO much room for the entire pas-rific family

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlabellaxox View Post
7/18-20 Atrium Club!
I'll log your dates and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwatcher View Post
Hey, we'll be checking in the day you check out! 7/20-23 Atruim Club!
I'll log your dates, too if I haven't already. My two-week vacation has my memory a bit sketchy

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-06-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #650
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That makes me nervous as we arrive at BLT in a few days! My mom and sister will be arrive on ME sometime around noon and we'll be driving and will prob arrive between 1-2. Hopefully this was just a random situation, but I'm so sorry that it happened to you. We have dinner palms for Ohana that night and would like to be able to freshen up before we go, so hopefully we'll be ok!
We arrived at BLT around 1-2 also and our rooms were not ready, but we had two rooms and they were able to give us rooms right next to each other. We also had a dinner reservation (at the GF), and I believe we ended up getting in our room around 4. They had also granted my only request for the rooms, which was lower floor. Everyone at BLT was friendly and helpful
You will love it! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:08 AM   #651
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Hey there! We didn't get to our room until about 10pm but that's because we were out in the parks & didn't bother coming back any sooner.
Though I have no idea when our room was actually ready since I never got the text... FWIW, we arrived @CR about 10am-ish. We took the bus from MK to DHS around 3:30 and decided not to bother checking back at CR at that point. Our bags from ME were in our room when we did get in, but the basket I ordered from Disney Florist wasn't, so I had to call in the morning down to the front desk - someone brought it up within a few minutes.

We're enjoying staying in the Tower (previously only stayed in wing). I forgot how much I love the size of the CR rooms! It's been about 5 years since I last stayed here :
I figured your arrival time to the room was exactly what you described here. BLT is a WONDERFUL resort and you can't beat that location! I hope you enjoy the heck out it!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
We arrived at BLT around 1-2 also and our rooms were not ready, but we had two rooms and they were able to give us rooms right next to each other. We also had a dinner reservation (at the GF), and I believe we ended up getting in our room around 4. They had also granted my only request for the rooms, which was lower floor. Everyone at BLT was friendly and helpful
I didn't mean to make any anxious or concerned, so apologies for that. IMO, any of the "room ready text" issues are more a apart of the system than any particular resort.

We have done enough trips now that we don't expect our room to be ready when we arrive. In fact, this time we plan on dumping our stuff and then heading to DTD. We have reservations for dinner around 5:15 at Raglan Road.

As tempting as it is to head over to the MK, it'll be a Saturday and mid-day. Dealing with that type of crowd after having everyone up early and dealing with the airport chaos makes for some unhappy campers! Ideally, we'll head back to BLT unpack and I'll prob send my DW over to MK then to hit a few rides or something and then we'll catch the fireworks.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #652
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Thanks for the info (and sorry for my typos- stupid auto correct! Ha!) We have never (except for one horrible situation at the Dolphin) had one trip in which our room wasn't ready when we arrived (and we normally arrive around 1-2,) so its strange to hear so many people say the complete opposite.
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 07-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #653
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post

I'm here too.....
Where in the world have you been hiding?! Welcome back to the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
We'll be there 7/18-7/21. 14th Floor but we'll probably pop in to the Atrium Club too!
Your trip is coming up soon. I hope you'll post a little TR here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora0427 View Post
We stayed in a garden wing/ garden view at the CR in July 2008 and LOVED the room. We had a king and they'd just renovated the rooms. We were in the back, and could walk out our room and see the water.

They also have limited corner garden view rooms which are larger. They don't have many, and they book up quickly.

I have had several CM's tell me from reservations that the CR books up a year to more in advance!
The GV corner rooms are Deluxe rooms that only have a king and a sleeper. Sounds like you had a great room! CR does fill-up fast mostly due to conventions that block out many rooms. Sometimes those rooms are released and often people cancel or change, so to those having trouble, don't give-up trying to get a room at CR - availability changes quickly there.

Quote:
Anyone experienced the new transportation with the monorail changes? Are there busses AND a ferry to MK from CR and BLT?
I only took the monorail from CR this visit. The monorail and walkway are still the only modes of transportation to the MK from CR as far as I know. They said that "additional" buses/boats would be provided, but I don't know if that means they added them when the monorail isn't operational. When I took the boats from CR, it was during monorail operating hours so they only had the FW and WL boats running. Perhaps guests who stayed after 6/21 received notices of boats/buses running early and late when the monorail isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609 View Post
Our flight leaves in 36 hours...heading back to WDW. First time at the Contemporary. We are staying 12th floor club. Can't wait..
Hope you're having a magical time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
We are checking into Contemporary Hotel, theme park view and were hoping to order room service breakfast the next morning. We would want it delivered by 6:30am so we can eat, get ready and head to MK for their 8am opening. Can I call the night before and give the order and just tell them a delivery time?? Anyone have any experience with this??
Yes, you can pre-arrange delivery the day before. The best method is to call In-Room Dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I haven't ordered room service in quite some time, so I am not sure, but I assume they still have the paper menus/order forms that hang on your door. Just fill it out and put it on your door before you go to bed and you should have your breakfast there by 6:30 Good luck!
At least at YC and WL, this visit they did not have the order forms you hang on your door. I don't think I saw them at Christmas either. It may have been last summer the last time they had those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
We have just returned from a 7 Night, Club Level stay at the Contemporary. It was a great vacation, from beginning to end. Just thought I'd share some observations:

Room: The overall effect was lovely, and reminded me very much of a European hotel where they have modernized an aging building with boutique decor. I loved all of the marble in the bath area, and even the often dissed flat sinks. Our room was clean for the most part, though there were visible fingerprint smudges on some of the woodwork, and a couple of missing glass tiles on the "fireplace." The fingerprint smudges finally got to me enough that I tried to wipe them away with a damp washcloth, but it didn't do much good, so maybe the result of long term buildup??? There were also long drips of something on the glass doors to the bathroom, but I can see how this is missed as they were not noticeable unless the doors were pulled closed. Turndown service did not always happen, and one night we just received chocolates on the bed with no turndown. I did not complain about any of these things, as I considered them so minor as not to warrant the hassle. We booked a Bay Lake view, and that is what we received. Sitting on the balcony and watching the Electric Water Pageant was probably one of my favorite memories this trip.

Club Lounge-Cast members were attentive and polite, though I never had a magical moment that caused me to remember any of them by name. Food was good, though it seemed less variety than in other CL lounges. Maybe this was just due to the stacked presentation. No boiled eggs at breakfast, and I had to ask for tomato juice and ginger ale to be brought from the back. As these are staples for our family, it might have been a nice touch if they had either stocked them in the fridge while we were there, or noticed us an gotten them before we asked. I loved the view of the MK and the fact that there were multiple family sized seating areas (unlike at say the BWI where we sat 2 and 2 at breakfast more than we did not.) Furnishings were pretty, and the room has an allover happy vibe.

Pool-No complaints here. We rented a cabana on our break day, which will be a must do on our next trip. My only (very slight) annoyance is that we were initially quoted a price that was 2/3 of what we were charged. We had apparently been given the off season rate when booking. The cabana came with a fruit plate and twelve beverages, and the hostess was kind enough to make swaps when we decided that we needed more water bottles and less soda.

Concourse-A plus in terms of variety. I think this is the largest shopping area that I have experienced at a Disney resort. Our only on-property meal was at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, and that was good enough. (Box check on the bucket list, but probably not good enough to warrant a return.) Loved being able to access the monorail with just a few steps up the escalator, and only found it crowded around the dinner hour.

All in all, we had a great time. My son has been asking to stay here for years, and he loved every minute. He would hang out outside our room and watch the monorail come and go. Hubby thought it was a little to busy and crowded, and I confess that I like the frou-frou resorts a bit more. I kept thinking this would be the perfect resort for a family with teens (for all of the recreational offerings) or all boys. It is not my favorite Disney resort, but I would come back if an opportunity presented itself. Having stayed at BWI (CL), BC (CL), AKL, WL, SOG, my favorite remains the BWI.
Thank you for posting your TR. I enjoyed reading it. We may have been there around the same time and I thought it was really crowded, too. In the summer, we usually go in August, and June seems much more crowded and all the Deluxe resorts were at or near 100% occupancy.

Our turn-down when staying in a Deluxe room on the 5th floor at WL was very different than when staying on the 7th floor in a Standard CL room. We were either skipped or only received chocolates, too. I did mention this to a CL CM who phoned to request full turn-down, which includes removal of dirty towels and trash emptying. I guess you would have had to mention it to a CM so they would be aware of the problems.

As far as smears on surfaces, I've noticed that when they use furniture polish too liberally, this can create the affect of a dirt surface. It smears everything and if not buffed off can look unsightly on everything it comes in contact with. Not sure if this is what you experienced, but may be the cause, in addition to not-so-great cleaning.

Only the Epcot resorts have boiled eggs and possibly RPC? WL stocks tomato juice, but I didn't see it at YC, but they did have Ginger Ale and WL doesn't. Lots of minor differences amongst the CLs. Glad you were at least able to get it upon request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
What are your suggestions for last day things to do?
We like to take it easy and have a leisurely day. We usually go to the MK our last day and then I usually head back to pack everything up while DH and DD spend a little longer there. I prefer an empty room when I pack. We usually go to Tokyo Dining for an early dinner since we like to end on a high note and it's one of our favorite restaurants. Some like to squeeze everything out of their last day, but we prefer to take it easy.

Quote:
You're welcome

Wanted to bump up this great thread.
Just about 35 more days until I am back at CR

Here's a pic from last June. (We had been shopping at the Polynesian, and took the boat over to MK.)

Lovely! I can't wait to hear all about your vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask this .... We will be having dinner at Chef Mickey's and should be finished right around the time Wishes will be starting. Is there a good place at the Contemporary to watch the fireworks? Thanks!
The 4th floor has an Observation deck. It's right past Fantasia and next to the bridge to BLT. There are photos and more Wishes viewing information HERE in the RECREATION section of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Checked in @CR yesterday morning. Our room wasn't ready, so we headed out to the parks. Never got a text, but decided to stop at CR on our way to MK from DHS. We were in our room for maybe 5 minutes, and just as one of the girls said "hey look, we have a balcony" and went outside, the water pageant started. What a fun way to start our stay here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
Very cool! Although the lack of text is concerning.

When we were at BLT, we heard this music from our room and then realized that is was the water pageant. Although not super exciting, it's a cool thing to see.
Regarding the lack of text: Upon check-in, you'll be asked if you want to receive a text. You will soon receive a text asking you to reply YES if you want to in fact receive the text. If you don't receive this and/or you don't reply YES, then you won't receive the text. Even if you already did Online Check-In and you designated that you want to receive texts, you will have to do it again at check-in. IDK why the system works this way and there might be other factors that can affect receiving the text.

Quote:
That concerned me too! They said they were only in their room 5 mins when they heard the EWP music, which means they didn't get in their room until like 9???
The EWP is at 10:10 at CR.

Quote:
Last summer it was Channel 1-something. (Can't see the second number in my photo but you should easily be able to find it once you're there )

Sounds great. Have fun!
Thank you for posting that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Checking in on Friday for one night Tower-BL view after we spend 2 at CSR (business class) and 3 at DVB Resort! My parent's haven't stayed at CR since their Disneymoon in 1981 so I'm excited to share the tower experience with them as I have only stayed for one night a few years ago! I think it will be perfect since we are going to Epcot on Friday night and MK on Saturday before their flight…

How long do you allow to get to Epcot from CR via monorail. We have a dinner reservation at 5:20pm Garden Grill…thanks!
Welcome! The actual monorail ride to the TTC is only a few minutes. Once there, you have to walk up to the Epcot monorail, the ride takes about 10 minutes from there. You need to factor wait time at CR and TTC, getting into Epcot and walking to GG. For a 5:20 ADR, I would be at the CR monorail station at about 4:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyx3 View Post
Hi WDWKook,

Thank you so much for having such and amazing thread over here. I think I would be a bit lost without it.

We have transplanted from WL to BTL because of the concern we had over the construction. Sad, but this just gives us a reason to come back sooner than expected. We will want to come back and try the WL!! Not to say we aren't thrilled or excited about our move to the BTL. (also very grateful to Jante for finding the space for us) I do have a few questions and when you have a moment and happen to know the answers, any help would be appreciated.

1. The WL had these lovely pails that could be purchased through room service. Do you know if BTL offers the same or a similar thing?

2. With the monorail schedule, has it been confirmed that boats have been added for early morning dinings at other resorts?

3. Any special tips, hints ideas for us? We gathered and were prepared to do many of your WL ones. I just wondered if you had any for the BTL?

4. Is there a cost for packages if you have a parcel sent to the hotel? I don't remember seeing any costs to hold packages at the WL, but I am seeing a few things for BTL. This might change a few of our shipping plans if this is the case.

5. Is the walk to MK fairly easy and direct? Or is there a secret squirrel path you need to follow?

Thank you so much in advance. It really has been a pleasure reading all of your info and I am always grateful for it.
Thank you for your kind comments about the CR/BLT thread.

1. I don't have the most current CR/BLT private dining menu. AllEars doesn't include the specialty orders in their CR menu. I would think they would have it, but hopefully someone else will know.

2. There are already early ADR buses, but there aren't buses or boats to the MK from CR because there is a walkway. The early ADR schedule is in the TRANSPORTATION section of the thread.

3. CR has four cabanas that you could rent. There is more information on this in the RECREATION section of the thread. And, since you are staying at BLT, you have access to the CR pool area and the BLT Community Hall. You could still easily boat over to WL to do the activities you can't do at BLT such as bike riding and walking to FW. The same water recreation is available at BLT/CR.

4. HERE is shipping information from the first page.

5. The path starts after the CR bus stop. There is a video of the walk HERE on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsmom View Post
Ok, so where is the best place to watch. We will be in the tower, but on Bay Lake side. And is the fireworks viewing spot for California Grill any better. We will be having dinner there one night. Thanks.
CA Grill is the best viewing area for Wishes. You can view them indoors or outside. The CL lounges also have balconies and the music is piped in, if you're staying CL. The 4th floor observation deck is open to all.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-06-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #654
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Getting ready to pack up some of our home goods for our 2BR villa at BLT! I wanted to clarify a few things from the first post, just to be sure nothing has changed

We bought the Purex laundry sheets (although, I know detergent is included, Tide tends to give me skin issues.)

There is dishwasher detergent provided? I'm assuming it's the powder? Liquid dish soap as well, yes? Will be great to WASH our refillable mugs

The coffeemaker is a 10 cup pot, yes? It takes the 10 cup filters, right? Not the pods the other resorts use?

All bathrooms have the wall hair dryer? Right? Or is it an actual real hairdryer not attached to the wall charger? Those aren't normally effective on my THICK hair, but in the summer I rarely wear my hair down, so they should do just fine!

I noticed it said "pillows and blankets" for sofa bed. I'm assuming sheets are either already on it, or are included as well?

Thank you
Old 07-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #655
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, WDWKOOK
Hope your trip was fantastic!
You're a saint to go back and answer everyone's questions

I hope I didn't give bad info to eangel12 I don't feel I've seen those menus in forever but was hoping they were hidden somewhere in the room.
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #656
Allan
Mouseketeer

We will be checking in 7/25 for one night. We have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Contemporary but never had the opportunity. Thanks for all of the GREAT information on this thread!
Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #657
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Regarding the lack of text: Upon check-in, you'll be asked if you want to receive a text. You will soon receive a text asking you to reply YES if you want to in fact receive the text. If you don't receive this and/or you don't reply YES, then you won't receive the text. Even if you already did Online Check-In and you designated that you want to receive texts, you will have to do it again at check-in. IDK why the system works this way and there might be other factors that can affect receiving the text.
Yep, first is the acknowledgement text. All that worked fine.
Even double and triple checked. In the situation at BWV, I think it was more of a system issue. We even had issues with our MagicBands and getting into the room. Here's the details to that:
Check-in Issue

Aside from that snafu and the room keys, EVERYTHING was in perfect working order. And in true Disney style they took care of us after talking to a manager.

I definitely hold Disney to a higher standard and they overwhelmingly exceed that standard.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #658
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
We will be checking in 7/25 for one night. We have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Contemporary but never had the opportunity. Thanks for all of the GREAT information on this thread!
Hope you have a great time. Enjoy the resort
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #659
Jad102
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I've scanned these boards for months and finally decided to join last night, so this is my first post!

My family and I will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa in BLT checking in August 31st and staying 6 nights. We've stayed at Contemporary the last two visits, but we're pretty excited about being in BLT.

I read somewhere about some 2 bedroom villas could be 'lock offs' instead? They don't sound as nice as a regular villa, but I could be wrong. Is there any way I can assure that we don't have a 'lock off'?

Thanks!
Jad102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #660
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Yes, exactly. We received the text and replied "yes" but who knows what else was going on. No big deal to us, we were out having fun. If we had been in & around he resort sooner, would've just asked someone to check for us :

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: