Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #46
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandigregory View Post

It only goes to 8/28. Do you still want it?
Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall.
I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this.
Thank you again!!!
EveClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #47
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post

Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall.
I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this.
Thank you again!!!
I always check Mousesavers.com. They always have discounts on their homepage as soon as they're released
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #48
brandigregory
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post
Thank you so much!!!! We had planned on Sept but I may switch it if we decide its a good savings for us overall. I'm going to have to call Visa Rewards in the morning and see what's going on. I'm not happy that we didn't know about this. Thank you again!!!
I got the email at 2:02pm ET today if that helps!
brandigregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #49
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Super job on the new thread Kook !,

Hubs and I are set to arrive 19 Oct-25 Oct in our 1BR villa at BLT...log-o-rail here we come !!

Not sure I am excited about the new magic bands...anyone finding they limit you more or less to one park per day since you can only FP reserve for one park per day ? ( or did I read that wrong ?)

Also hoping WDW offers a military park hopper deal for Oct...fingers crossed !
Gryhndmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #50
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2zjj View Post
So glad to find this thread. Lots of great info.

This will be my 4th time to WDW and first time onsite. We are staying at CR BLV Aug 23-30 for our 10th anniversary trip.
I'll log your dates and thank you for the kinds words about the revised thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
Has anyone done with personal water craft tour by Sammy Duvall that leaves from the contemporary marina? I am thinking about doing it with my husband and was wondering what people's experiences were with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
New digs!!!!
You found our new Bay Lake home. Please apprise me of where the Pas-tastics are staying AND YOU CAN'T USE YOUR NOTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale View Post
Looks fantastic!
Thanks, cadale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Ha!

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts!
Oooo are we talking a two bedroom at rack rate? Could you book the one bedroom for you and mom or is this for more people? I'd hold on to the reservation until you're sure about the discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastermom View Post
Just Booked !! Long weekend in Sept our first visit to the Contemporary !! Tell me I will love it !! We are in a garden view but for all I care it could be a parking lot view I am just happy to be there !! LOL
You will LOVE IT!!! Might I suggest requesting a GV room that fronts Bay Lake? They are just steps from the water and beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Super job on the new thread Kook !,

Hubs and I are set to arrive 19 Oct-25 Oct in our 1BR villa at BLT...log-o-rail here we come !!

Not sure I am excited about the new magic bands...anyone finding they limit you more or less to one park per day since you can only FP reserve for one park per day ? ( or did I read that wrong ?)

Also hoping WDW offers a military park hopper deal for Oct...fingers crossed !
Thank you so much and you are officially logged. The trend for years has been to offer the Military Salute tickets and room-only discount so it will probably be offered again - I hope! Every year I worry the discount will decrease and I have really gotten used to booking at 40% off

We used FP+ over Christmas and it worked really well and we still park-hopped. But, at that time, you could still pull FPs which you can't do now. We're good with one park's attractions per day and maybe just eating at another or doing rides at night when it's less crowded. Many have complained though about FP+ and only one park, maybe they will eventually change that restriction

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-15-2014 at 06:42 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #51
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Oooo are we talking a two bedroom at rack rate? Could you book the one bedroom for you and mom or is this for more people? I'd hold on to the reservation until you're sure about the discounts.
Yes! Rack rate!! It's my mom, sister, myself and my husband. The issue is we're all adults so we need 3 beds. Someone is already possibly 'stuck' on the sleeper with a two bedroom as it is ! We had a HUGE suite at the Dolphin last time we all went and it was phenomenal, but it just didn't feel as Disney to me and my mom has been dreaming of watching the fireworks from her room for years! We lost my dad when my sisters and I were young and she's done so much for us, so I want her to get her that dream!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #52
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

I always check Mousesavers.com. They always have discounts on their homepage as soon as they're released
Thank you! I'll have to keep a close eye on that page to make sure I don't miss anything...
Old 03-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #53
EveClark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandigregory View Post

I got the email at 2:02pm ET today if that helps!
It did help! I had to make a lot of phone calls today to figure out why I'm not getting emails or seeing the promos... Its still not resolved but it helped having the info you gave.
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #54
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

can someone please help me out on where the heck we are looking at staying ?(my H made the reservation)

the reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort, Tower, Theme Park view.

when he made the reservations was told it was the main Contemporary Bldg, but I am confused by the "Tower" on the reservation?

TIA
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #55
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Hfan View Post
can someone please help me out on where the heck we are looking at staying ?(my H made the reservation)

the reservation says Disney's Contemporary Resort, Tower, Theme Park view.

when he made the reservations was told it was the main Contemporary Bldg, but I am confused by the "Tower" on the reservation?

TIA
Yes, the main building is called the tower. So you'll be in the main building (tower) with a theme park view.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #56
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Shiny new thread!!! So pretty!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #57
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Yes, the main building is called the tower. So you'll be in the main building (tower) with a theme park view.

Thank you! So excited!!
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #58
rxtiger
Earning My Ears

Great looking thread! We have booked June 6-16, 2015. It will our son's graduation trip so we splurged for a CR 1 bedroom suite, MK view. A long way off, but already excited!!!
Contemporary Resort - June 2015; Knights/Lights + DLP June 2014; Beach Club - June 2013; Australia ABD 2012; Disney Dream October 2011; Contemporary Resort - June 2011; Quest for the West 2010; Grand Floridian 2009; Beach Club 2007; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005; Caribbean Beach 2003; Port Orleans 2001

rxtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #59
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Looks great, KOOK . Thanks for keeping this thread going....you do such a great job of keeping it up to date . Haven't booked the CR yet, but it's in the running for our next trip (whenever that may be ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #60
GoofyDisneyDaddy
Mouseketeer

Do they still play the music to Wishes on the TV? If so what channel? Would love it if anyone has recent info, because the last I saw was channel 20, but that is now ESPN.
GoofyDisneyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: