Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #631
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

watching Wishes

Told my DS tonight that we will be able to see the fireworks from our hotel room and he was super excited! But he did say to me that he hopes we can hear the music b/c he really likes that part. Is there a tv channel or something where they simulcast the soundtrack while you watch wishes? I do agree...it's missing something big without the music!
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #632
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0308 View Post
Told my DS tonight that we will be able to see the fireworks from our hotel room and he was super excited! But he did say to me that he hopes we can hear the music b/c he really likes that part. Is there a tv channel or something where they simulcast the soundtrack while you watch wishes? I do agree...it's missing something big without the music!
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's piped in on Channel 42, but I've been unable to find where I read that.

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - Boardwalk Inn / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Clare Voince is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #633
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's piped in on Channel 42, but I've been unable to find where I read that.
I can't recall, but perhaps you could watch from the walkway between the Contemporary and BLT and hear the music. I want to say that you CAN hear it but I may just be subliminally hearing the music in my head.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #634
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Checked in @CR yesterday morning. Our room wasn't ready, so we headed out to the parks. Never got a text, but decided to stop at CR on our way to MK from DHS. We were in our room for maybe 5 minutes, and just as one of the girls said "hey look, we have a balcony" and went outside, the water pageant started. What a fun way to start our stay here

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #635
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Checked in @CR yesterday morning. Our room wasn't ready, so we headed out to the parks. Never got a text, but decided to stop at CR on our way to MK from DHS. We were in our room for maybe 5 minutes, and just as one of the girls said "hey look, we have a balcony" and went outside, the water pageant started. What a fun way to start our stay here
Very cool! Although the lack of text is concerning.

When we were at BLT, we heard this music from our room and then realized that is was the water pageant. Although not super exciting, it's a cool thing to see.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 07-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #636
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post

Very cool! Although the lack of text is concerning.

When we were at BLT, we heard this music from our room and then realized that is was the water pageant. Although not super exciting, it's a cool thing to see.
That concerned me too! They said they were only in their room 5 mins when they heard the EWP music, which means they didn't get in their room until like 9???
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #637
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last summer it was Channel 1-something. (Can't see the second number in my photo but you should easily be able to find it once you're there )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Sounds great. Have fun!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #638
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Checking in on Friday for one night Tower-BL view after we spend 2 at CSR (business class) and 3 at DVB Resort! My parent's haven't stayed at CR since their Disneymoon in 1981 so I'm excited to share the tower experience with them as I have only stayed for one night a few years ago! I think it will be perfect since we are going to Epcot on Friday night and MK on Saturday before their flight…

How long do you allow to get to Epcot from CR via monorail. We have a dinner reservation at 5:20pm Garden Grill…thanks!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #639
kittyx3
Earning My Ears

Hi WDWKook,

Thank you so much for having such and amazing thread over here. I think I would be a bit lost without it.

We have transplanted from WL to BTL because of the concern we had over the construction. Sad, but this just gives us a reason to come back sooner than expected. We will want to come back and try the WL!! Not to say we aren't thrilled or excited about our move to the BTL. (also very grateful to Jante for finding the space for us) I do have a few questions and when you have a moment and happen to know the answers, any help would be appreciated.

1. The WL had these lovely pails that could be purchased through room service. Do you know if BTL offers the same or a similar thing?

2. With the monorail schedule, has it been confirmed that boats have been added for early morning dinings at other resorts?

3. Any special tips, hints ideas for us? We gathered and were prepared to do many of your WL ones. I just wondered if you had any for the BTL?

4. Is there a cost for packages if you have a parcel sent to the hotel? I don't remember seeing any costs to hold packages at the WL, but I am seeing a few things for BTL. This might change a few of our shipping plans if this is the case.

5. Is the walk to MK fairly easy and direct? Or is there a secret squirrel path you need to follow?

Thank you so much in advance. It really has been a pleasure reading all of your info and I am always grateful for it.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #640
UrsulaTheSeaWitch
Earning My Ears

Hi,

I have a question for anyone who was recently there.
Does anyone happen to know the price of the Contemporary Monorail playset sold in Fantasia? I see such a range in prices for them on ebay, I'm wondering what the actual cost is to buy it new at the store.

Thanks
UrsulaTheSeaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #641
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
That concerned me too! They said they were only in their room 5 mins when they heard the EWP music, which means they didn't get in their room until like 9???
The check-in text hit a sore spot for me due to personal experience. I know what the check-in times are, but we usually arrive around 1PM ET, which isn't light years ahead of the 4PM time. They normally will note that you've arrived and try and get you into a room as soon as humanly possible.

Once time, it was less than 45 minutes after we arrived. We left BLT and headed over to MK and short while later my DW got a text.

Completely different situation this past trip. It was HOURS and we never actually got a text. I think our room was ready for quite some time but the front desk was never made aware.

Hopefully our Next trip in November will go smoother.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 07-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #642
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyx3 View Post
4. Is there a cost for packages if you have a parcel sent to the hotel? I don't remember seeing any costs to hold packages at the WL, but I am seeing a few things for BTL. This might change a few of our shipping plans if this is the case.

5. Is the walk to MK fairly easy and direct? Or is there a secret squirrel path you need to follow?
We ship food to our resorts. We were at BLT 2 years ago and there was no cost.

The walk over to MK is very straight forward and is an easy walk. My DDs were 8 and 5. The time it takes to walk over is about equal to the monorail, but it eliminates having to wait for the monorail to arrive or deal with full trains. I don't think we took the monorail over to the MK at all.

Hope this helps!
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 07-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #643
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulaTheSeaWitch View Post
Hi,

I have a question for anyone who was recently there.
Does anyone happen to know the price of the Contemporary Monorail playset sold in Fantasia? I see such a range in prices for them on ebay, I'm wondering what the actual cost is to buy it new at the store.

Thanks
I didn't buy ours at Disney (too big) but I did buy it directly from the Disney Store, where it was $49.95. I'd get from there before eBay.
http://www.disneystore.com/disneys-c...54561/1000268/
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #644
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyx3 View Post
Hi WDWKook, Thank you so much for having such and amazing thread over here. I think I would be a bit lost without it. We have transplanted from WL to BTL because of the concern we had over the construction. Sad, but this just gives us a reason to come back sooner than expected. We will want to come back and try the WL!! Not to say we aren't thrilled or excited about our move to the BTL. (also very grateful to Jante for finding the space for us) I do have a few questions and when you have a moment and happen to know the answers, any help would be appreciated. 1. The WL had these lovely pails that could be purchased through room service. Do you know if BTL offers the same or a similar thing? 2. With the monorail schedule, has it been confirmed that boats have been added for early morning dinings at other resorts? 3. Any special tips, hints ideas for us? We gathered and were prepared to do many of your WL ones. I just wondered if you had any for the BTL? 4. Is there a cost for packages if you have a parcel sent to the hotel? I don't remember seeing any costs to hold packages at the WL, but I am seeing a few things for BTL. This might change a few of our shipping plans if this is the case. 5. Is the walk to MK fairly easy and direct? Or is there a secret squirrel path you need to follow? Thank you so much in advance. It really has been a pleasure reading all of your info and I am always grateful for it.
We had a package sent in Apr when staying at BLT. It went to the convention center at the Contemporary and there was a $5 fee. We had not encountered this at other resorts when picking up packages.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December/January 2010/2011 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December/January 2011/2012 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December/January 2012/2013 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December/January 2013/2014 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 CSR/BLT - August 2014 POR/VWL- September 2014 SSR - December/January 2014/2015 BWV/AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (15) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 PM   #645
maxsmom
DIS Veteran

Fireworks

Ok, so where is the best place to watch. We will be in the tower, but on Bay Lake side. And is the fireworks viewing spot for California Grill any better. We will be having dinner there one night. Thanks.
00 Disney Wedding and Honeymoon WL/CSR, 01 1st Anniversary YC, 03 WL, 05 DS's 1st Time POP , 06 POP, 09 Poly DD's 1st Time!, 09 CSR + 1 night POR, 10 Pop then Poly for 10 yr aniv! , Summer of '11: POFQ, Summer of '12 CSR, Summer of '13 Poly, Summer of '14 Contemporary
maxsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: