Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #316
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Anyone know what the hours are of the Community Hall at BLT?
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #317
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Anyone know what the hours are of the Community Hall at BLT?
From POST 17:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #318
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Thank you!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #319
skateshome
Mouseketeer

BLT Studio vs. TPV standard room at Contemporary......
Anyone stayed at both?
Looks like the studio is considerably smaller but the microwave and toaster
would be a big plus. Also looks like the fridge is bigger in the studio?
DW, DD7 an DD6 just got back from CR but looking at possibly booking a BLT studio next year for 1/2 the price. What say you Disboards?
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #320
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
So, silly question, I'm assuming Community Hall is where you go to get the supplies for tennis, bocce, shuffleboard, etc...?
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #321
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

VINTAGE WDW: THE HISTORY OF CALIFORNIA GRILL.

Look at those vintage prices!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #322
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I can finally say that I check in THIS MONDAY! Ahhhhh! So excited :D

Question: is alcohol allowed on the Contemporary 4th floor viewing deck of Wishes? Like, could we bring a bottle of champagne to toast? I'm hopeful that we may luck out with a partial TPV in our LV villas, but in case we don't, we may want to watch Wishes our first night over at CR.
I don't see why you couldn't BYOB. The only restriction I can think of would be glass containers near the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
Is there a fireworks viewing area in the Contemporary that is for guests only?
The only restricted access areas at CR are the 12th and 14th floor CL lounges, CA Grill and the Top of the World Lounge at BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
Must be referring to the sky bridge on the 4th floor between BLT and CR.
I thought at one time that the Sky Bridge was going to be closed during Wishes due to weight/safety restrictions. But, I can't confirm if this in fact the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycat84 View Post
Hi! We are staying at the contemporary in a garden view room, in September. I had a few questions I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. I keep trying to book the the wave restaurant for an early dinner but the earliest I can find is 7pm. What gives ? I was hoping to do 5 - 5:30.

Also, I'm sure that this has been asked a million times but can I view the MK fireworks from anywhere in the hotel? Was hoping to see them from inside the resort on our first night because I'm sure we'll need time to unwind.

My last question, I have a son with a rare genetic condition. I'm hoping to bring a special needs travel bed with us. It looks kind of like a tent. Do you think I should notify the hotel ahead of time? I don't want anyone thinking we're smuggling in extra people.
Thanks!
I can't imagine why The Wave would already be full at opening in Sep., unless the venue has been reserved for some reason.

You cannot view Wishes from anywhere in CR. From inside CR, you can view Wishes from any MKV/TPV room, from CA Grill and from the 12th and 14th floor CL lounges. Those are the only interior spots I can think of other than you might be able to see some of Wishes from the north end of the 4th floor concourse near the exterior viewing deck.

I would only mention the "tent" at check-in. No need to notify them in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycat84 View Post
One last question: since I'm travel with my special needs son who is not walking yet ( still toddler so fits in a stroller) are there any rooms I should request in the garden wing that would be best for us (ie: closer to the main building or roomier). Thanks
All Standard rooms throughout CR are identical in size. But, you could request a room "close to CR." Just call the WDTC and have the request added to your reservation and ask again at check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy D View Post
We just got back home on May 7th. We had a theme park view room, on 7th floor odd numbered room. I must say that Contemporary is definitely our favorite now!!!! My son has already asked several times if we can stay there again when we go back. Just wanted to say thanks to those who have posted such valuable info on here.
Well, it's time to book another trip!! So glad you had a great stay.

Quote:
When staying at BLT, where do we get our refillable mugs? Anywhere at BLT or do we have to go to Contempo Cafe?
Purchase only at CC, but refill at either the BLT pool or CC.

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
BLT Studio vs. TPV standard room at Contemporary......
Anyone stayed at both?
Looks like the studio is considerably smaller but the microwave and toaster
would be a big plus. Also looks like the fridge is bigger in the studio?
DW, DD7 an DD6 just got back from CR but looking at possibly booking a BLT studio next year for 1/2 the price. What say you Disboards?
I've not stayed in a Studio, but have stayed at CR and in a One Bedroom at BLT. I would definitely recommend the One Bedroom, but from what I've seen and read about the Studios, I would book a CR room before a Studio. The CR room is larger and there is a microwave and toaster available at the CC. What would be perfect is if you could book a CR CL room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
So, silly question, I'm assuming Community Hall is where you go to get the supplies for tennis, bocce, shuffleboard, etc...?
Not silly at all and yes, if you are a registered BLT guest, you would get those items at the CH.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #323
court139
Earning My Ears

The CR Atrium will be my first ever Disney Resort stay!! It's only for 1 night, but still excited! June 12-13, and managed to scoop up a Chef Mickey's (before I booked the resort)! HBD to me!
court139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #324
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by court139 View Post
The CR Atrium will be my first ever Disney Resort stay!! It's only for 1 night, but still excited! June 12-13, and managed to scoop up a Chef Mickey's (before I booked the resort)! HBD to me!
Welcome! What a great first Disney Resort stay at the Atrium Club! I'll add your date to the Log-orail.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #325
Latmlnsn
Earning My Ears

First time disney guests (5 adults and a toddler) staying at the contemporary in November. Currently booked a garden wing garden rooms, but may try to switch to the main building. So excited for our trip!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #326
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Just switched our reservation to the Contemporary from the Poly for this August, 8/23 to 8/28. The construction issues at the Poly just pushed us over the edge. We have never stayed at the Contemporary before, so I will be going back through this thread and reading up now.

Last edited by JKSWonder; 05-17-2014 at 10:45 AM.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #327
Loveslsu
Mouseketeer

Just got back from our first family trip. We LOVED the Contemporary. It is so convenient for those with little ones. We walked to MK instead of having to wait in lines for transportation....fantastic. The monorail never got old for my 4 year old who called out "monorail" every single time she saw it. The slide at the pool was a family favorite.

May 2014 First Disney World vacation as a family! Best Mother's Day ever!
Loveslsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #328
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveslsu View Post
The monorail never got old for my 4 year old who called out "monorail" every single time she saw it.
We always did that too! Although we always followed it with the color, "Monorail Red!" I still have an urge to do it when I visit alone, but am afraid people will think I'm nuts yelling it out to myself.

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - Boardwalk Inn / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Clare Voince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #329
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

Our trip is just a couple weeks away!

A couple CR questions:
1. We're staying in the garden wing, so no balcony. Is there a spot in the room to set up a couple bungee cords for make shift clothes lines?
2. Is there a spot to hang an over the door shoe hanger? My understanding is that CR has pocket doors for the bathroom.

TIA!
Disneyvirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #330
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latmlnsn View Post
First time disney guests (5 adults and a toddler) staying at the contemporary in November. Currently booked a garden wing garden rooms, but may try to switch to the main building. So excited for our trip!
The Tower rooms are identical to the GW rooms, BUT, you would have a balcony and an awesome view. Are you in two GW rooms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Just switched our reservation to the Contemporary from the Poly for this August, 8/23 to 8/28. The construction issues at the Poly just pushed us over the edge. We have never stayed at the Contemporary before, so I will be going back through this thread and reading up now.
I'll add your dates to the Log-orail.

So many people are bailing on the Poly. It's hard to make major improvements, but not disrupt the guests' enjoyment. Seems a little monetary incentive or free upgrades might have been nice. The one day BB pass probably isn't going to appease guests who are staying longer. Anywho, you're going to love CR and being able to walk to the MK is wonderful. Unlike Poly, all the Tower rooms have a balcony and unobstructed views. Are you in the Tower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveslsu View Post
Just got back from our first family trip. We LOVED the Contemporary. It is so convenient for those with little ones. We walked to MK instead of having to wait in lines for transportation....fantastic. The monorail never got old for my 4 year old who called out "monorail" every single time she saw it. The slide at the pool was a family favorite.
Sounds like you will HAVE to return soon to CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Our trip is just a couple weeks away!

A couple CR questions:
1. We're staying in the garden wing, so no balcony. Is there a spot in the room to set up a couple bungee cords for make shift clothes lines?
2. Is there a spot to hang an over the door shoe hanger? My understanding is that CR has pocket doors for the bathroom.

TIA!
I believe there is a retractable cord that extends the length of the bathtub near the curtain rod where you can hang wet clothes.

Yes, there are two pocket doors to/in the bathroom, but there is also a towel rack that is like a ladder where you might be able to put it and there are two closet doors in the hallway where it might work. Hopefully, someone who has actually brought one will comment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: