Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #481
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
Just curious if the CR has volley ball in the pool? I know they have one on land, but my son really enjoys the pool ones Also, do they do campfires with marsh mellows at the CR? Thanks so much!
Yes, they do have pool volleyball and the nightly free marshmallow roast is held on the beach between CR and BLT. I have photos in the Recreation section of the thread.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #482
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I called the Disney Recreation line to ask about the cabanas and got some updated info (take it as just the word of one CM,) so I updated post #475 with what I was told
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #483
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, they do have pool volleyball and the nightly free marshmallow roast is held on the beach between CR and BLT. I have photos in the Recreation section of the thread.
Great--thanks so much for the info!

Karebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #484
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Hi! We are Poly transplants and are staying for the first time in a 1BR standard view at BLT. I have tried to find advice on what location to request, but I am overwhelmed with so many pages of info. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks so much!!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #485
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

So with the monorail schedule changes, will there be boat service to MK or will they just assume everyone will walk?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #486
jaz0308
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
So with the monorail schedule changes, will there be boat service to MK or will they just assume everyone will walk?
Jumping on that question...what about getting to EPCOT before rope drop? Anyone know if they will have buses running?
jaz0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #487
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Old 06-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #488
WDWKOOK

This new schedule starts the day we arrive, in one week. I'll post if I find out more information while there.

Beginning 6/22/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.* An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time. This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be:

Epcot - 9:00am-11:00pm

Resort monorail - 9:30am-11:30pm

Express monorail - 8:30am-midnight.
Outside of these hours, alternate watercraft and bus transportation is available.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportatio...l.htm#schedule
Old 06-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #489
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
This new schedule starts the day we arrive, in one week. I'll post if I find out more information while there. Beginning 6/22/14: The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.* An automated monorail will allow for faster switching times, more frequent dispatching of trains, and accurate arrival information. Additional buses and watercraft will be available during this time. This schedule will be in place for a few months, but no specific end date has been set. The schedule will be: 
Epcot - 9:00am-11:00pm
 Resort monorail - 9:30am-11:30pm
 Express monorail - 8:30am-midnight. Outside of these hours, alternate watercraft and bus transportation is available. http://www.wdwinfo.com/transportatio...l.htm#schedule
For those of us who are more familiar with the Epcot resorts.........could you please explain the difference between the resort monorail and the express monorail? TIA
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #490
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
For those of us who are more familiar with the Epcot resorts.........could you please explain the difference between the resort monorail and the express monorail? TIA
The Express Monorail goes to the (TTC) Transportation and Ticket Center then on to the MK and back to the TTC.

The Resort Monorail goes from the TTC, to the Poly, the GF then stops at the MK, CR and back to the TTC.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #491
WDWKOOK

A test is taking place for arrivals 6/16-6/28 that will allow guests to bypass check-in and go directly to their hotel room. This will include guests at the Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House and Kidani Village.

Before their arrival, guests will receive a text message or email letting them know the room assignment and they can then use their MagicBands to unlock the hotel room door. For guests to be eligible for the test, they must be using My Disney Experience and have their profile completed, as well as have received their MagicBands in the mail, have done Online Check-In, set up an account PIN number and paid their balance in full. Once Online Check-In is complete, the MagicBands are active and can be used for park tickets, FastPasses, dining plan credits, etc.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...wdwinfo.com%29
Old 06-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #492
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I called the Disney Recreation line to ask about the cabanas and got some updated info (take it as just the word of one CM,) so I updated post #475 with what I was told
Thank you. I will update my cabana section with any new information you posted. While Craig's photos are amazing, I think the information on his site is about 5 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jcg View Post
Hi! We are Poly transplants and are staying for the first time in a 1BR standard view at BLT. I have tried to find advice on what location to request, but I am overwhelmed with so many pages of info. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks so much!!
Welcome and aloha! There is an index in POST 1 which includes hyperlinks to the BLT sections of the thread, but I don't really have any view recommendations there. I do refer BLT guests to work2play's wonderful BLT villa location thread HERE for the best advice. She has created a chart of all the villa numbers and views.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #493
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
The Express Monorail goes to the (TTC) Transportation and Ticket Center then on to the MK and back to the TTC. The Resort Monorail goes from the TTC, to the Poly, the GF then stops at the MK, CR and back to the TTC.
Ugh. I was hoping that my niece's first approach to the MK would be via monorail, but if it doesn't operate until 9:30 then I guess we're walking the first day.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #494
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome and aloha! There is an index in POST 1 which includes hyperlinks to the BLT sections of the thread, but I don't really have any view recommendations there. I do refer BLT guests to work2play's wonderful BLT villa location thread HERE for the best advice. She has created a chart of all the villa numbers and views.
Thank you! That is awesome! I now have my top 3 room choices. That was exactly what I was looking for... Pics of the views from the rooms. This thread has great info. I'm trying to read it all so I can be educated
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:05 PM   #495
stone0990
Mouseketeer

1 BR BLT or Standard View Atrium CL?

We are trying to decide between a one bedroom BLT MK View or Standard View Atrium Club Level?? It is myself, DH, DS (12), DS (10), and DD (8)

Pros and Cons of each would be MUCH appreciated! (We have never had the privilege of staying at the Contemporary before!!

TIA!!!
stone0990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: