Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #301
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
When checking in at BLT, do you physically check in at the Contemporary and not BLT?
BLT has their own front desk in the lobby, and I do believe you would check in there I've only stayed at CR but have walked over to BLT to explore.

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #302
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
When checking in at BLT, do you physically check in at the Contemporary and not BLT?
check in at BLT...super easy and fast if you have done online check in.
Gryhndmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #303
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Thanks, all!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #304
Brian918
Earning My Ears

Room request

I've searched the forum and tried skimming this thread, but can't find who / where I send the room requests. I know in my past stays at the CBR, it was via fax. I'm not sure if that is still used or if email is a better option. Any advice along with a fax / email would be greatly appreciated.

I've surmised that it's best to do it 5 days prior to check-in, which I think would mean Wednesday for a Sunday check-in. Is this correct? Or should I do it on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance!
Brian
Brian918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #305
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian918
I've searched the forum and tried skimming this thread, but can't find who / where I send the room requests. I know in my past stays at the CBR, it was via fax. I'm not sure if that is still used or if email is a better option. Any advice along with a fax / email would be greatly appreciated.

I've surmised that it's best to do it 5 days prior to check-in, which I think would mean Wednesday for a Sunday check-in. Is this correct? Or should I do it on Tuesday?

Thanks in advance!
Brian
The best way to make room requests is to call and have them added to your reservation. That can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. They assign rooms 2-3 days out.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #306
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

I can finally say that I check in THIS MONDAY! Ahhhhh! So excited :D

Question: is alcohol allowed on the Contemporary 4th floor viewing deck of Wishes? Like, could we bring a bottle of champagne to toast? I'm hopeful that we may luck out with a partial TPV in our LV villas, but in case we don't, we may want to watch Wishes our first night over at CR.
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #307
ratlenhum
DIS Veteran

Is there a fireworks viewing area in the Contemporary that is for guests only?
ratlenhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #308
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
I can finally say that I check in THIS MONDAY! Ahhhhh! So excited :D

Question: is alcohol allowed on the Contemporary 4th floor viewing deck of Wishes? Like, could we bring a bottle of champagne to toast? I'm hopeful that we may luck out with a partial TPV in our LV villas, but in case we don't, we may want to watch Wishes our first night over at CR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlenhum View Post
Is there a fireworks viewing area in the Contemporary that is for guests only?
Must be referring to the sky bridge on the 4th floor between BLT and CR.

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary 9/2014 Yacht Club
*We're working that annual pass before time runs out!
snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #309
alycat84
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are staying at the contemporary in a garden view room, in September. I had a few questions I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. I keep trying to book the the wave restaurant for an early dinner but the earliest I can find is 7pm. What gives ? I was hoping to do 5 - 5:30. Also, I'm sure that this has been asked a million times but can I view the MK fireworks from anywhere in the hotel? Was hoping to see them from inside the resort on our first night because I'm sure we'll need time to unwind. My last question, I have a son with a rare genetic condition. I'm hoping to bring a special needs travel bed with us. It looks kind of like a tent. Do you think I should notify the hotel ahead of time? I don't want anyone thinking we're smuggling in extra people.
Thanks!
alycat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #310
alycat84
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycat84 View Post
Hi! We are staying at the contemporary in a garden view room, in September. I had a few questions I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to. I keep trying to book the the wave restaurant for an early dinner but the earliest I can find is 7pm. What gives ? I was hoping to do 5 - 5:30. Also, I'm sure that this has been asked a million times but can I view the MK fireworks from anywhere in the hotel? Was hoping to see them from inside the resort on our first night because I'm sure we'll need time to unwind. My last question, I have a son with a rare genetic condition. I'm hoping to bring a special needs travel bed with us. It looks kind of like a tent. Do you think I should notify the hotel ahead of time? I don't want anyone thinking we're smuggling in extra people. Thanks!
One last question: since I'm travel with my special needs son who is not walking yet ( still toddler so fits in a stroller) are there any rooms I should request in the garden wing that would be best for us (ie: closer to the main building or roomier). Thanks
alycat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #311
Disney Mommy D
Earning My Ears

We just got back home on May 7th. We had a theme park view room, on 7th floor odd numbered room. I must say that Contemporary is definitely our favorite now!!!! My son has already asked several times if we can stay there again when we go back. Just wanted to say thanks to those who have posted such valuable info on here.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #312
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

When staying at BLT, where do we get our refillable mugs? Anywhere at BLT or do we have to go to Contempo Cafe?
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 PM   #313
lazytown10
Earning My Ears

I have a question for the Bay Lake Tower experts. I would like to book a two bedroom for early March next year. I am currently in line waiting for DVC points to become available at David's. Around what time would you advise me to give up on the waiting list and try with Disney? Does anyone know when those type rooms begin to fill up? I really don't have a preference for certain views, we just need the two bedrooms. Thanks!
lazytown10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #314
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazytown10 View Post
I have a question for the Bay Lake Tower experts. I would like to book a two bedroom for early March next year. I am currently in line waiting for DVC points to become available at David's. Around what time would you advise me to give up on the waiting list and try with Disney? Does anyone know when those type rooms begin to fill up? I really don't have a preference for certain views, we just need the two bedrooms. Thanks!
We booked our two bedroom at 11 months out. The 2 bedrooms seem to disappear really quickly! I started a whole thread about booking BLT on cash through CRO because it's such a quirky thing that really doesn't have any consistent rhyme or reason.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #315
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alycat84 View Post
One last question: since I'm travel with my special needs son who is not walking yet ( still toddler so fits in a stroller) are there any rooms I should request in the garden wing that would be best for us (ie: closer to the main building or roomier). Thanks

I would let the hotel know about the special bed before you go just so there is no issue with house keeping if you want to leave it up for the whole trip . Not really sure what it consist of but if it looks like a tent they may take it down / apart and ruin it on accident not knowing what it is while cleaning the room .

We are also staying in the garden wing in Sept for just a few days but this is our first visit to the CR so I am no help picking a room for request but I would call the resort and mention requesting a room closer to the tower when you tell them about the special bed .

Good Luck !!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: