Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #601
Wheelwatcher
My Other Car is a Monorail!

12th and 14th floor club levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
We'll be there 7/18-7/21. 14th Floor but we'll probably pop in to the Atrium Club too!
When you stay on the 14th floor can you visit the club lounge on both the 12th and 14th floors? I've been wondering about that...how awesome if so!
Wheelwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #602
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwatcher View Post
When you stay on the 14th floor can you visit the club lounge on both the 12th and 14th floors? I've been wondering about that...how awesome if so!
Yes, 14th floor gives you access to both.
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #603
Wheelwatcher
My Other Car is a Monorail!

Quote:
Yes, 14th floor gives you access to both.
That is so neat! Maybe we'll get some surprise pixie dust and get bumped up to the 14th floor!

YCFAN, I just noticed your handle...we are big fans of the Yacht Club and have stayed there the past 4 summers (club level of course!). This year we thought we'd try the Contemporary because we're just visiting for a short time and only plan to visit MK, so CR is so much more convenient for that. The other thing is, I have wanted to stay at CR since I was a little kid!

My question for you, and anyone else here who might have experience staying at both YC and CR, is: how would you say they compare? Do the club lounges have similar vibes? Are the cast members as awesome at CR as the ones at YC? We're getting so excited for our trip!

Thanks!
Wheelwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #604
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Anyone experienced the new transportation with the monorail changes? Are there busses AND a ferry to MK from CR and BLT?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #605
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwatcher View Post
That is so neat! Maybe we'll get some surprise pixie dust and get bumped up to the 14th floor! YCFAN, I just noticed your handle...we are big fans of the Yacht Club and have stayed there the past 4 summers (club level of course!). This year we thought we'd try the Contemporary because we're just visiting for a short time and only plan to visit MK, so CR is so much more convenient for that. The other thing is, I have wanted to stay at CR since I was a little kid! My question for you, and anyone else here who might have experience staying at both YC and CR, is: how would you say they compare? Do the club lounges have similar vibes? Are the cast members as awesome at CR as the ones at YC? We're getting so excited for our trip! Thanks!
The lounges are very different with a completely different feel. As for the lounge itself, I'd probably give the nod to CR. It's bigger, the views are outstanding and the food is much more varied. The YC CMs get the nod for favorite though.

Having said that........it won't make any sense when I tell you that based on past stays, I always go back to the YC CL and occasionally go back to CR as well as AKL. I don't really know why. It's just a feeling I get when I stay at YC. I feel more like I'm in vacation!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #606
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

My apologies for not multi-quoting, but we have been having a fabulous, but busy vacation. We were at YC-CL for 3 nights and transferred Wednesday to WL-CL. We were very anxious to depart YC and arrived at 8:30! After one night, we were magically upgraded to a Deluxe Room. This is our first Deluxe Room and it's been so nice having an extra room with a queen bed for DD, two balconies and a wonderful Bay Lake/CY view.

We had breakfast yesterday at The Wave and the buffet was delicious, as usual. They've added a Tilamook cheese and bacon grits that was so delicious. The lobby still smells so fresh when you walk in. Unfortunately, there still isn't any resort-branded merchandise. Only the Larry Dotson print and the CR pin - that's it. I asked a CM again, as I always do, and got the same answer I always get, "People ask all the time, but it doesn't look like we'll ever get any." Very disappointing.

CR/BLT are still gorgeous and they've added tables with chairs and umbrellas near the marina and pool so you can now sit in the shade while awaiting the boat. This is a huge improvement over roasting in the sun waiting for the FW/WL boats.

There are still 2 cabanas at the Bullseye/Bay Lake pool and 2 at the Mickey Ear pool. We only rode the monorail a couple of times and it really seems to get worse every visit. I used to adore the monorail, but riding it can be a real adventure nowadays. They seem more full and seem to have more "issues." We were held at Epcot, SRO, doors closed and AC and fans off for about 10 minutes in 95+ temps. We opted for the bus and boat after that adventure.

I took this from the Blue Flag yesterday morning:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #607
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

What great updates and information!! Glad you're having a fantastic time! So sad to head about the continued lack of resort merch What a shame!! Thanks, also, for the cabana update! Enjoy the rest of your stay!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #608
disneymommy1979
Mouseketeer

We are staying at BLT the end of August, and while I was doing our online checking, I could request a "home run" section or a "sports" section on my reservation request (along with "upper floor, near elevators, etc). Anyone know where these sections are located? TIA!
disneymommy1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #609
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymommy1979 View Post
We are staying at BLT the end of August, and while I was doing our online checking, I could request a "home run" section or a "sports" section on my reservation request (along with "upper floor, near elevators, etc). Anyone know where these sections are located? TIA!
It's my understanding that those choices are showing up on all resort check ins. It's actually a choice for All Star Sports but due to a glitch in the system, it's showing up everywhere.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #610
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymommy1979 View Post
I'm sorry - but I have no idea. Perhaps you could ask on the DVC board? Here's a link to their BLT room thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread....&highlight=blt

Thank you so much for checking in, WDWKOOK. Your trip sounds very, very nice. Woohoo for the WL Deluxe room surprise upgrade

Sorry for the monorail sauna experience. I've been there!

Your photos are gorgeous!! Keep having fun!
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #611
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's my understanding that those choices are showing up on all resort check ins. It's actually a choice for All Star Sports but due to a glitch in the system, it's showing up everywhere.
bizarre I thought those names sounded odd for BLT sections
Old 06-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #612
disneymommy1979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok thanks! I just chose upper floor, hope the request goes through, but if not I'm sure we will still have a great time! Thanks to the dis boards I think we chose a great hotel with 3 young children. (I did SO much homework picking out the best resort for our family!)
disneymommy1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #613
cmac609
DIS Veteran

36 more hours

Our flight leaves in 36 hours...heading back to WDW. First time at the Contemporary. We are staying 12th floor club. Can't wait..

DH, :: Me: ds11, ds9, ds2
7/2006 Polynesian (Samoa) (First Time), 7/2011 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2008 Polynesian (Samoa) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific & 12/2008 Pop Century
7/2009 Polynesian (Hawaii)
7/2010 Polynesian (Hawaii) & Universal Lowes Royal Pacific
cmac609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #614
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609 View Post
Our flight leaves in 36 hours...heading back to WDW. First time at the Contemporary. We are staying 12th floor club. Can't wait..
Have a fantastic trip!!

CR :ears boy: Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:18 PM   #615
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac609 View Post
WooHoo! Have a wonderful trip. I look forward to hearing how you like it
Atrium Club is fabulous!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: